Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #15
ThePriest

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaroKid View Post
damn that box is huge!!
i'm all about proper airspace, port area, and tuning... People who compromise on the box are willing to sacrifice on the sound. which i am not. The box is actually made out of 1/2" MDF instead of 3/4" (except the baffle, 1 1/2") to keep the weight down.
ThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #16
SSCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black On Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePriest View Post
i'm all about proper airspace, port area, and tuning... People who compromise on the box are willing to sacrifice on the sound. which i am not. The box is actually made out of 1/2" MDF instead of 3/4" (except the baffle, 1 1/2") to keep the weight down.
yeah but you could waited and got a lil bit getter set up design but if its what you like its what you like
SSCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #17
ThePriest

Quote:
yeah but you could waited and got a lil bit getter set up design but if its what you like its what you like
Im sorry, what?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #18
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
I am looking for a similar install. That is some pricey items...but my install will be different
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #19
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
i put down a velcro strip on the bottom of the box, and the hook side on painters tape on top of the factory carpet.. Thing aint goin anywhere.
sorry i dont understand? do you have any pictures as i want to do something like this
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #20
SSCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black On Black
Quote:
Im sorry, what?
you could have waited and saved some money and get a better install set up then just a big ass box Velcroed to the carpet but its all about what u wanna do
SSCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #21
ThePriest

Quote:
you could have waited and saved some money and get a better install set up then just a big ass box Velcroed to the carpet but its all about what u wanna do

this is why people like YOU are stupid and know nothing about car audio.

www.caraudioforum.com

Basic, MDF 90 degree angle boxes are the easiest to tune, tweak, brace, and install. I am an audiophile. I have two other cars with thousands of dollars put into fiberglass installs and the best comps/amps/subs you can get. Guess what? The camaro sounds just as good.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1321667

The problem with most ignorant forum posters is that they cant hear the sound coming from the speakers. All you see is a gray ported box thats huge and unsightly. GTFO.

Last edited by ThePriest; 03-18-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #22
ThePriest

Quote:
Im sorry, what?
bottom line.. i'm willing to bet you know little to nothing about car audio, or physics.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #23
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
Quote:
this is why people like YOU are stupid and know nothing about car audio.

www.caraudioforum.com

Basic, MDF 90 degree angle boxes are the easiest to tune, tweak, brace, and install. I am an audiophile. I have two other cars with thousands of dollars put into fiberglass installs and the best comps/amps/subs you can get. Guess what? The camaro sounds just as good.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1321667

The problem with most ignorant forum posters is that they cant hear the sound coming from the speakers. All you see is a gray ported box thats huge and unsightly. GTFO.
You're not an audiophile your a Knuckle dragging basshead!!!!! Allthose speakers in that Rover would not get you anywhere close to a true audiophile sound.

Muchless the ported enclosure that takes up the majority of your entire trunk and a mediocre (at best amp).

Followed up by another picture of what I am assuming is supposed to be another one of your "kicka$$" system with ok subs and those same mediocre amps that even you claim have a horrible s/n ratio (which I am guessing you cannot hear the difference)

If you truly have a vehicle with what would be considered some of the best gear in the industry.. and really knew what you were talking about... you would never have claimed that your camaro sounded just as good! that statement alone tells us you really have no clue about what being an audiophile is!

Posting a link to another forum, shows us nothing other than your copy and paste skills. You did not link to anything pertinant to your post.

Being an audiophile you would not have put that monstrostity of an enclosure in your vehicle one and two you would know that that huge ported enclosure would do nothing more than drown out the factory system (you apparently still have as you do not show or mention anything else being upgraded.) (sorry I missed the part about installing the Focal K2's, but still running on the factory amp I am guessing?..... same result)

In any of your "AUDIOPHILE" systems you do not mention or show us the processor used to tune these phenominal systems... or have you figured out a way to "magically" tune without the need for Equalization or time delay.

Being a 25 yr veteran of car audio and Sound Q competitions, I do not really see it as a big gray ported box that is huge and unsightly, if you like lots of bass and SPL. I will say that is not the first correct step to an "audiophile" system. and mounting it with velco and tape is definaltely not a proper install.

Quote:
bottom line.. i'm willing to bet you know little to nothing about car audio, or physics.
You bag on these guys because they comment on the pictures YOU posted up (therefore opening your system and work up to criticism) and yes a good majority of the people on this forum may not know much about car audio (or physics <which I am little confused about how that applies to this particular thread>), but your ignorance about what a TRUE audiophile system is and your willingness to belittle others because of it makes you the true a$$.

Be willing to share, learn and accept reasonable comments and criticism, this will get you much further than jumping down everyone's throat that does not agree with your choices. If you do not like the critiquing then simply do not post pictures.

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #24
ThePriest

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAS View Post
You're not an audiophile your a Knuckle dragging basshead!!!!! Allthose speakers in that Rover would not get you anywhere close to a true audiophile sound.

Muchless the ported enclosure that takes up the majority of your entire trunk and a mediocre (at best amp).

Followed up by another picture of what I am assuming is supposed to be another one of your "kicka$$" system with ok subs and those same mediocre amps that even you claim have a horrible s/n ratio (which I am guessing you cannot hear the difference)

If you truly have a vehicle with what would be considered some of the best gear in the industry.. and really knew what you were talking about... you would never have claimed that your camaro sounded just as good! that statement alone tells us you really have no clue about what being an audiophile is!

Posting a link to another forum, shows us nothing other than your copy and paste skills. You did not link to anything pertinant to your post.

Being an audiophile you would not have put that monstrostity of an enclosure in your vehicle one and two you would know that that huge ported enclosure would do nothing more than drown out the factory system (you apparently still have as you do not show or mention anything else being upgraded.) (sorry I missed the part about installing the Focal K2's, but still running on the factory amp I am guessing?..... same result)

In any of your "AUDIOPHILE" systems you do not mention or show us the processor used to tune these phenominal systems... or have you figured out a way to "magically" tune without the need for Equalization or time delay.

Being a 25 yr veteran of car audio and Sound Q competitions, I do not really see it as a big gray ported box that is huge and unsightly, if you like lots of bass and SPL. I will say that is not the first correct step to an "audiophile" system. and mounting it with velco and tape is definaltely not a proper install.

You bag on these guys because they comment on the pictures YOU posted up (therefore opening your system and work up to criticism) and yes a good majority of the people on this forum may not know much about car audio (or physics <which I am little confused about how that applies to this particular thread>), but your ignorance about what a TRUE audiophile system is and your willingness to belittle others because of it makes you the true a$$.

Be willing to share, learn and accept reasonable comments and criticism, this will get you much further than jumping down everyone's throat that does not agree with your choices. If you do not like the critiquing then simply do not post pictures.

just because i dont have any other pictures up on photobucket you assume i havent ever installed a true SQ system in any of my vehicles? Those rover pic are from 2004... I have grown up a lot since the basshead phase.

I know how to set up a pretty decent soundstage, and just cause i like loud bass doesnt mean i cant put together a competition worthy system.

And rag on hifonics all you want they are a great bang for the buck amp...

btw in my new rover i have Audison amps, CDT's, and old school IDQ's. gtfo.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #25
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Wow.. Im a JL fan, but Id do One W7 12" with a 1001/1 JL amp. It would still be massive overkill for the BA system keeping the same amps on the new speakers. I'd need a 15 band eq, seperate amp for the focals and a prayer to get this thing to lay out right..

Best of luck bro, better buy a flat of dynamat.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #26
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
Quote:
just because i dont have any other pictures up on photobucket you assume i havent ever installed a true SQ system in any of my vehicles? Those rover pic are from 2004... I have grown up a lot since the basshead phase.

I know how to set up a pretty decent soundstage, and just cause i like loud bass doesnt mean i cant put together a competition worthy system.

And rag on hifonics all you want they are a great bang for the buck amp...

btw in my new rover i have Audison amps, CDT's, and old school IDQ's. gtfo.
Why would you post a link to pictures of a vehcle that was NOT an audiophile quality system (if you knew it) rigth below a statement about how much of an audiophile you are????

I never said that because you like loud bass you were not capable of setting up a SQ system.. I said that by the satements you made in your previous post and the pictures you are using to support your statements you were not capable of doing so.

yes, hifonics is decent bang for the buck... but it will NOT make your camaro sound as good as a car (you claim to have) that has some of the best gear in the industry. and a true audiophile would have never made that statement. if you have a system you built on a budget that is cool.... I know a LOT of competitors that have a inexpensive systems in other vehicles, but don't try to blow sunshine and say it sounds as good.

as far your "new Rover".... Pics or it didn't Happen!

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #27
ThePriest

i was posting that picture as a response to the knocking of the install quality.

whatever dude. you win. i know nothing.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #28
ThePriest

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAS View Post
Why would you post a link to pictures of a vehcle that was NOT an audiophile quality system (if you knew it) rigth below a statement about how much of an audiophile you are????

I never said that because you like loud bass you were not capable of setting up a SQ system.. I said that by the satements you made in your previous post and the pictures you are using to support your statements you were not capable of doing so.

yes, hifonics is decent bang for the buck... but it will NOT make your camaro sound as good as a car (you claim to have) that has some of the best gear in the industry. and a true audiophile would have never made that statement. if you have a system you built on a budget that is cool.... I know a LOT of competitors that have a inexpensive systems in other vehicles, but don't try to blow sunshine and say it sounds as good.

as far your "new Rover".... Pics or it didn't Happen!

pics by april 2 when i pick it up.