Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #71
Fishdadddy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ; 1970 Firebird Formula
Hey markmass,

Thanks. You won't be disappointed in Mike's work.

The vacuum pump I used was made by Actron. You can see it in a couple of my pictures. The key is to make sure the threads on the bleeders and everything else is sealed from sucking air. I used grease to seal the lid on the catch cup. Worked great.

Not sure how you would seal the brake lines for that long. I actually did the core exchange. So Mike sent my new coated calipers. Then I swapped them out and sent back my old ones. So the lines were only disconnected for a short time between each caliper.

Let me know if you need help. I'm not far from you. Who is installing your springs and sways?
Fishdadddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #72
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdadddy View Post

Let me know if you need help. I'm not far from you. Who is installing your springs and sways?
Yours truly, with a mate of mine who has done lowering on other cars. I'm only doing the springs, lower by an inch. I'm not really after improved handling over stock, rather the looks.
I'm pretty good with my hands, and it appears to be the only major item i need for the springs is a spring compressor. Thanks for the offer of the help. If I get stuck ill PM and may ask for your tel number if i need any pointers!!!
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #73
Fishdadddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmass View Post
Yours truly, with a mate of mine who has done lowering on other cars. I'm only doing the springs, lower by an inch. I'm not really after improved handling over stock, rather the looks.
I'm pretty good with my hands, and it appears to be the only major item i need for the springs is a spring compressor. Thanks for the offer of the help. If I get stuck ill PM and may ask for your tel number if i need any pointers!!!

Cool! Let me know how the spring change goes. I want to do Coilovers. Was thinking I could maybe do the install myself. Just don't have that much experience with suspension work.

Let me know if you need my number?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #74
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
just curious you didnt put on the wheel weights like from the factory, does it squeak? what pads did you go with? looks awesome i wanted red but your making me rethink that now haha
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #75
Fishdadddy

I had the wheel weight before. Have not had one sound with weights or since the new calipers without weights. Kept the factory pads for now.

Thanks, I love this blue color
Old 06-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #76
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdadddy View Post
Cool! Let me know how the spring change goes. I want to do Coilovers. Was thinking I could maybe do the install myself. Just don't have that much experience with suspension work.

Let me know if you need my number?
Hey Fishdaddy - I changed the Springs myself, probably around 3 hours in total. Pretty straightforward. Definitely need the right tools!! I bought a 24" breaker bar (the front suspension bolts are tight) wrenches, impact sockets, ang the Torq 'bits' all harbor freight - did the job. To get them fitted was going to cost something like $350. def something you can do by yourself. If you're thinking about, I have the tools you can use!!! Coilovers may be even easier as its the entire unit...

No pics - still up on stands as the powder coated calipers from 'Mike' should be here early this coming week, and kooks headers/CATS delivered tomorrow. Will put those on myself too.

Then off to Get Torq for a CAM job/Tune later this month
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

Old 06-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #77
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
They look great. Get them on the car Brah !!! Pic's...
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #78
Fishdadddy

Markmass,

That's awesome. I just finished installing the Solo Performance High Flow Catted mid Pipes an hour ago. I'm in the process of getting the coilovers shipped to me from another forum member. I might have to take you up on the help.

Maybe we can make a weekend project out of it. I'll help with the headers. you help with the coilovers. I have spoken with Eric also about a cam job. Just not sure i'm ready to commit to that yet.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #79
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

I fitted everything over the last couple of days (in-between world cup football - yes I'm English and a fanatic)
Calipers look stunning, Springs make her sit just right, and the Kooks headers with the Mach XL is simply out of this world....I will post a thread tomorrow with pictures - finished late tonight. If you want to hook up, we can get the springs done and you can hear what the Kooks/Mach XL combo sounds like... pm me if you're up for that

Old 06-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #80
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
look great
Old 06-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #81
Fishdadddy

Awesome! Thatthing must sound mean.