Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #127
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappi View Post
My worst peevvv is someone entering the road infont of me makeing me hit the brakes and looking in the rear view mirror and no ones behind me....makeing me wonder why they didn't wait 1 second longer at the stop sign.
I have a special maneuver for those people. I keep going at my present speed until the last possible second before screeching around them. The look on their face is usually priceless.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #128
Deemos

Drives: 2010 CGM M6 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
These are related and can be intertwined...

1) When you are thankful for an open lane at a red light just to be disappointed at the last minute by the beater that pulls out of his lane because wants to take 2 min to reach the speed without the fear of being behind someone else...

2)When you are behind a person in the left hand turn lane and they are given a 20 second gap to cross 2 lanes of 40mph traffic, they sit there and wait for the arrow...

3) (Mainly on base 15-30 mph) When you are at a stop sign behind someone and you have to wait 10 min for them to get a unreasonably clear shot to accelerate to 15-30 into the flow fo traffic...
Hey. Good to see another DM guy on here. I saw TWO IBM Camaros in the BX parking lot yesterday. We have so many here on base now I think we're starting to outnumber the mustangs and miatas.

A new one that I remembered just now with everyone sharing and all. I was on my way back to Tucson from Texas on I-10 and I remember going up through the mountains somewhere in NM where the speed limit is 75-80mph. Well I'm going up doing the speed limit when I get stuck behind a semi-truck trying to pass another semi-truck while going up a fairly decent grade. The passing truck was going like 60 passing the other semi doing 59 and was taking freaking forever to pass. He finally passed when we finally crested the hill and the truck getting passed was finally able to let off the gas and engine brake a little so his dumb ass trucker buddy could get the hell out of the way and let our built up caravan through.

The other thing that has made me are those semi-trucks/towed trailers/RVs on a hot Arizona/New Mexico/Texas day that go 75+ MPH. My first drive through Texas through to Arizona I remember wondering, "Where the hell did all these "gators" on the shoulders and road come from?" I then see said large ass vehicle trying to blast past people on the interstate and that ol' bulb in the attic lights up. Oh. It's because we got these large vehicles going beyond the rating of their tires for ambient air temperature and weight and the heat built up in the tires causes them to blow out. GG.

To that one guy from Texas who said it's a law that you would have to pull over on the shoulder to let another driver pass you on the interstate. Since I drive generally the speed limit or better(you LEOs out there in Texas did NOT see this ,) unless you are an emergency vehicle or my car is ready to take a crap, there is no way in hell I'm pulling over in that damn minefield you Texans call a shoulder. You can definitely tell which states taxes the hell out of it's citizens and which ones don't by looking at the wrecking field of crap piled up on the shoulders. I've never had to dodge so much crap on an interstate or highway like I've had to in Texas.
Deemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #129
StuntmanMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemos View Post
I've never had to dodge so much crap on an interstate or highway like I've had to in Texas.
What can we say? We're a border state. I'll give you one guess who's responsible for that crap.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #130
Deemos

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
What can we say? We're a border state. I'll give you one guess who's responsible for that crap.
I currently live in a border state too but still. Honestly it's mostly said "gators" from the large tractors that go too damn fast in the heat and blow their rubbers all over the place. Most states I've seen at least have a sweeper truck or prisoner detail to clean up said crap off the side of the road.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #131
StuntmanMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemos View Post
I currently live in a border state too but still. Honestly it's mostly said "gators" from the large tractors that go too damn fast in the heat and blow their rubbers all over the place. Most states I've seen at least have a sweeper truck or prisoner detail to clean up said crap off the side of the road.
Well if we did that here, the trucks would use all our gas. It never stops.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #132
CleanCutCreations

Drives: 2010 camaro
Bicyclists....Period! Those pointy helmet, spandex wearin' bastards piss me off......They ride right in the middle of the road in front of me at 15 MPH then blow past me at the next stoplight when it comes time for them to stop. then I catch up to them and they are again riding in front of me at 15.....For god sakes...are they a real road vehicle or not? I say they are NOT! I will respect them as a "vehicle" and share the road when they have to pay personal property taxes on their bike, register it with the state, get it inspected at a service station, liscense it and insure it. Like I have to do...WITH MY REAL CAR!........
CleanCutCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #133
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
Quote:
Bicyclists....Period! Those pointy helmet, spandex wearin' bastards piss me off......They ride right in the middle of the road in front of me at 15 MPH then blow past me at the next stoplight when it comes time for them to stop. then I catch up to them and they are again riding in front of me at 15.....For god sakes...are they a real road vehicle or not? I say they are NOT! I will respect them as a "vehicle" and share the road when they have to pay personal property taxes on their bike, register it with the state, get it inspected at a service station, liscense it and insure it. Like I have to do...WITH MY REAL CAR!........
hahaha agreed and people that cut me off and then slow down piss me off
wangtangjf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #134
RAdams
Car Guy

Drives: '08 Mustang GT, '01 Isuzu VehiCROSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
1) When you are thankful for an open lane at a red light just to be disappointed at the last minute by the beater that pulls out of his lane because wants to take 2 min to reach the speed without the fear of being behind someone else...
That one happened to me on the way to work this morning. I'm coasting down a hill watching the two vehicles in the distance in the right lane. Like you said, the pick-up towing a trailer just "had" to move over to the left lane at the red light so I stayed in the right lane behind the SUV. Light turns green... and the distracted bung hole in the truck didn't even touch his accelerator until both the SUV and I were completely out of the intersection. Yet he just "had" to be "first."

One of my peeves that hasn't been mentioned is The Highway Buddy (TM). You see that you are slowly gaining on a vehicle mile after mile yet when you get right beside him, he decides to match your speed and will stay beside you forever unless you suddenly and drastically change your speed. I often wonder if they are just lonely or if I'm the only person in the state who has a speedometer in his car. A couple years ago a friend had some old ladies do that to him. He kept slowly increasing his speed. Finally he started honking until he interrupted their conversation and got their attention. He kept pointing to his eyes and then pointing at his speedometer until he passenger caught his meaning. She turned and said something to the driver. The driver's eyes practically popped out of her head and she all but slammed on her brakes when she finally noticed she was doing 90 MPH.

The one that irritates me several times a day is not using signals or not using them right. It's called a "turn" signal not an "I'm currently turning" signal. I swear these dopes just stick out the fingers on their left hand and the signal stalk is never touched until their fingers happen to brush past it as the steering wheel moves. Thanks for the notice - that sure helps keep traffic flowing smoothly, jerk!

Instead of writing a novel, I'll end with this one... morons who don't give pedestrians in a parking lot a break during bad weather. It's 33 degrees, the wind is blowing 40 MPH and it's raining. Instead of pausing for a few seconds to allow someone walking out of the store to jog to their car, they are sitting inside their nice, toasty vehicles being self-centered, clueless creeps.
RAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #135
StuntmanMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAdams View Post
One of my peeves that hasn't been mentioned is The Highway Buddy (TM). You see that you are slowly gaining on a vehicle mile after mile yet when you get right beside him, he decides to match your speed and will stay beside you forever unless you suddenly and drastically change your speed. I often wonder if they are just lonely or if I'm the only person in the state who has a speedometer in his car.
I once thought someone was doing that to me coming up from Houston. Turns out we made ourselves a little convoy. There were 3 or 4 SUVS, a little Honda and me. We kept trading off the lead and we were bookin' down the freeway. It was actually kinda fun.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #136
R Kern
NFRNO SS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS M6
Tailgaters, Tailgaters, Tailgaters!!!!!!!!!
I am really trying to behave myself with a car that sticks out like a sore thumb, mainly to keep my driving and insurance record as clean as it is. I try to drive the speed limit, and even 5 over most of the time, and usually have some idiot tailgating me.
I've even become more tolerant as I get older, and keep even more of a space between my car and the one in front of me.
I wish I had the 007 Bond car with the oil slick button!

Old 06-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #137
Deemos

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
I once thought someone was doing that to me coming up from Houston. Turns out we made ourselves a little convoy. There were 3 or 4 SUVS, a little Honda and me. We kept trading off the lead and we were bookin' down the freeway. It was actually kinda fun.
Did that before when I was driving from CA to AZ with another Camaro. Was pretty fun to just cruise and switch up ever half our.

As far as tailgaters are concerned, when I was in my old car I used to break check those bastards hard sometimes and it was usually enough to give them the message to back the @#$% off or you're buying me a new car. Now that I have a new Camaro I find myself with the urge to do it but not really wanting to hurt my new baby.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #138
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
ppl that dont use cruise control...

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:28 PM   #139
Eagleone

Drives: Woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 427 View Post
Too bad we have to do other peoples driving for them. Idiots.
Yep. And they have no idea that safer drivers help keep THEM out of accidents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudXTC View Post
ppl that dont use cruise control...
Eagleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:28 AM   #140
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Stupid kids dramatically weaving their ricers in and out of traffic but not really getting anywhere.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote