Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #155
chevydrvr

Drives: fast.
Okay dragoneye you are right. I should talk as much as I do. Your right I didn't think if that.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #156
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
All I know is kids usually under the age of 10 see my car, yank on their parents arm and point, jump up and down excitedly while saying they see a transformer... Or people are taking pics of my car as they walk across the street, then GM has done something right... commercial or not...
Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #157
CombatVet0311

Drives: blk 2010 camaro 2ss l99
With all due respect, transformers may have persuaded some on here to purchase a Camaro but it sure didn't for me.

I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb to say that there are some guys mostly enthusiasts and gearheads llike myself that transformers did absolutely nothing for.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone but to me transformers is very Mickey Mouse and slightly silly in my eyes, and i'm glad that the new Camaro brings more to the table than being a movie star.

I think the Camaro can benefit from a commercial that markets the car to people that are car guys first and movie goers 99th.

Honestly, I'm glad that the transformers campaign proved very fruitfull for GM, I just think it would be beneficial to also market the car to guys who love performance but do not hold Micheal Bay and talking dancing robots in high regard.
CombatVet0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #158
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatVet0311 View Post
With all due respect, transformers may have persuaded some on here to purchase a Camaro but it sure didn't for me.

I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb to say that there are some guys mostly enthusiasts and gearheads llike myself that transformers did absolutely nothing for.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone but to me transformers is very Mickey Mouse and slightly silly in my eyes, and i'm glad that the new Camaro brings more to the table than being a movie star.

I think the Camaro can benefit from a commercial that markets the car to people that are car guys first and movie goers 99th.

Honestly, I'm glad that the transformers campaign proved very fruitfull for GM, I just think it would be beneficial to also market the car to guys who love performance but do not hold Micheal Bay and talking dancing robots in high regard.
I'm right there with you. I think it's smart marketing for GM to tie this in for the kids, but it doesn't do anything for me.

Now if they made a movie like Bullitt, or Gone in 60 seconds with Eleanor, featuring a Camaro, that would be a different story.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #159
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
The Camaro doesn't need a commercial to sell but it sure would be exciting. I wish they'd put one up too......

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #160
timcat4843

Drives: 2008 Corvette Coupe
The only reason your seeing a new Corvette commercial now and not a Camaro commercial
is because Vette sales are in the toilet and Camaro sales remain strong.
timcat4843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #161
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatVet0311 View Post

I understand that you are not being disrespectful, you're just stating your opinion... My point is that while the Transformer movies are not your cup of tea, I think it created another generation of muscle car lovers, and that's not a bad thing..... I remember riding in my cousin's Chevelle SS 427 4 in the floor withe Hurst T shifter when I was 12... that car screamed and I vowed to one day get a chevelle or something like it... The seed was planted and I've always liked muscle cars..... So when I see kids look, jump up and down, and point, I think the seed has been planted...

What I hear you saying though is that it has to be a Camaro commercial to your liking, since as we all know, product placement within a movie is definitely a commercial, but its a commercial you don't like... I suspect performance guys are familiar with the car and a commercial won't sway them one way or another, but I could be wrong....
Old 07-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #162
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Regardless of the arguments of whether or not Camaro needs a commercial, the commercials they have put out have been either
A) With the rest of the chevy lineup
B) Horrible.

The only good Camaro commercial came out of Mexico. If they're going to do it, which they have, bring us something like THE HEARTBEAT OF AMERICA. Not to say they need to rehash old tag lines, but they should do something invoking the same kind of pride and American patriotism that those ads and ads like them invoked.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #163
timcat4843

Drives: 2008 Corvette Coupe
This is still my favorite Chevy commercial of all time.
It's the commercial that introduced the 6th generation Corvette to the world.

timcat4843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:59 AM   #164
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
4th Gen TA had the best advertisement I have seen . I had both of these given to me in T-Shirt form when I bought mine. They are boxed up in my attic.

Attached Images

x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #165
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
saw a challenger commercial the other day with a black one doing a slow motion smokey burnout .... I liked that alot haha

but really from GM's standpoint... they're selling like crazy anyways, why spend the money on ads? anyone in the market for a sports car like this is pretty much aware of their choices. No one is going to buy a Mustang or Challenger and go DAMMIT I didn't even know the Camaro existed!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #166
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Actually GM is getting paid to advertise. I would say more people have seen the Camaro advertisement than any Mustang or Challenger advertisement.

Transformers, II, III.
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #167
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I suppose that Camaro has the movies, Mustang has the commercials. i think the movies show off the car more than a 20 second commercial.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #168
oppnyc
WhAT Now

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
The mustang wasent in the movie transformers. knowone has seen the mustang until they seen the commercial.
oppnyc is offline   Reply With Quote