Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #29
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
OP,

now you know what its like to when a Camaro driver talks to a Mustang driver. sucks doesnt it?
I don't get it, he said the guy with the Elise keeps approaching HIM. Not the other way around.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #30
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
OP,

now you know what its like to when a Camaro driver talks to a Mustang driver. sucks doesnt it?
We have enough Mustang threads for this stuff. Do we really need it here?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #31
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The Elise is an awesome car, don't under estimate it just because it has half as many cylinders. It will run 0-60 under 5 seconds and handles like a race car in stock trim. Its one of the best bang for the buck sports cars you can buy in my opinion. That being said, the dealer will take a douche bags money with just as much enthusiasm as they will yours.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #32
Americanmuscle11

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imsykogrl View Post
Ok, so this a tad bit of complaining but I need your help! I work with this MORON who drives a 2005 Lotus Elise. All he does is talk about how he'll smoke me on a track and how wonderful his little POS 4 banger is. First of all, who around San Diego drives on a track? Maybe Qualcomm sure but seriously!?!? Secondly, for someone who is sooo in love with their car, he never washes it and wants his oil changed by Jiffy Lube. Anyways, he keeps talking about how his 4 banger is a sports car and is such a contender with muscle cars. Ok, he can hang because hes light but he IS NOT A SPORTS CAR! How do I deal with such a moron as this?
The Lotus Elise will beat your Camaro on a short road course with minimal straightaways. On a longer road course your top end on the straight aways would make up for his better handling in the turns. So the guy likes driving on a road course with a car built to drive on one...who cares? Do not challenge this guy to an autocross. The Lotus Elise IS a sports car. The Camaro is a pony/muscle car. Ask him to meet you at a test and tune at your local 1/4 some night. His Lotus Elise won't be slow but if you know how to drive he certainty will not beat your Camaro. You just have to find your cars best advantages and use them accordingly. If he keeps running his mouth about a road course and you feel up to trying it out find a road course with a few lengthy straights and have at it. They have open track days at most for clubs, though I'm not entirely sure you can pass? If anything just ignore him as long as you love your car that's all that matters.
Americanmuscle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #33
SoTHavok

Drives: 1
I saw a new looking lotus couple weeks ago, couldnt get him to race me. Lookd scared haha i'd like to see how i would of competed with him
SoTHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #34
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
The Lotus is definitely what I would consider a "sports car", but the Camaro - is nothing but "Muscle, all Muscle Car Baby"..

Just blow him off, he's not worth it.. (Especially since he gets his oil changed at Jiffy Lube, really. Nothing against Jiffy Lube for my kid's cars - but just not for my Camaro, thank you very much.) My two cents. Lori
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #35
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR View Post
Tell him to take his go kart to Europe, we like REAL muscle cars.
Next time please be more precise , send him to England okay because to Europe you are hurting my ego and my people !!
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #36
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Respect Lotus and it's proud racing heritage. You sound dumb. It is a sports car.
That said, this should be settled in the Octagon.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #37
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Tell him to take his high-dollar go-cart with the toyota motor to go play with someone else.
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #38
FifthGenRS/SS

Drives: 2010 camaro RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Tell him to put up or shut up. My money's on him backin down without a fight...
I agree
FifthGenRS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:50 AM   #39
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
The elise is a sports car. Period. He may be a dick, but he's not wrong about it being a sports car. You would dominate him in most types of races though, you're right about that.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:38 AM   #40
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Ok, so this a tad bit of complaining but I need your help! I work with this MORON who drives a 2005 Lotus Elise. All he does is talk about how he'll smoke me on a track and how wonderful his little POS 4 banger is. First of all, who around San Diego drives on a track? Maybe Qualcomm sure but seriously!?!? Secondly, for someone who is sooo in love with their car, he never washes it and wants his oil changed by Jiffy Lube. Anyways, he keeps talking about how his 4 banger is a sports car and is such a contender with muscle cars. Ok, he can hang because hes light but he IS NOT A SPORTS CAR! How do I deal with such a moron as this?
I'm tired of people beating around the bush about it,.....honestly, your Camaro SS would DESTROY his Lotus. Can't make it to the track? Take him to a back road straightaway, you'd make his car look so bad, he'll wish he requested vaseline. On a road course, it would be close, you'd need to be a skilled driver and know how to use the Camaro's power and handling to your advantage, just keep the foot planted most of the time and you'll take him. I guarantee you, after it's all over, he'd definitely have some new found respect for your Muscle car. And he'll know exactly why it's called "Camaro".

Ask him why he won't challenge you to a drag race....Why? Because you'll smoke him. He believes his car is better just because it's small and very nimble around a track, but there is something his car lacks if he's going to trump your SS: POWER. You'll beat him to 60 and in the 1/4 mile, and probably in braking too, you have the better car to me. It means nothing if the only thing my car is good at is "turning", that's boring and is no fun. lol. Your in a Camaro SS,.....drift it! Smoke the tires!
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:54 AM   #41
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
You can either ignore him, or ask him to prove that his car is better around a track.

And yes, it is a sports car.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:01 AM   #42
spooky
spooky

Drives: camaro
don't single out Lotus cars just because one particular owner is a d-bag. it's not like you're going to be stuck working with this guy forever. it also seems like this guy is not going to have a Lotus forever either, the way he treats it.
spooky is offline   Reply With Quote