Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #99
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylenewman View Post
Let me tell you a little story about my experience with F150's F350s and F450s..

2001 F150 power steering issues since brand new, head gasket blew at 100,000, manifold went at 75k, cylinder misfiring because of coolant leaking into spark plug shorting it out.. Truck at 110k completely rusted out..i literally can reach through the rocker panel into the interior..

2005 F350 6.0 this lovely engine where do i start, turbo blew at 75k was replaced and now has been having issues at 115k, oil pan has been on the verge of blowing apart from rust since 75k and it's 2,000$ to fix because you need to drop the engine.

2007 F450 driver side locks stopped working and dealer can't fix the issue..

2008 F450 Locks began acting up at 37k dealer refused to fix under warranty said it was a computer issue reprogrammed the computer and locks worked for 1 day. They now say theyre not sure what the issue is. You can unlock but can't lock the truck. Turbos randomly don't create boost sometimes, and truck will indicate brake issues and pedal will go to the floor occasionally. The dealer has been unable to fix the issues for more then a few days before they return.

Every company has issues, and every manufacturer has bad dealerships. I got turned off from chevy after dealing with a local dealer but found someone who I could stand and got a good deal through them.

My camaro came from the factory with a defective Onstar and PDIM module..sometimes crap happens.

I used to own a WRX and the paint on that car made the camaros seem like ferrari paint.
Good post, my point exactly! and I agree.. WRX paint is like 1 part paint 100000 parts water. It chips off when a feather hits it.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #100
Nitrosniffer
40 Years Later

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro w/ RS - CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
hmmmm....crappy Fords.

because the Camaro is such a quality car you guys have an ENTIRE section specifically to discuss all the problems. and before all the "its a new car" people start crying...yes the exterior body is brand new but the platform and the majority of its parts are parts that GM has been using for years (if not in the US).

ive never had any problems with my Mustangs or F-150s.

i guess i just wasnt as big of a fanboy as the rest of you guys back in 2001 when i was trying to get a Z28 and GM wouldnt work with me and Ford would. but i guess if you dont mind having a dealer rape you then i guess its ok.
My opinion - you never LOVED the Z28 in 2001. Had you loved it, you would have gone to more than one dealer, begged, pleaded, and stolen your way into one. Or, waited until your situation changed to the point where you could get one. Instead, you got a sour taste in your mouth, and jumped ship over to Ford. I'm glad to hear that you haven't had any issues - I've never had any issues with any one of my 4 GM vehicles...

Danifox quite obviously LOVES this car, and there is nothing out there that is going to change her mind. Good luck - I am sure you will find a combination of factors which will work for you - you will be driving off the lot in your baby in no time!
Nitrosniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #101
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
As has already been stated... if you have a credit card, use it. Using a credit card AND PAYING IT OFF IN FULL every month, goes a LONG way in raising your credit score.

Having a credit card, and never using it, does nothing.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #102
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
Dude if u really want the car, it's worth waitin for, like my parents said. I went for one had the paperwork feeler out and had the numbers run. I have a 710 credit score, and I'm 26. But I've bought a new car payed it off ahead of schedule, bought a new dirtbike on my own had it payed off early. I have a couple credit cards in my name. I'm currently paying on a new motorcycle and a 05 ford focus. But it's about About payed off. Like I said I had the paperwork filled out and numbers run. And got approved for the loan on my own. But my payments would have been 459 for 84 months at 6.49 financing. Sure I could have afforded it but I wouldn't have no cash for the weekends or things I wanted to. Do and I didn't want a payment for that long so I'm gonna wait and save. Cuz it will just make it sweeter when it's time to buy one. GOOD THINGS COME IN TIME
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #103
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
84 months! wow
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #104
danifox
Gulf Coast Camaro Family

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro Soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravirn View Post
As has already been stated... if you have a credit card, use it. Using a credit card AND PAYING IT OFF IN FULL every month, goes a LONG way in raising your credit score.

Having a credit card, and never using it, does nothing.
...Like I said before, I HAVE been using the Visa the ones I haven't use nor do I even know what they are from are the one from HSBC & the one from Chase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
Dude if u really want the car, it's worth waitin for, like my parents said. I went for one had the paperwork feeler out and had the numbers run. I have a 710 credit score, and I'm 26. But I've bought a new car payed it off ahead of schedule, bought a new dirtbike on my own had it payed off early. I have a couple credit cards in my name. I'm currently paying on a new motorcycle and a 05 ford focus. But it's about About payed off. Like I said I had the paperwork filled out and numbers run. And got approved for the loan on my own. But my payments would have been 459 for 84 months at 6.49 financing. Sure I could have afforded it but I wouldn't have no cash for the weekends or things I wanted to. Do and I didn't want a payment for that long so I'm gonna wait and save. Cuz it will just make it sweeter when it's time to buy one. GOOD THINGS COME IN TIME
Eek! 84 months?! I didn't even know you could go that long. Good luck to you though whenever you do get it.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #105
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
I never read long stories. But, I read yours. It's so sad. I believe if you want something enough there is a way. You just got to find how to do it. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #106
CTS

Drives: 2021 Sierra Denali 6.2L/10sp CC 4WD
Quote:
Some people are mentioning phone payments, internet payments, or doctors visits. But I don't have any of those to be honest... the only thing that I have to pay for is the 1 Visa BoA credit card that I have. Other than that I don't have any other expenses.
There is the problem right there. Only 1 credit history, not good enough.

All I can do is compare you to me.

I have bought and financed 3 cars thru GMAC since 2002, currently owe bal of 13g on 2009 CTS4 (0% for 36), have 3 credit cards (BOA, GM Card, +1 more) I use regularly (monthly) and pay off completely every month (never paid a penny of interest on a credit card ever), own two properties free and clear, have utilities bills in my name, never been late on any payment ever in my life and my fico score is over 700. I know this because the GMC dealer assumed I was going to go for 0% financing and had already run my history before asking me how I was going to pay the balance due after my 2008 trade in. I could have gotten a GMAC loan to finance the $9g difference in the trade but choose to pay cash.

And you think yours is really 720?
CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #107
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by danifox View Post
...Like I said before, I HAVE been using the Visa
It's been said on here many times before and it bares repeating. Low limit credit cards (below $1,000) do not improve your credit. Get a $5,000 credit limit on a card and spend a couple thousand a month on it then the card will help but if the only thing you have on your history is credit cards then you essentially have zero credit as far as lenders and banks are concerned.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #108
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
84 months! wow
84 month loans are rarer than a stand up triple. 7 years says to the lender, I am stretched to the limit, and I can't afford the car otherwise. The only people getting a loan like that are folks w/ established credit, and a long history of regular on time payments.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #109
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
All you can do is keep working to build your credit. You do need to figure out where your credit went wrong if there were errors in the report and get them fix. Try calling Trans Union the one time I called them I did get to speak to a live person. Just keep working at it and I'm sure you'll get you'll get your car. Look at it this way the car is just now going into it's second year of production soyou still have a few more years to be able to get a 5th gen new & more and more 2010's will show up over time on the used car lot. In a year or two the value of the used LT's will probably be about $20k maybe even a little less.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #110
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrosniffer View Post
My opinion - you never LOVED the Z28 in 2001. Had you loved it, you would have gone to more than one dealer, begged, pleaded, and stolen your way into one. Or, waited until your situation changed to the point where you could get one. Instead, you got a sour taste in your mouth, and jumped ship over to Ford. I'm glad to hear that you haven't had any issues - I've never had any issues with any one of my 4 GM vehicles...
see thats precisely the point. i DID go to more than one dealer...about 7 total (5 in VA, 2 in FL and 1 in AL).
trust me, if you had dealt with the f****** @$$holes i had to deal with you wouldve reconsidered who you wanted to give money to as well.

if i owned a business and treated you like a pig would you come back to me every time? no you wouldnt. neither would i.
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #111
danifox
Gulf Coast Camaro Family

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro Soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
I never read long stories. But, I read yours. It's so sad. I believe if you want something enough there is a way. You just got to find how to do it. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Haha. Well, thank you! I know long stories are a pain, told ya I wouldn't be able to make it short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
It's been said on here many times before and it bares repeating. Low limit credit cards (below $1,000) do not improve your credit. Get a $5,000 credit limit on a card and spend a couple thousand a month on it then the card will help but if the only thing you have on your history is credit cards then you essentially have zero credit as far as lenders and banks are concerned.
That's the thing though... I've tried to apply for other credit cards & I keep on being denied. I don't know why. I'm thinking it's because I'm only 20 & that when I turn 21 in November I'll have a better chance.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #112
wildthing001967
Drive fast take chances

Drives: Ice Silver SS2 RS 6sp
Credit score

1. If your credit card is just a debit card with the visa logo on it then it may just be a debit card. If all charges get debited from your account then these cards WILL NOT show up on your credit report. If it is a real credit card allowing you to carry a balance and make payments each month then it is a credit card and it should show up.

2. Your credit score could be different on all credit reports and credit score provided by companies advertising 3 reports in one or such. These most likely will not be the same score the banks pull your score from.
A. experian
b. trans union
c. equifax

Hope this helps.
wildthing001967 is offline   Reply With Quote