Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #113
Devilish SS
~Heaven Sent & Hell Bent~

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, 1968 Chevelle
Ah...I see.
Ok fair enough I suppose.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #114
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
OK, say they found some scrathces on the main bearings, first thing they could do is say the CAI allowed dirt to get in, blame that for the failure, and deny any claim. How they would go about 'proving' the CAI caused the problem is beyond me...
How would a CAI let dirt get to the Main berings? It cones in the intake, through the manifold through the intake valve and out the exhoust valve, the dirt would have to get by the piston rings first.. better case for dirt getting through the CAI is either MAP or MAF sensor failure, or even excessive oil consumption from dirt getting into the cylinders and scratching the walls of the cylinder... one way to prove if the CAI was the culprit would be dirt collected on the MAF sensor wires... but then you would most likely get a failure in that sensor before you get engine damage...
Old 03-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #115
Mike@DS

Drives: 99 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
How would a CAI let dirt get to the Main berings? It cones in the intake, through the manifold through the intake valve and out the exhoust valve, the dirt would have to get by the piston rings first.. better case for dirt getting through the CAI is either MAP or MAF sensor failure, or even excessive oil consumption from dirt getting into the cylinders and scratching the walls of the cylinder... one way to prove if the CAI was the culprit would be dirt collected on the MAF sensor wires... but then you would most likely get a failure in that sensor before you get engine damage...
? Was a theoretical statement entirely....

BUT, MAP and MAF all lead to the intake, just like a CAI, not sure how you could say one could cause that problem and not the other?

FWIW, I have seen/heard of crazier things from dealerships....
Old 03-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #116
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
? Was a theoretical statement entirely....

BUT, MAP and MAF all lead to the intake, just like a CAI, not sure how you could say one could cause that problem and not the other?

FWIW, I have seen/heard of crazier things from dealerships....
Just trying to point out your scenario is highly unlikely because something closer to the CAI would most likely be failing sooner... And that could be traced fairly easily to the CAI letting dirt through.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #117
Screaminz2002

Drives: 2018 Zl1
Quote:
Opening the box and plugging the tool into a vehicle means you have accepted our end user license agreement, which limits us from any liability if there is any problems on the vehicle, as a result of the tune or otherwise; so; this is not a concern to us in any way, shape or form.
This pretty much sums it up. Buy my product! I promise GM will not be able to tell! I will not take responsibility for it but I promise you will have no worries..
Old 03-31-2010, 01:16 PM   #118
Mike@DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminz2002 View Post
This pretty much sums it up. Buy my product! I promise GM will not be able to tell! I will not take responsibility for it but I promise you will have no worries..
again, the proof is out there man.

Check ALL of the major Chevy based forums, and see if ANYONE has ever had a warranty issue because of a Diablo tuner. (It WOULD make it to the forums if it had happened, I promise you). You will not find it. That goes for any E38 application we support in the U7194, from trucks to G8 to camaro to Vettes, all the same box. Never has there been an issue. Its funny to me how nobody can understand the position I am in and what I can and cannot say, but I will just leave it again with, we REALLY, really, know what we are doing.

Best part is, the only place we have seen the CVN check actually used is on the new Duramax trucks, and guess what, our product has NEVER been detectable there either. I have seen a competitors handheld fail the CVN check several times. Take my word for it or don't, its your warranty.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #119
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Quote:
again, the proof is out there man.

Check ALL of the major Chevy based forums, and see if ANYONE has ever had a warranty issue because of a Diablo tuner. (It WOULD make it to the forums if it had happened, I promise you). You will not find it. That goes for any E38 application we support in the U7194, from trucks to G8 to camaro to Vettes, all the same box. Never has there been an issue. Its funny to me how nobody can understand the position I am in and what I can and cannot say, but I will just leave it again with, we REALLY, really, know what we are doing.

Best part is, the only place we have seen the CVN check actually used is on the new Duramax trucks, and guess what, our product has NEVER been detectable there either. I have seen a competitors handheld fail the CVN check several times. Take my word for it or don't, its your warranty.

Thanks.
So how is your product different than HP Tuners? Ive been using HPT since 2006, and I have no idea if the dealer can tell if its been flashed at all. I had a friend that works for the GM engineering department give me some insight, so I know a piece of the puzzle, but not all. But back to my org. question, what makes the diablo so different then HPT? Im talking such as CVN's and such.

Not trying to bash, just trying to get some info!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #120
Mike@DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X View Post
So how is your product different than HP Tuners? Ive been using HPT since 2006, and I have no idea if the dealer can tell if its been flashed at all. I had a friend that works for the GM engineering department give me some insight, so I know a piece of the puzzle, but not all. But back to my org. question, what makes the diablo so different then HPT? Im talking such as CVN's and such.

Not trying to bash, just trying to get some info!
Alot makes us different.

HPt has declared they will not develop a work around for the CVN check (last I saw), but we have...thats about all I can say about that.

Last edited by Mike@DS; 03-31-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #121
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Alot makes us different.

HPt has declared they will not develop a work around for the CVN check (last I saw), but we have...thats about all I can say about that.
Can we see your written guarantee posted here on camaro5 stating you will cover and/or pay for any warranty work denied by GM because of your tune ?.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #122
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Can we see your written guarantee posted here on camaro5 stating you will cover and/or pay for any warranty work denied by GM because of your tune ?.
^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 04-01-2010, 07:41 AM   #123
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Come on man!! Any company that makes any tuner isnt going to blindly take on that kind of liability. The dealers could say it was the tuner just so they dont have to pay for the repair, if it wont be covered by GM.

Why is it that people find it so hard to believe that these programmers are not smart enough to decode the software that is on these cars? That is what they do. It is a constant battle between the writers and the hackers. This isnt something just car tuners do. Programmer (hackers) decode the software and rewrite it so it works in their application. So do I believe some tuners can make it undetectable? Sure I do. IMO what it boils down to is whether you as an individual are willing to commit fraud when you take your car in for work. FRAUD???? Yes fraud. ...Bottom line is if you didnt think you were doing something wrong then there would be no need to change back to stock mode when taking your car in for work.

People, it is just code. GM writes it. Aftermarket guys decode it and rewrite it. The truth of the matter is if GM didnt want aftermarket guys to work with it, they could take stronger methods to secure it. Though I still believe the aftermarket guys would still eventually break the security. GM isnt making it very difficult for these guys.

Enjoy your tuners and know the risk. Like I read on here a lot "YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY" .
Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #124
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
+1 Well said! (wrote)
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Old 04-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #125
Mike@DS

Quote:
Ummm....No?

How in the world did you read that post and come to that conclusion?

All I am telling you is the flash is not detectable. If it is that big of a deal to some of you, you should not be modding your cars, ever, period. (maybe should have started with a nice Honda Accord or something, lol.)

Do you guys beat up the cat back manufacturers about warranty concerns like this tool? What about the CAI guys?
I bet you guys are also shopping for stroker motors with warranties, LOL.
Geez.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #126
Deric884

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Warranties are overrated. Dropped mine for modding a month after I got the car and I haven't looked back. I was worried about it at first, but this car is just so much fun to mod and responds so great to them that its just not a concern anymore.
Cold Air Inductions CAI
Kooks 1 7/8 headers w/high flow cats
SLP Skip Shift eliminator
Dyno Tune
Richmond 4.10 Gears (waiting to do install)
Exterior and Interior Customization

Closed Thread