Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #15
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
A good ole shop vac from Lowes (or anywhere) will do just fine. Can't say I've tried their vacum.
+1, I love my lowes shop vac.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #16
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
If you order adam's products I think you can use the code "junkman" to get 10% off. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of your cart to enter the code.

I'm getting ready to place a rather large order with adams too. Do any of you have their small vacuum cleaner? I am looking for something that's not to heavy that will do a good job. I get tired of having to go to the car wash to vacuum out my cars.
I got the one from Homedepot that kinda looks like a toolbox, I love it!..You can also buy whats called the "Detail-Kit" as an accesory that comes with a longer more flexible hose and some other really helpful atachments..Very happy with it, also comes with a life-time warranty!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #17
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Detailed with Adam's products last night in the garage. This stuff is VERY easy to use.

And the Junkman code does get you 10% off. When you checkout just keep scrolling down and you'll find the coupon box. Type it in there.

Last edited by garcmol; 07-20-2011 at 10:30 AM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #18
trashauler

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS RS 2008 Trailblazer
:( I wish I would have known about the junkman discount before I placed my order!
trashauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #19
sav1

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
for the price and time of Zaino, i never did seem to find it worth it to me.
Zaino was like a religious ritual if not followed to the exact T it would be hell to pay.

I find Adams to have the same results as Zaino products but with half the hassel.
Lol thats funny.. but whats the hassel? the ZXF flashcure? You put 4 drops in a 2 once container and your done. I don't even use it, I just put the polish on my pad and use my orbital... I kind of want to try adams though, maybe next round of polish purchase.

"What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? A Little Recoil"
sav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #20
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I got this vacuum for christmas. Looks like it will do a good job and the best part it runs off the 12v power plug in the car. No more running extension cords from the house to the car....
Attached Images

Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #21
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashauler View Post
:( I wish I would have known about the junkman discount before I placed my order!
Call them and see if they'll give you they'll refund the difference. It can't hurt to try.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #22
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellojacket View Post
I got this vacuum for christmas. Looks like it will do a good job and the best part it runs off the 12v power plug in the car. No more running extension cords from the house to the car....
where'd you get that from???

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #23
trashauler

Quote:
Call them and see if they'll give you they'll refund the difference. It can't hurt to try.
I may give that a try. I will probably take the money saved and buy more product anyway. You can never have to much!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #24
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad2009 View Post
where'd you get that from???
I found one at amazon.com. Based on the reviews (here and on this amazon site), I bought one. It really is the only power cord vac for the car I have seen that would actually work for the car.

2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metalic & Cyber Grey Stripes

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #25
trashauler

Just sent Ashley at Adams an email on the junkman 10% discount. Let you know what she says.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #26
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Zaino was like a religious ritual if not followed to the exact T it would be hell to pay.
This is absoulutly not true. I've never used Zaino exactly the way it says.
It flat out rocks, use it how you want. I personally use Z5 only and then finish with Z6 and that is usually it. Flat out awesome. I see guys spending 300 to 400 dollars a whack, and people complain about Zaino. For that kind of money I would never run out. I don't care what anybody uses, but I do care when people won't use a product out of spite, or just think it is too involved.
You can get as involved as you want. It is up to you.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #27
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Adams Polishes - the Best!

Some people will pay $300 for their car to get detailed and look like this. I detailed this car in December, I just washed it yesterday and it still looks like it just got detailed! Invest in a Porter Cable DA polisher and Adam's products and you can get this look any time you have 1-2 hours to spare.

[IMG][/IMG]
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #28
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Original poster, let me tell you, Adam's products are great, just amazing. And have I mentioned, they smell great? His detail spray, I buy by the 5 gallon. It actually smells like bubblegum, but the effects of the stuff are great; it leaves the surface of your car with a smooth clean brilliant finish. I highly recommend it. Now, I don't know if you know how to properly wash you Camaro without actually adding swirl marks to your finish, but I recommend you to go watch junkmans videos on detailing your vehicle. If you do have swirl marks on your car, since it's new they should be relatively faint, which means they are removable. Swirl marks reduce the amount of light that reflects off of the surface of your cars, so you want to have a little as possible, or else that maro won't look as pretty.

Anyway, if your seriously into keeping you Camaro in showroom condition, I'd go ahead and buy Adams PC7424 detailing kit, its only for 289.00 not counting shipping. Great bundle. His swirl and haze remover, polish, and machine superwax will have you car looking :drool just, jaw dropping. The reflection you'd get from your car will be like that of a mirror. The car would look wet. By all means, indulge, go purchase Adams products, do it for your Camaro, as a gift.

Adams has GREAT customer service also, Adam himself will even give you his cell number if you have any questions,comments, or concerns. Now THAT, is amazing.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote