Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-09-2010, 04:27 AM   #15
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
this is a V6 thread... sorry...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #16
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
this is a V6 thread... sorry...
Minor details hehe.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHTAIL View Post
Go with the rally stripes, at least you won’t get fooled into thinking your getting extra HP when you're really not
........Funny but TRUE in the case of some mods.

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #18
tstpierre

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97one View Post
........Funny but TRUE in the case of some mods.

anything is an improvement over the stock trash cans GM used
Old 02-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #19
Sour DeeZ

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS RS M6
Well although getting more HP would be nice, i am looking for the best sounds out of the exhuats so, which exhaust you guys think? I have looked at all the videos of the exhaust on youtube, but it is kind of hard to tell of a video, out of all of the ones I heard I like the Corsa full the best.
Sour DeeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #20
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
You really need a good set of speakers or headphones to get a better sound. We each like our own sounds. I went with the flowmaster setup. I am very happy with it. My goal was for a good sound and a good price. My second choice would have been MRT version 2. People love the Corsa also. I the sound but think it's overpriced. In the end it's your choice. If cost is not an issue then go for what you like. If you want to save a few bucks look at some of the others.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #21
97one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour DeeZ View Post
Well although getting more HP would be nice, i am looking for the best sounds out of the exhuats so, which exhaust you guys think? I have looked at all the videos of the exhaust on youtube, but it is kind of hard to tell of a video, out of all of the ones I heard I like the Corsa full the best.
#1...Any LESS RESTRICTIVE exhaust will give you some HP gain.

#2.....How loud do you want it ?...

Mild (just a little louder then stock) ?
Between Mild & loud ?
Loud (aggerssive) ?
Very Loud (very aggressive) ?
Would you have a problem with some drone in the cabin ONLY @certain RPM,s (say @2K to 3K) ?

#3...Is PRICE a factor ?

Old 02-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #22
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
What about for someone like me who doesn't care one way or another about the sound? I'd just like more power and/or efficiency.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #23
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
What about for someone like me who doesn't care one way or another about the sound? I'd just like more power and/or efficiency.

Cutouts, lol.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #24
Sour DeeZ

Quote:
#1...Any LESS RESTRICTIVE exhaust will give you some HP gain.

#2.....How loud do you want it ?...

Mild (just a little louder then stock) ?
Between Mild & loud ?
Loud (aggerssive) ?
Very Loud (very aggressive) ?
Would you have a problem with some drone in the cabin ONLY @certain RPM,s (say @2K to 3K) ?

#3...Is PRICE a factor ?

I would like to have an angressive sound, yes price is a factor, and when you say less restrictive what do you mean?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #25
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
I would like to have an angressive sound, yes price is a factor, and when you say less restrictive what do you mean?
Less restrictive = the difference between breathing through your nose or breathing through a little coffee-stirring straw. The easier it is to blow hot air through an exhaust, the less engine power you're wasting to do it.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #26
97one

Quote:
By less restrictive I mean straight thru mufflers. Just about any aftermarket exhaust with a fairly aggressive sound WILL be less restrictive.
It is Very hard to tell what to buy with all the clips, But they sure do help......
As you said price is a factor, So I would say get an Axle-back, not an cat-back.

All I can do is tell you about what I have.... MRT ver.1.0 axle-back
I think it has a great sound....To me and others also have said it's kind of an exotic sound, something like a Ferrari........
It is LOUD , but NOT when cruising @ any speeds up to app. 70+mph.(which is UNDER 2k RPM) Then it is not much louder than stock.
When you get on the gas it gets LOUD......It sounds GREAT from 3k to 7k RPM's...or from a heavy take off.
It does have drone from app. 2k to 3k
The price is right. I paid $454. w/ shipping.

Another choice might be the SLP Loudmouth II...for app. $100. more
Or the MRT ver 2.0 it has a little less aggressive sound for App. $100. more also.
Hope this helps.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #27
Sour DeeZ

Quote:
By less restrictive I mean straight thru mufflers. Just about any aftermarket exhaust with a fairly aggressive sound WILL be less restrictive.
It is Very hard to tell what to buy with all the clips, But they sure do help......
As you said price is a factor, So I would say get an Axle-back, not an cat-back.

All I can do is tell you about what I have.... MRT ver.1.0 axle-back
I think it has a great sound....To me and others also have said it's kind of an exotic sound, something like a Ferrari........
It is LOUD , but NOT when cruising @ any speeds up to app. 70+mph.(which is UNDER 2k RPM) Then it is not much louder than stock.
When you get on the gas it gets LOUD......It sounds GREAT from 3k to 7k RPM's...or from a heavy take off.
It does have drone from app. 2k to 3k
The price is right. I paid $454. w/ shipping.

Another choice might be the SLP Loudmouth II...for app. $100. more
Or the MRT ver 2.0 it has a little less aggressive sound for App. $100. more also.
Hope this helps.

Well that MRT ver 1.0 sounds nice, what is the difference between that and the 2.0,why would it be more expensive for less agressive sound? and whats the difference between cat-black and axle-black, and the Loudmouth means its louder or what? I probly sound like a new guy, I am just not very good on exhuast, but anything else I'm pretty good.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #28
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Well that MRT ver 1.0 sounds nice, what is the difference between that and the 2.0,why would it be more expensive for less agressive sound? and whats the difference between cat-black and axle-black, and the Loudmouth means its louder or what? I probly sound like a new guy, I am just not very good on exhuast, but anything else I'm pretty good.
Difference between MRT ver. 1.0 and 2.0 is the different resonators used... 1.0 has a smaller, light weight resonator while 2.0 uses a much larger and heavier resonator.

1.0:

2.0:

The resonator in ver 2.0 is simply a more expensive resonator... larger, more material, etc. so that is way 2.0 costs more...

And axle back system is just that ... from the rear axle backwards... To install an axle back system you will need to cut the existing exhaust pipes...

A cat back is a system that start from right behind the cats and goes back. On a cat back system you unbolt the exhaust and slide in the new system with no cutting... however because you are replace a lot more of your exhaust system cat-back systems are more expensive... there is a possibility of getting more performance out of a cat back but don't know if any one has any really good hard numbers for that.... you really do an exhaust system for looks and sound... there are some performance gains from changing the exhaust but they really are huge gains and for me were only a small factor....

"Loudmouth" is simply SLP's brand name for the exhaust....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote