Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post
PQ you can't reproduce my picture without my consent like that! Where's my royalties?

I'll buy you a beer in April at the fest. If you're not there, I'll donate it. lol
Old 02-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #16
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru imperial blu View Post
Whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru imperial blu View Post
my mind is blown
I'm confused... maybe it DID work, but they need to finish something on the island first before they can go back to the other reality?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #17
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
I don't know if we have two universes now or what. And I'm really begining to think this is an epic struggle between God and the Devil. I fear that not all our questions will ever be answered.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #18
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
I don't know if we have two universes now or what. And I'm really begining to think this is an epic struggle between God and the Devil. I fear that not all our questions will ever be answered.
well at least we got one big question answered: we now know what the smoke monster is... kind of.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #19
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Wow, two seperate time lines. Looks like nothing good is coming of them landing in LA!

Meanwhile, back on the island...more confusion...why not bring Juliet to the temple too?? I mean come on Jacob? Sayid is a killer and Juliet saves lives, but you need him alive? Locke is Evil's loophole, so Sayid is yours? He choses a good guy so you chose a bad guy (likeable bad guy but still a stone cold killer!)

Still, it was very good and this season is going to be satisfying to watch.

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #20
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Thought I'd share with you guys a theory my son has come up with:
"As far as the different time lines after last night I could write a paper on that. Here goes. Physicists as part of trying to explain “string theory” have put forward a “many worlds hypothesis.” Basically each choice creates a new world. So in theory there is a world where I am in the Air Force. So the bomb in this cased worked, creating a world where the island is blown up and none of the events past that point happened and any that did happen, such as them getting on the plane, could have still happened but with different small parts like Hurly being happy about being lucky. This is backed up by Juliet mentioning to Miles after her death that “It worked.” So that is the world that the bomb worked, and those people never had to deal with the island. But because we aren’t talking about time travel here we are talking about different worlds the group (jack et al.) are still an existing real group in a real world. So they for whatever reason are moved back/ forward in time to the correct time for them. That fits with the “this is your present” theme from the last few episodes of last season. They made a change but they didn’t make one for them, they made one for some other group that would eventually live out similar events but with a MAJOR difference. But for them they still have to live in their “present.” Problem with this construct is it doesn’t explain the time travel back into the present but there are other things going on besides time travel so all theories may not need to fit together."
Old 02-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #21
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Wow, two seperate time lines. Looks like nothing good is coming of them landing in LA!

Meanwhile, back on the island...more confusion...why not bring Juliet to the temple too?? I mean come on Jacob? Sayid is a killer and Juliet saves lives, but you need him alive? Locke is Evil's loophole, so Sayid is yours? He choses a good guy so you chose a bad guy (likeable bad guy but still a stone cold killer!)

Still, it was very good and this season is going to be satisfying to watch.
I think Ben was actually the loop whole for 'Evil' guy (or as I like to call him now, Anti-Jacob). He just used Locke's image to manipulate Ben into doing what he needed him to do. And I think Jacob knew that Ben would kill him, and let it happen. Like Ben said 'why didnt he fight back?'

I believe Sayid is going to end up killing the Anti-Jacob. Juliet died before they could get her to the temple, where as Sayid died IN the temple.

Also, this will be the first season I have watched in 'real time' All the others I bought on DVD/Blu-ray. The wait between episodes is gonna suck!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #22
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Thought I'd share with you guys a theory my son has come up with:
"As far as the different time lines after last night I could write a paper on that. Here goes. Physicists as part of trying to explain “string theory” have put forward a “many worlds hypothesis.” Basically each choice creates a new world. So in theory there is a world where I am in the Air Force. So the bomb in this cased worked, creating a world where the island is blown up and none of the events past that point happened and any that did happen, such as them getting on the plane, could have still happened but with different small parts like Hurly being happy about being lucky. This is backed up by Juliet mentioning to Miles after her death that “It worked.” So that is the world that the bomb worked, and those people never had to deal with the island. But because we aren’t talking about time travel here we are talking about different worlds the group (jack et al.) are still an existing real group in a real world. So they for whatever reason are moved back/ forward in time to the correct time for them. That fits with the “this is your present” theme from the last few episodes of last season. They made a change but they didn’t make one for them, they made one for some other group that would eventually live out similar events but with a MAJOR difference. But for them they still have to live in their “present.” Problem with this construct is it doesn’t explain the time travel back into the present but there are other things going on besides time travel so all theories may not need to fit together."
That is a good theory. Seeing how Lost has been really smart on their use of time travel (cant change the past, whatever happened happened), I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case now.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #23
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
The previews for this week didn't really hype me up...nonetheless...totally looking forward to next week's episode!!! This time it's the back story on Jack...hopefully they reveal something...
Old 02-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #24
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
So I'm beginning to wonder if the island gets destroyed at the end of it all...and the flash-sideways that we are seeing is what happens after it is all "reset"... and I don't remember Jack having a son?

And who is coming to the island...Aaron?

I like how the numbers have been explained too!

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:32 PM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
So I'm beginning to wonder if the island gets destroyed at the end of it all...and the flash-sideways that we are seeing is what happens after it is all "reset"... and I don't remember Jack having a son?

Man I have some catching up to do this weekend... Got up-to-date on 24 last weekend. Now time for Lost...
Old 02-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #26
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
im going to stop reading now... this thread should have a spoiler warning on it
AdnanHfuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #27
Brokinarrow

Quote:

My guess with the whole Jack having a son thing: Since Jacob wasn't around to give Jack the little 'push' that he needed, his decisions were different and he ended up staying with Sarah longer (had a son), but ultimately they still ended up divorcing. Intriguing to see how much pull the island has had on them...