Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #15
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Damn!

Nicely done.. Wish I could have made it.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #16
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
You cannot imagine how pissed off I am that I couldn't come to this Work, work, work just could not get the time off work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Damn!

Nicely done.. Wish I could have made it.

Thank you very much for the invite Pete. I regret not being able to make it. Looks like it was a blast. according to the smiles on DG's and Killer's faces.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
I got to call it and lost so the mustang was mine.

In that third video, you can hear a Honda in the background before and agter the Camaro goes by.

Oh, and is it just me, or does the Mustang look like one of those worm things in the Tremors movies?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #18
youngoliver

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM -- Lifted 99' GMC
not gona lie that is a badass looking mustang. dont shoot me for saying that haha
Old 08-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
You are not alone in your thinking. I happen to see it differently. The sheet metal in the rear quarter is so beautifully sculptured that I don't want it hidden by a rear spoiler. The trunk lid is also dramatically shaped. Combined they create sheet metal worthy of a Ferrari or Lamborghini. This is particularly true when the car is lowered. You can fully appreciate the artistry of the design. The form is just awesome. It has been over a year that I have owned my Camaro. Every time I walk up from the rear I appreciate the effort the GM designers put into rear quarter and trunk lid.

For me a rear spoiler is exactly that. It spoils the view. That is just my opinion and judging from what I see and read I am very much in the minority.
You are not alone. I've thought this as well. Nicely stated. I agree 100%

I'd take mine off but it would leave an awfull look, as I had work done to a loose spoiler.

And since nobodies asked, DG and Killer, who wins, Mustang or Camaro?

Were Pedders on both?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 PM   #20
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
And since nobodies asked, DG and Killer, who wins, Mustang or Camaro?

Were Pedders on both?

They are sworn by blood oath, death threats and the spit in your hand and shake moderators solemn vow of secrecy and celibacy until Hot Rod and Mustang Enthusiast release their articles.

Pedders did the development work on both cars. We are doing the Camaro by GMPP license and the Saleen sort of in reverse. We worked with Saleen for a year to develop the Mustang range. Along the way we decided it made no sense for Pedders to compete with Saleen with similar products. The Pedders brand will not have Mustang parts. Pedders Dealers will sell Saleen parts.

In that sense this was a no lose situation for Pedders. I will say that the cars were flawless. They performed at a ridiculous level. They both ran race car speeds and did it on a really hot and humid day with a virgin rain slicked track. We did test a 2011 Mustang with the new 5.0 and Brembo brake upgrade. It is fast and ran well for 1 and 1/2 laps. The brakes were toasted before we could really get a good feel or good data.

That is not a slam at Ford. The drivers I use are very good and very fast. They run hard. They are better than I am behind the wheel and I had the same problem with my OE pads on the G8. The CTS-V OE pads for the Camaro were not up to the performance level of the car either. When you really drive hard, very few OE pads are up to the task. That said, a lap and a half is not good.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #21
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Looks are subjective, but performance isn't. And I can attest that this car performs. I can sum up the experience in 3 words: violent and awesome. Thanks Pete, and the rest of the Pedders crew, for inviting us out. Things didn't look to promising at 9am, but the late afternoon was great. Glad I got the chance to (eventually) ride in the Camaro.
I was really happy to have both of you and Kate track side. For the record, John is an exceptionally smooth and technical driver. Chris Brannon has a very different style. Both are fast. John is silky smooth and Chris has a gift for fast by the seat of his pants. We need to get you into a car with Chris so you can feel the difference.

Btw, Gingerman is a relatively low speed track compared to a venue like Road America. Did it feel slow to you?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #22
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngoliver View Post
not gona lie that is a badass looking mustang. dont shoot me for saying that haha
Box stock, the Mustang in terms of heads turning while driving down the street is no comparison to the Camaro. A box stock 5th Gen turns heads as most on the forum already know. Now that the PUSA Mustang has been converted into a Saleen with Pedders in your face red and black paint scheme it turns as many heads as our Camaro. I am looking forward to showing them side by side. That will turn heads.

Maybe I should add a matching Pedderised Challenger to collection....
Old 08-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #23
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:

They are sworn by blood oath, death threats and the spit in your hand and shake moderators solemn vow of secrecy and celibacy until Hot Rod and Mustang Enthusiast release their articles.

Pedders did the development work on both cars. We are doing the Camaro by GMPP license and the Saleen sort of in reverse. We worked with Saleen for a year to develop the Mustang range. Along the way we decided it made no sense for Pedders to compete with Saleen with similar products. The Pedders brand will not have Mustang parts. Pedders Dealers will sell Saleen parts.

In that sense this was a no lose situation for Pedders. I will say that the cars were flawless. They performed at a ridiculous level. They both ran race car speeds and did it on a really hot and humid day with a virgin rain slicked track. We did test a 2011 Mustang with the new 5.0 and Brembo brake upgrade. It is fast and ran well for 1 and 1/2 laps. The brakes were toasted before we could really get a good feel or good data.

That is not a slam at Ford. The drivers I use are very good and very fast. They run hard. They are better than I am behind the wheel and I had the same problem with my OE pads on the G8. The CTS-V OE pads for the Camaro were not up to the performance level of the car either. When you really drive hard, very few OE pads are up to the task. That said, a lap and a half is not good.
Ok. Torture it is then.

Fair enough. I'll wait.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #24
JusticePete

Quote:
Ok. Torture it is then.

Fair enough. I'll wait.
I can tell you it was amazingly close. Imeanitwasthisclose. We collected a huge amount of data. Some will have to wait for release to the magazines and some we will post on the forum. We should have all the video, pictures and data broken down by early next week. I feel like and NFL coach after a game that has to watch the video to see how his team played

All joking aside. we'll look at corner exit speeds, straight away speeds theoretical fastest laps, acceleration between 60 to 80, 60 to 100, braking, tire temps, rotor temps, caliper temps, intercooler temps, etc. We know there isn't much left in the cars, but there is always room to get a bit better. Then there is the analysis of a secret part here and there. I am under the same oath but I will tell you both cars had a new secret bit under final testing that appear headed to market.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #25
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
You are not alone in your thinking. I happen to see it differently. The sheet metal in the rear quarter is so beautifully sculptured that I don't want it hidden by a rear spoiler. The trunk lid is also dramatically shaped. Combined they create sheet metal worthy of a Ferrari or Lamborghini. This is particularly true when the car is lowered. You can fully appreciate the artistry of the design. The form is just awesome. It has been over a year that I have owned my Camaro. Every time I walk up from the rear I appreciate the effort the GM designers put into rear quarter and trunk lid.

For me a rear spoiler is exactly that. It spoils the view. That is just my opinion and judging from what I see and read I am very much in the minority.
I just feel like it looks bald without one, 90% cars look bald without them too IMO. Even that saleen could use a small wing on it similar to the last gen saleens.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #26
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
I can tell you it was amazingly close. Imeanitwasthisclose. We collected a huge amount of data. Some will have to wait for release to the magazines and some we will post on the forum. We should have all the video, pictures and data broken down by early next week. I feel like and NFL coach after a game that has to watch the video to see how his team played

All joking aside. we'll look at corner exit speeds, straight away speeds theoretical fastest laps, acceleration between 60 to 80, 60 to 100, braking, tire temps, rotor temps, caliper temps, intercooler temps, etc. We know there isn't much left in the cars, but there is always room to get a bit better. Then there is the analysis of a secret part here and there. I am under the same oath but I will tell you both cars had a new secret bit under final testing that appear headed to market.
Impressive you guys can get all that data at one time.

You guys got anything that will make my 22 inch wheels perform better?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #27
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
I just feel like it looks bald without one, 90% cars look bald without them too IMO. Even that saleen could use a small wing on it similar to the last gen saleens.
Saleen is developing a wing. GM has in development or has shown a number of different wings. Most people like them. I like them on some cars. I'll put on the Saleen wing when they have one. My Camaro is like the one in a million woman that doesn't need makeup or clothing to look great.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #28
JusticePete

Quote:
Impressive you guys can get all that data at one time.

You guys got anything that will make my 22 inch wheels perform better?
The Camaro computer is really cooperative with a can bus setup. The Mustang computer is not as open to us. A good track side tech is invaluable for collecting data with a pyrometer and high quality air pressure gauge. He comes in handy when the magazines ask you to jack the car up as high as possible and take off all four wheels on a square day (92 degree 92% humidity) day too! Between these tools we have access to data that race teams only dreamed about 10 years ago. That said I have one Dealer who can do an alignment without an alignment machine as accurately or more accurately as any can with a machine. There is no replacement for expertise, but there are tools that make it easier.

Please PM me with your wheel update.