Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #43
55Designs

Drives: 2010
I wish someone will steal GM warranty claims report for all the Gen 5 Camaros with paint and body issues. There has to be a huge amount across the globe by now. GM already paid for other clearcoat blems to be fixed and resprayed on my car.

Regardless of the car being a GM I never saw any new car even ones 1/2 the price with such blems.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #44
2Fast4U2010

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Thanks for the info, checked my black SS mine is good to go. I'm sure not all cars have it. Like stated above inexperienced "people" I've always said try not to buy a car built on Mondays or Fridays. People with hangovers on Monday, on Friday they are ready to get the hell off work. Just my dimes worth. Get it fixed, warranty work.
2Fast4U2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #45
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Guess I'm glad I don't like black and ordered yellow.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #46
Variko

Drives: 2SS RS LS3 Black
Throw some rubber up there that will hide it well. Every production car has flaws. Mine has a few things that I feel could be better. In the end it doesnt have a 10k custom paint job. It wasnt hand built. For that you need to spend 100k+. All of these slight cosmetic problems dont slow it down any, and to me its driving it that gives me a thrill. Not parking it outside and looking at it with a magnifying glass. A good solid burnout should fill in those ripples nicely with some tire boogers.
Variko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #47
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Ichecked and it not on mine,no ripples etc. Just perfect.
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #48
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
I studied on mine for a good 20 mins both sides trying to see it. I guess I got lucky. Mines straight and true. But I have seen this one a Camaro in my neighborhood, as well as other vehicles not just the Camaro.
Bbrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #49
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Wow...

My $.02 but have you ever done body and paint work? Have you ever looked at the terrible bodies on the muscle cars of the "hey day"? The cars from the 80's? 90's?

The body on these new cars is so much better its amazing. As the other guy stated, your expectations are a bit on the unrealistic side for this price range. When you see the guys on overhaulin and such skin coating entire car bodies these are the demons they are chasing. It's called custom body work. You bought a production car with amazing features and lines at a bargain price when you look at the overall package. If you are really that displeased b/c of these small wobbles I might suggest paying the best custom shop in your area about $10k to make it flawless. That is what it takes, and that is what it costs.

To say that the workers at Oshawa or GM somehow wronged you is just not being fair or realistic. If there is literally a dent, my apologies and sign up for warranty. If it's body waves, you had a chance to look at the car before you accepted it. Production cars all have them.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #50
markbolt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Just got in from inspecting mine 10 mins, there is absolutely nothing there, I have the IOM.

Sorry
markbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #51
bryantman

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
When GM stamped or rolled the fender lip out back the metal is all wavy and distorted. it looks like shit because my car is so shiny in black it just pisses me off how stupid they can be to cause this on the build.

Every car seems to have this some more noticable than others, of course the color of the car seems to affect it.

Anyone made a formal complaint on this yet?

Honestly I am thinking about having it fixed its bothering me that much.

When you see the lip meet the bumper and look straight down you see all the metal distortion.

If anyone hasnt paind attention to this I will post some photos Sunday.
You know I really enjoy Camaro5.com and the interesting information that is posted here. But there are topics, and this is one of them, that just makes me wonder what people are expecting this car to be. It's a mass production, GM car just as the Chevrolet Impala or the Chevrolet Malibu. For me its the best car I've ever owned for THE DOLLAR. And I've had new cars from an Olds Cutlass to a BMW M5. If you want perfection or somewhere close to it, its going to cost you alot more than what you've paid. And by the way - it's not exclusive either. Look at the production stats - they're everywhere and many people are driving them EVERY DAY in the rain and the snow and everything else. In my area you could go out and get one tomorrow in your choice of colors, options and trim levels - likely under sticker.

OK - so I got that off my chest - good luck with getting your issue resolved. I just don't see anything on my car or yours that justifies the outcry of a "formal complaint"
Old 01-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #52
55Designs

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
My $.02 but have you ever done body and paint work? Have you ever looked at the terrible bodies on the muscle cars of the "hey day"? The cars from the 80's? 90's?

The body on these new cars is so much better its amazing. As the other guy stated, your expectations are a bit on the unrealistic side for this price range. When you see the guys on overhaulin and such skin coating entire car bodies these are the demons they are chasing. It's called custom body work. You bought a production car with amazing features and lines at a bargain price when you look at the overall package. If you are really that displeased b/c of these small wobbles I might suggest paying the best custom shop in your area about $10k to make it flawless. That is what it takes, and that is what it costs.

To say that the workers at Oshawa or GM somehow wronged you is just not being fair or realistic. If there is literally a dent, my apologies and sign up for warranty. If it's body waves, you had a chance to look at the car before you accepted it. Production cars all have them.
I have to dissagree with you and others who feel this isnt a big deal. Making a comparison to GM build quality from the 1960-1980 isnt worth talking about its 2010 guys. I have owned, restored and collect vintage cars, build quality is crap 30+ years ago. New cars today are a pleasure how things line up and fit.The Camaro cost $44,000.00 loaded that is not an economy car or chump change to anyone today so there is no reason to accept defects in the build of the car. Its like having mini door dings on both sides of the car or it makes me think a 5 year old tried to roll the fenders with a Eastwood fender roller for practice. Its annoying and I see it every single day I leave for work.My family owns several GM cars, Cobalt, CTS V, Vette and some Trailblazers. None of these cars have body defects. Cobalt is a 17k car. its not justified by price.
To fix this would require some hammer/dolly work and both 1/4 painted this would be a HUGE repair bill for something so stupid in the first place.

There is not one new car that I ever came across that had distorted ripples on the metal that was so obvious. Its just a careless assembly process plain and simple. Oh like me and so many guys on here who removed their rear Bowtie safely just to see paint chips which were covered by the Bowtie, more careless assembly by the GM team.

Just made the post to put this out there for guys who have this issue. Its great to see its not everyone. Every Gen 5 I saw in New York has had this issue. Is this a early build issue I dont know, has GM addressed this I would certainly like to know.

I will add I did see a OEM replacement 1/4 Panel at the Chevy dealer 3 weeks ago when I bought some oil filters and it did not have the distorition in the black E Coat out of the box.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #53
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
If you paid $44k loaded you should be more upset about getting ripped off.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #54
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Taking anal retentive to a whole new level...
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:29 PM   #55
Predator/2SS

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2ss/rs M6
I just inspected mine and i see what you are talking about. Mine is summit white so it is not very noticeable till it was pointed out.
Predator/2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #56
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
99% of the people would never notice it unless you point it out to them...or they happen to be doing work in that area...