Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #99
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKEDSS View Post
When im backing up it feels like the ABS is kicking in for a short second....It only does it to me when the wheel is turned but i can have it in N and just let the weight of the car roll back and it will still make the sound.....I also feel it in the brake Ped
I get the exact same thing! Probably 3 out of 5 times backing up, wheel usually has to be turned at least a little bit, and every time when backing up down hill (like a steep driveway). This occurred with my stock brakes AND with my Brembo big brakes as well. I believe it is the ABS or some system controlling it.

Vin# 7460

I had an issue with second gear not going in at all once. My car had been sitting at work since lunch in the parking garage when I got in it to leave aroun 5pm. I had driven it earlier (normal driving) and not had a single issue. I got in my car, started it, and pulled on the shifter towards me to make sure it was not in gear and it felt spongy. It felt like something was in the way. I then pulled it down in to second gear (still sitting in the garage not moving with my foot on the clutch pedal on the floor) and it wouldn't go in at all. I took my foot off the pedal and pushed it back down then tried to put the shifter in second again, it wouldn't go. Now I'm freaking out thinking I broke something and how am I gonna get this thing out of the parking garage. So I pushed it into second and kinda forced it in. It was very tough but I got it in. Thinking it was just the gears in a weird position or something I proceeded to drive out of the garage in 1st gear. I tried shifting into second, it wouldn't go in.

I got out of the garage and proceeded to drive home thinkin I would just skip 2nd. At some point I realized I was able to put it in second again, but it was difficult to get it in. Also one in second gear, the shifter didn't moved at all. In every other gear the shifter will move side to side just a little bit, but when in second it wouldn't budge.

This only happened that one time, and it was only on the way home that it did it. Eventually the shifter began to move from side to side in second gear, and I haven't really had any other issue since.

The other day I hit it kinda hard in 1st and pushed the clutch all the way down, put it in second and it grinded with the clutch fully disengaged. Just a quick grind and that was it.

Other than those two things i haven't had any problems in 20,000 miles.

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!

Last edited by SS Mike; 06-01-2010 at 06:30 PM.
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:56 AM   #100
VRMMMM

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Mine works fine, it is just really smelly!!! Guess I am lucky.
VRMMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #101
nascar14fan

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/CGMStripes/RS/6sp
Went in and got my master/ clutch cap replaced I think my car is fixed. It has been about a week now and I have alot more clutch pressure in the pedal the clutch lets go at the same spot now everytime. There is a recall on the cap. Check it out. I will keep you posted if I have any more problems. My cap was leaking even if yours is not leaking it could still be sucking air and causing the problem if it dont fit right.
nascar14fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #102
Eagleone

Drives: Woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue9 View Post
I HAVE 2800 MILES ON MINE IT STUCK ON THE FLOOR TWICE. I GOT THAT NASTY SMELL TOO. NOW ITS ALL SPONGIE AND GRABS AT DIFFERNT HIGHTS.

A9145963
I HAVE TO TAKE IT IN MONDAY JUNE 7. WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS !

RICK LAZZARO
Quote:
I TOOK MY CAR IN TODAY FOR THE CLUTCH STICKING AND GRABBING IN DIFFERENT SPOTS. ALL I GOT WAS A COPY OF A SERVICE DOCUMENT #
PIP4800 ID #2482989 SAYING THAT IT IS PEDAL BEING RELEASED TOO
SLOWLY DURING LAUNCH CONTROL MODE ALLOWING THE CLUTCH TO SLIP.
I THINK THIS IS A PLOY TO BLAME THE DRIVER AND GET OUT OF FIXING THE PROBLEM.
Eagleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #103
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
I have had a lot of problems with my clutch.....too random. If my resevoir cap was leaking....would I see it? Not to sound stupid, but would it leak fluid also?
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #104
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
No problems yet with my clutch but the gear shifting is very notchy. I drove my boss's SRT-8 which has the same Tremec6060 and his shifter is effortless. I really dislike the feel of my shifter, it makes shifting slower, it's like each shift takes 2 clicks to shift. Probably not a clutch problem, more a syncro problem. Dealer says nothing wrong!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #105
Eagleone

Drives: Woman
Quote:
i did not know there was a law about " caps lock" ?
Sorry to thread jack further, but caps lock is generally accepted in the forum world as yelling. It's not a law, just the way it usually works. So as you can imagine, all of your posts look like you are yelling at us. If you just wanted to differentiate your posts from everybody else then I would suggest a different font maybe or color

Eagleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #106
nascar14fan

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/CGMStripes/RS/6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
I have had a lot of problems with my clutch.....too random. If my resevoir cap was leaking....would I see it? Not to sound stupid, but would it leak fluid also?
ya you would see it. the whole top of my master cylinder was wet and leaking down the resevoir.
nascar14fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #107
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar14fan View Post
ya you would see it. the whole top of my master cylinder was wet and leaking down the resevoir.
Thanks bro! I thought so....but might as well defer to the pros here!
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #108
Orange ss crush
Its all in the paint

Drives: 2010 IOM SS2 Black Stripes
My clutch has had problems shifting into second - u joint busted and hit the passanger floor board - tail shaft seal was leaking - Now same senerio again so it has sat at the dealership since Monday waiting for GM to approve repair and tons of silent treatment. Anyone have any thoughts at this point?

SS2/ Sunroof/20" polished rims
IOM with black stripe - IOM interior

Order Placed 5/20/09
sitting at 1100
Orange ss crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #109
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange ss crush View Post
My clutch has had problems shifting into second - u joint busted and hit the passanger floor board - tail shaft seal was leaking - Now same senerio again so it has sat at the dealership since Monday waiting for GM to approve repair and tons of silent treatment. Anyone have any thoughts at this point?

Read This -> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71421
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #110
rcracer78

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
No problems yet with my clutch but the gear shifting is very notchy. I drove my boss's SRT-8 which has the same Tremec6060 and his shifter is effortless. I really dislike the feel of my shifter, it makes shifting slower, it's like each shift takes 2 clicks to shift. Probably not a clutch problem, more a syncro problem. Dealer says nothing wrong!
Of course they're gonna say that! Also, they're not gonna touch it as long as you have that Hurst installed. Easy for them to blame the shifter.
I actually removed mine thinking it was the shifter. Now I'm back to stock and still have the problem. I'm 99.9% sure synchros are faulty. Mine doesn't click into gear.....it chunks into gear.
rcracer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #111
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
chris 5100 miles
2SS/RS number 8283

resitance in 2-3rd shifts, clunky shifts, grinds @ high rpms going into 2nd-3rd

calling dealer on monday

serviced once-found no problems
Old 06-15-2010, 03:08 AM   #112
DIGthat2SS
I can dig that..

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
thisis my first manual car which i leanred manual 2 days before i got it..i thought i was horrible aqt stick once i got it but then i got it down but still thought i sucked but once i heard everyone else say how much of a b*tch it is in this car i felt lots better

but...

Danny A9175970

clutch smell under normal driving.
clutch stuck about 3 times now
slight jerking when downshifting 2 to 1 now and then
DIGthat2SS is offline   Reply With Quote