Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #43
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #44
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonius View Post
...and already damaged. I realize these threads are probably a dime a dozen, but I just needed to vent. Today I get off work early. Super happy, walking to my car in the now light rain I notice something on top of my car. As I get closer I see that the sunroof has been in the "up" state all day, during a T-storm! Thankfully there wasn't a ton of water inside the car, but the headliner in the back and on the sunroof cover were soaked! On my way home to dry out the headliner I decide to stop by the bank. The driveway into the bank is fairly steep, so I slowly, at an angle, ease my way up the hill. As soon as I start to pull out of the dip I hear a slight scraping sound :(. After finishing up at the bank I head home and get my blowdryer and towel out to dry off the headliner and seats. I thought it might be easier to dry the top of the sunroof cover off from the roof, so I put a stepladder beside the passenger side door. Before I can step on I bump the ladder which falls into the door and rear quarter panel . Frustrated, I decide to back away and look at all the damage, including what happened at the bank. The bottom of the front bumper on the driver-side has a nice big scuff, and the passenger side door as a few light scratches and some contact paint on the rear quarter panel. I knew things like this would eventually happen, but I was hoping it would at least wait awhile! I realize the scuffs on the bumper will probably be the hardest to fix and may not be worth fixing since they aren't that noticeable. I'm hoping the scratches and contact paint can be buffed out tomorrow when my dealer details it (they owe me a detail and a fill-up from when I bought the car Monday night). Anyway, I decided it probably wasn't in my best interest to drive anymore tonight! My clumsiness has caused me enough grief for one day.
Dude, be careful! You caused all this damage yourself!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #45
Wayner2k2

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttime Camaro owner View Post
Bad things happen in groups of 3. You're done!
Agree, I've had my three, and now, knock on wood, I'm golden.
Wayner2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #46
Jophiel

Drives: None
That first post was really hard to read x__x
Anyways, that really sucks, but all of the damage was self-inflicted so... :(
Jophiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #47
Astonius

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 Black
Thanks for sharing my grief. Much better day today. No scrapes, much more careful. The dealer detailed it, but they did a horrible job. The real detailing shop was closed, so they did it in their garage and weren't able to get to the buffers. If I go back during the week they said they could probably buff out the passenger side damage for free.
Astonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #48
Synergy_synner

Drives: Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Bob
At least your luck wasnt this bad. Sorry to hear about your misfortune man.

Synergy_synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:51 AM   #49
Sully

Drives: Orange 2SS/RS LS3
for some reason i left it in gear last night and this morning i just wanted to start it so i didnt get in all the way... pushed the clutch, turned the key, and jumped 2 feet into a tool box. scratches THANK GOD came out so only noticable damage is 2 dime size (maybe smaller) chips on the very bottom point of the front bumper. i wish i would have gotten my reaction on camera
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #50
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I actually stopped reading for a second to check the date of the 1st post....

....nope....not April 1st....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #51
Astonius

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 Black
Quick update: Took it to the dealer for a detailing. They took it back to their collision shop to get an estimate on fixing the passenger side damage. Apparently it wasn't too bad because they covered it for free! They did a fantastic job. I can live with the bumper scuffs (probably won't be the first time it happens).
Astonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #52
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
I think we all have had days like this. So sorry! :( If if makes you feel any better, we scraped the underside already and chipped the pain on the door where it flew open into the wall at the carwash. The pain has eased since these two unfortunate things happened. We'll get it fixed later. for right now, it's not noticeable to anyone but me.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote