Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #15
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Drop spindles are great....for trucks.

On a road car, if you're going to drop the car, 99% of people will go with a lowering spring and a shortened strut to match. To get the best handling and ride you NEED to get a strut that is valved to match your new spring rate.

Oh, and a two inch drop on this car will tuck the tires inside the fender or just plant the fender on top of the tire. It'll be slammed and ride, handle, and probably look like ass.
LSxJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #16
divvichild
Corvette Owner

Drives: '06 MS Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley78 View Post
Im going to drop this bad boy 2 inches and i dont care how much it costs!!!
If i drop it, I wont be able to make it up my driveway :(
divvichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #17
odie23

Drives: Jeep
I have a 85 Fiero with 2 inch Belltech dropped spindles (they were offered for Fiero's for a nano-second back in the late 80s) that allows the use of the stock front springs.

I've owned another Fiero with 2 inch shortened springs front and rear (and a three inch chopped top , unless the pavement was smooth as glass that one did ride like an old truck somedays.

I figured the main reason the 85 runs smoother is because of the stock springs even though I replaced the shocks/struts with Bilstein and polyurethane bushings too.

I'm also wondering if that fancy air bag suspension system (ridetech.com) is going to be offered for the 5th, but that's big bucks too.
odie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #18
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
i doubt that the dropped spindles will be ready at the show since they wont have cars yet
Old 09-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #19
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
I can tell you the suspension will have lots of room for improvement. Pedders already has springs/struts/ and adjustable coil overs. We also have all non compliant bushings, adjiustabel sway bars. The Camaro has a lot of body role, that might bother some.

mike
dms
What will installing your Street II package on the Camaro do to its factory warranty?? If it will affect the factory warranty will it affect all or partial?? Will Pedders have an equivalent warranty??

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #20
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
the arent going to void your powertrain warranty for installing a suspension package. they only stop covering the parts that you put on.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #21
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
I cannot go into details, but ai can tell you that we have major access into the entire ZETA platform design. AFter the Camaro is released, you will be able to understand why I cannot chat about it.

But the prove is in the roadtest!, We have about 50 or so G8s with TrackII systems, which actually has a longer wheel base and some advantages over the Camaro. Drive one of these rides, and you will immediately understand what I am talking about.

On the G8, which is the same platform as the Camaro, here is one of the many tests that I did pre/post test.

On a G8 GT, I took a OEM vehicle down a very safe, long road with divided white lines. The goal was to be able to keep the left front tires within the split white lines, and turn the steering wheel 90 degrees left/right as fast as I could. Doing this, I could get to 40-45 mph on the G8 GT. the limitations on this was the body role. I was turning so fast, that the body role did not set when I was in fact turning the opposite direction. Tires were squeeling really badly at the rear so I stoppped.

We installed the TrackII Pedders system, less sway bars. This is all the bushes, springs, shocks. We were able to get to 60mph. At 60mph, traction control was kicking in at the rear and throwing off the rythem, thus the safety aspect of the test was exceeded, therefore stopped. Now on the high end Camaro, the vehicles will be lower than the G8 and the tires will be splite configured and larger than G8. Time will tell. I can tell you a GTO rackII install can do the same test at over 70mph.

There are few poeple in the USA with more Zeta platform experience than me. Would be glad to share my experiences with all of you

mike
dms
I 've got a 69 camaro that needs help in the rollover department, but going to wait and work on the new one, like your threads.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #22
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard67 View Post
What will installing your Street II package on the Camaro do to its factory warranty?? If it will affect the factory warranty will it affect all or partial?? Will Pedders have an equivalent warranty??
As a former GTO owner, I have a lot of experience with Pedders. Their stuff has a strong warranty and you will get a whole hell of a lot of dealer support. As with all modifications, if the aftermarket part caused the warranty issue, that part of your warranty definitely won't be honored. But if your radio shits the bed or you drop a valve and you have only have a full suspension, you're fine.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #23
odie23

Drives: Jeep
Any one read/hear development on dropped spindles yet?
odie23 is offline   Reply With Quote