Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
Jacksonville2SS
2G1FK1EJ2A9197734

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2ss/rs
So Looks Like No Mods 4 Me

Just got back from my dealership to see what I could mods I could put, while still retaining full warranty..... Well yeah, didn't go to good at all. All I wanted to do was put an aftermarket CAI and a cat back exhaust. They said they would install it. Well, they tried to sell me the GM aftermarket cai and exhaust, and it still wouldnt be under warranty. I might go look for another dealership, because this service department is clueless.
Jacksonville2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34121
Old 05-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonville2SS View Post
Just got back from my dealership to see what I could mods I could put, while still retaining full warranty..... Well yeah, didn't go to good at all. All I wanted to do was put an aftermarket CAI and a cat back exhaust. They said they would install it. Well, they tried to sell me the GM aftermarket cai and exhaust, and it still wouldnt be under warranty. I might go look for another dealership, because this service department is clueless.

I've had my dealership install all my mods (cat-back exhaust, CAI, shorty headers, V8 Brembos) and I specifically talked to them about warranty issues before installation and was assured these would not affect my warranty. In fact, they know a big reason that I am willing to pay more for them to do the install is to preserve the warranty and not have installation failures.

It might help to also deal with the Service Department manager. I don't deal with anyone else there. Good luck.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post

I've had my dealership install all my mods (cat-back exhaust, CAI, shorty headers, V8 Brembos) and I specifically talked to them about warranty issues before installation and was assured these would not affect my warranty. In fact, they know a big reason that I am willing to pay more for them to do the install is to preserve the warranty and not have installation failures.

It might help to also deal with the Service Department manager. I don't deal with anyone else there. Good luck.
may i ask how much it cost for the brembo upgrade? including install?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
Jacksonville2SS
2G1FK1EJ2A9197734

Yes, that's what I want to do. I want to order them online and have it shipped to my house, then bring it to the dealership. They will install it they said, but won't cover the exhaust warranty and whatever the Intake would affect (forgot). The only reason why I wanted them to install the 2 mods was to ensure that my warranty would still be good. BTW, that was the service department, not the manage. I will see what the manager says.

Quote:

Old 05-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
well retaining "FULL" warranty is the problem.. that can't happen.

But you can retain all of it except the catback exhuast (as it is no longer on the car) and the stock intake system..

I've heard of some dealerships not covering O2 sensors and MAF sensors because you changed to rate of air in and out of the engine.. but who knows.

But CAI and Catback shouldn't effect powertrain or bumper to bumper (except the exact parts your replaced anyway.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Abygale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I traded my Pirellis for them with another member here, but at lunch I will check to see if I have the paperwork for the install in my car. I had them do some other stuff while the car was in there but I'll see if the labor is itemized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonville2SS View Post
Yes, that's what I want to do. I want to order them online and have it shipped to my house, then bring it to the dealership. They will install it they said, but won't cover the exhaust warranty and whatever the Intake would affect (forgot). The only reason why I wanted them to install the 2 mods was to ensure that my warranty would still be good. BTW, that was the service department, not the manage. I will see what the manager says.
You'll probably have much better luck dealing with the manager. The manager I deal with also knows my intentions to do forced induction when it's available and is really cool about it. They are car guys there and mod their own cars.... I think that makes a difference.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
Abygale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
well retaining "FULL" warranty is the problem.. that can't happen.

But you can retain all of it except the catback exhuast (as it is no longer on the car) and the stock intake system..

I've heard of some dealerships not covering O2 sensors and MAF sensors because you changed to rate of air in and out of the engine.. but who knows.

But CAI and Catback shouldn't effect powertrain or bumper to bumper (except the exact parts your replaced anyway.
Agreed

.... "full warranty" was probably the issue they had, but a good service department manager would have explained what he meant.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
just do the mods, mine had 200 miles on it last week when I had the Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package installed on mine and now I enjoy my Camaro even more.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #10
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
I traded my Pirellis for them with another member here, but at lunch I will check to see if I have the paperwork for the install in my car. I had them do some other stuff while the car was in there but I'll see if the labor is itemized.
you traded your tires for brakes? lol interesting trade! and thanks for lookin!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
Jacksonville2SS
2G1FK1EJ2A9197734

Yeah, I dont expect a FULL warranty lol just everything except the exhaust warranty, which Borla or Corsa would have. I think they have lifetime warranties. But the lady I talked to at the service department desk didn't know much of anything. I just sent an email to my dealerships Service/Auto Body manager. Hopefully he would shed some light on it. What could the exhaust and CAI possibly effect that would cost so much?

Quote:
Agreed

.... "full warranty" was probably the issue they had, but a good service department manager would have explained what he meant.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #12
gameovergt
G@M30v3RgT

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 DIB
Gordon Chevrolet off of Blanding? Thats where I got mine.

If you have any warranty issues with CAI put factory box back on. Axle back kit will only void mufflers.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #13
Jacksonville2SS
2G1FK1EJ2A9197734

Yes, I got a camaro and a white avalanche. lol so they made some damn good business off me!! So if i had any problem with the engine, I can just put the factory box back on and just take it up there? Won't send any codes or anything? But I was going to get a cat back system.. I just e-mailed Walter, who is the service parts manager. How long ago did you get yours? You liking it so far? I love the car, just want to wake her up!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameovergt View Post
Gordon Chevrolet off of Blanding? Thats where I got mine.

If you have any warranty issues with CAI put factory box back on. Axle back kit will only void mufflers.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #14
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post

I did the same upgrade (brembo take-off set was $500+shipping), install was 2.5hrs at local shop.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote