Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 04-30-2010, 03:17 AM   #253
jthibodaux

Drives: Black, Manual V8
Lets post some Pics of our awesome ABQ/RR/LL Camaros

All taken with my trusty Motorola Cliq XT. I am working with a friend of mine who is an amatuer photographer for some better pictures!

Joe.
jthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:35 AM   #254
jruss1078
JRuss

Drives: 2010 1SS/ RS IOM Camaro
Joe do you live on the westside? I've seen a ride just like yours off paradise a few times in the last week and at the gym yesterday at 4.

If you guys see me around wave. -jamey

jruss1078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #255
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruss1078 View Post
Joe do you live on the westside? I've seen a ride just like yours off paradise a few times in the last week and at the gym yesterday at 4.

If you guys see me around wave. -jamey

AH!!! Awesome.

Dig it!!

I saw you guys at the Car wash last week....I think that I've talked to your wife about the meet and greet maybe.

Hope to see you gus there this weekend!!
-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #256
jthibodaux

I live in Rio - but drive through westside often to work. Ive also been driving all over the place in the last 8 days since reciving the vehicle.. what can I say, driving is great fun!

Joe
Old 04-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #257
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Nice stripes Joe! Dig it. Sticker or painted??

You gonna make it out Sunday??

BTW-What an awful day out today!! Blah!

Thanks again guys!,
Ivan
Old 05-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #258
jthibodaux

My assumption is that the factory is a sticker, at least that the feel of them. I will be making some adjustments to the vehicle as soon as my wife's shock of the new car wears off. =) I will be honest too, this will be my first high performance vehicle so when it comes right down to it.. I have a TON of questions about exhaust upgrades, reasoning behind why people choose certain products over others.

So with that being said, why Doug Thorley products over someone like Borla/Corsa/Kooks, ect? Oh and be geeky about it, the more information I have to research the better. =)
Old 05-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #259
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
I'm pretty sure I'll be there on Sunday (throwing a party Saturday night....) I installed foot well lighting and cup holder lighting excited for you guys to see it.

Last edited by bigsquirrel; 05-01-2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Grammar
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:41 AM   #260
jruss1078
JRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
I'm pretty sure I'll be there on Sunday (throwing a party Saturday night....) O installed foot well lighting and cup holder lighting excited for you guys to see it.
Where did you get the foot well lighting from? I've got some AAC orange foot well lights in my garage and I'm not 100% sure power source to tie the lights into. AAC's diagrams is not that detailed for a layman. Any help would be appreciated. They're in the garage with my orange Halos.....didn't have any luck with those either. Had the whole front end off last week and I couldn't open up the head lights for the life of me. I did manage to change out the lights for my lisense plate to the LED ones. Tough job that was
Old 05-01-2010, 06:20 AM   #261
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
Looks and Sounds like we are going to have a great turn out!!!!! Hope the weather holds out until later in the day!!!! See you guys and Gals tomorrow!
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #262
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Where did you get the foot well lighting from? I've got some AAC orange foot well lights in my garage and I'm not 100% sure power source to tie the lights into. AAC's diagrams is not that detailed for a layman. Any help would be appreciated. They're in the garage with my orange Halos.....didn't have any luck with those either. Had the whole front end off last week and I couldn't open up the head lights for the life of me. I did manage to change out the lights for my lisense plate to the LED ones. Tough job that was
Them headlight halos have to to be cut with a bandsaw or heated in an oven to loosen the glue.

Have you seen this yet:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=DIY+halo

Woo!

One day for me....after the go faster stuff. Really nice stuff they got.

See you all there!
Ivan
Old 05-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #263
rharp

Drives: 2010 SVT Raptor/ 70 Chevelle SS 396
Meeting with my machine repair guy today, turns out he's got a black 2010 2SS, so gonna talk to him about showin up tomorrow. Hope he can make it he's a cool dude. As soon as I'm done at the shop gonna come home and wash all the dust off of her. Catch every one in the morning!!!!
rharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #264
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Check out this thread, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54183 I ordered LED pads from Oznium. long story short if you hang upside down and look above the accelerator you'll see a row of different colored connectors. It's the light grey connector position the wire in position 1, which is also light grey.
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #265
jruss1078
JRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
Them headlight halos have to to be cut with a bandsaw or heated in an oven to loosen the glue.

Have you seen this yet:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=DIY+halo

Woo!

One day for me....after the go faster stuff. Really nice stuff they got.

See you all there!
Ivan

I didn't see that particular thread on the install but I looked at another plus AAC's video. Trust me the things were in the oven numerous times and they aren't as easy as they look. In one thread the guy had the temp up to 270. Which is 50 degrees higher than the instructions. I chickened out at 240. One head light had a crap load of adhesive while the other wasn't bad. So, I tried the one with all the adhesive 1st and couldn't get it open. I made the mistake of reading the instructions which say "with headlights removed do this...." Forgot all about getting them out. Which involved pulling off the front bumper among other things.

The customer service is really good and the product looks really nice. AAC does do installs via mail in but it's 175(+shipping) and its a 2-3 day turn around. Not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on that. I wish there was a shop in town that did this sort of stuff. Probably is if anyone knows let me know.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #266
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Quote:
I didn't see that particular thread on the install but I looked at another plus AAC's video. Trust me the things were in the oven numerous times and they aren't as easy as they look. In one thread the guy had the temp up to 270. Which is 50 degrees higher than the instructions. I chickened out at 240. One head light had a crap load of adhesive while the other wasn't bad. So, I tried the one with all the adhesive 1st and couldn't get it open. I made the mistake of reading the instructions which say "with headlights removed do this...." Forgot all about getting them out. Which involved pulling off the front bumper among other things.

The customer service is really good and the product looks really nice. AAC does do installs via mail in but it's 175(+shipping) and its a 2-3 day turn around. Not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger on that. I wish there was a shop in town that did this sort of stuff. Probably is if anyone knows let me know.
I feel your pain! I did mine and it took me a day for each one in and out of the oven even with the temp up. Had to work them a little at a time and then finally open. All the edges look like crap but they are all hidden so the end result looks great, you will see tomorrow. The band saw part is only for the fog lights, Don't cut them!!
Lookin forward to Sunday!!