Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #127
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Words cannot express my feelings for the Ellerts and the brotherly feeling I have for Scott, whom I have never met. Their story strikes a cord from my own life. No need to go into the details here but I have been a paramedic over 25 years and worked on my own son and father on separate occasions, both of whom passed away at that time. Those are memories that never leave. So, reading a story like this is a firm reminder to treat each other good all the time...even the Ford and Chrysler clans.

32 years ago I gave up my hugger orange 1969 Camaro SS big block, because the firefighters at the local station said I needed a clean driving record to become a firefighter. I didnt want to risk any (more) tickets so I sold it. It was the BEST CAR I have ever owned. It was a very sad day indeed. Good news is I did become a fireman and then a paramedic. I promised myself someday I would own another Camaro.

In 1992 after my son died I bought a T-bucket (with a big block Chevy!) as a diversion. I joined a car club that was dedicated to raising money for kids charities. In 2000 my career saw a move out of the area and I decided to sell the T-bucket and just wait to find another car that I liked but there were no new Camaros being made.

NOW THERE ARE GREAT CAMAROS BEING MADE and a GREAT MAN WHO LEADS THE CHARGE (Thanks Scott!!!) So I will dive in and buy a new 2011 (with all the gingerbread) very very soon and hope to join the So Cal Chapter and do some more good for children's charities etc. I have been following the Gen 5 pretty much since inception. I have been a member of this online family for over a year. The people on Camaro5 have really shown their good hearts and give good reason as to why I want the car, believe in the group and have faith in humanity. Bless you all!

PS: I already reserved my California Specialized Plate: CAM 2SS

PSS: I have visited at least 6 different Chevrolet dealers in So Cal and educated them on Camaro5.com and the value added to those considering buying a Camaro and those who have bought one. I have committments by several sales managers, even a dealer/owner to direct new buyers to the website! Getting the word out is a good thing.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:42 AM   #128
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
This is a great compliment Scott. Congrats and God Bless.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #129
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
Wow... I can't stop crying !
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #130
Cheetoh

Drives: 2011 Callaway SC572, 2000 Firehawk
Awesome, Awesome thread. Really makes you step back and think about things....
Cheetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #131
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
"……..and with that ‘custodianship’ to which all “Team Camaro” Members have been charged -- comes great responsibility." quote -fbodfather

As i have always said, a Camaro chooses the person who owns it! And by the way fbodfather...you rock.
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #132
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Words cannot express my feelings for the Ellerts and the brotherly feeling I have for Scott, whom I have never met. Their story strikes a cord from my own life. No need to go into the details here but I have been a paramedic over 25 years and worked on my own son and father on separate occasions, both of whom passed away at that time. Those are memories that never leave. So, reading a story like this is a firm reminder to treat each other good all the time...even the Ford and Chrysler clans.

32 years ago I gave up my hugger orange 1969 Camaro SS big block, because the firefighters at the local station said I needed a clean driving record to become a firefighter. I didnt want to risk any (more) tickets so I sold it. It was the BEST CAR I have ever owned. It was a very sad day indeed. Good news is I did become a fireman and then a paramedic. I promised myself someday I would own another Camaro.

In 1992 after my son died I bought a T-bucket (with a big block Chevy!) as a diversion. I joined a car club that was dedicated to raising money for kids charities. In 2000 my career saw a move out of the area and I decided to sell the T-bucket and just wait to find another car that I liked but there were no new Camaros being made.

NOW THERE ARE GREAT CAMAROS BEING MADE and a GREAT MAN WHO LEADS THE CHARGE (Thanks Scott!!!) So I will dive in and buy a new 2011 (with all the gingerbread) very very soon and hope to join the So Cal Chapter and do some more good for children's charities etc. I have been following the Gen 5 pretty much since inception. I have been a member of this online family for over a year. The people on Camaro5 have really shown their good hearts and give good reason as to why I want the car, believe in the group and have faith in humanity. Bless you all!

PS: I already reserved my California Specialized Plate: CAM 2SS

PSS: I have visited at least 6 different Chevrolet dealers in So Cal and educated them on Camaro5.com and the value added to those considering buying a Camaro and those who have bought one. I have committments by several sales managers, even a dealer/owner to direct new buyers to the website! Getting the word out is a good thing.
What a moving story...God bless you....

My dad was a volunteer fireman for 60 years until he died in Sept 2008....

I know how hard you guys/gals work and put your lives on the line everyday saving others...

I am so sorry for your loss....:(

This Camaro is the happiest and most fun car I have ever owned or driven in my life!!!!....

It sure does help me when I am missing my dad so much....

I have met so many people on here and in person at our local meets/cruises too...

I think the new Camaro is a magical car, bringing people together from all walks of life, from all over the world, of all ages, races, and occupations...
Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #133
DUGG

Drives: 2010 Imperial Blue Metallic 2LT
Scott is truly a great guy and a visionary. Too bad we couldn't elect him President or appoint him as Secretary of State or something. The world needs more Scotts. Sorry for your loss.
DUGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #134
ss ZHO

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT (formally 1999 Z28)
That was a very touching read. I am very sorry for your loss. I have a 6 year old daughter and 4 year old boy, and I can't even imagine what I would do if I lost one of them.

Recently I bought a 2011 mustang GT. My son loves the car and always wants to go for a ride (he also excitedly tells his friends about his Dads new car). Its a bit of a hassle having to move the car seat over to my car, but after reading this, I plan on taking him out as much as he likes. Life is precious and we need to make sure we take the time to enjoy it with our loved ones.
ss ZHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #135
REBOURN
2G1FK1EJ3A9106518

Drives: 2010 Red t/c 2SS & 2010 G/SCorvette
Scott, No finer or wiser words could you have spoken and to Dawson's Family all the Best Wishes for the future.
REBOURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #136
mikab

Drives: Orange Metallic with Blk
so nice & refreshing to read after hearing only of the bad & hatred that is being bred in the world today. We should all take the advice of fbodfather & remember "the Golden Rule" & just take a minute before we react...

Thank you Scott for giving us the reminder
mikab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #137
typhoidfvr

Drives: 2010 2SS RS package Black on black
Shows amazing character on part of both of you, not just Scott. Even though he sounds like an amazing person; do not shortchange yourself in the role you play as a father, husband, and friend.
typhoidfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #138
cardsfan09

Drives: SS/RS 6M, '98 Z71 p/u
My father taught me to live by the Golden Rule, and to date it has served me quite well. I find no greater satisfaction in life greater than helping others, even its something as simple as holding a door open for a stranger. Random acts of kindness are significant. I've read this entire thread and it just shows how something simple has gone on to comfort and reassure us that we are all here for a reason, and our biggest challenge in life is to try not to figure out what that reason is, but to continue to be kind to others and be aware that we are all so very fragile and what a wonderful blessing it is to be allowed to experience life. I am proud to be a small part of this Camaro 5 community. Thanks to one and all.
cardsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #139
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Beautiful post - I'm a little teary now....
ditto.

thanks for sharing.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #140
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
My sympathy and prayers go out to you and your family. Scott and many of the prior executives of GM that have been bashed on here and in the press are human and many do have a wonderful sensitivity and caring for their fellow man. I for example have also been on the recieving end of GMs executive Caring. When my first wife Was diagnosed with cancer we had already preordered a new Saturn Sky. Working with my dealer and GM directly they arrainged to get us the first Sky that came into the dealership (The 251st one built), even though we were not the first order that went in. because of their kindness My wife and I got to enjoy our Sky for 4 months together before she could no longer travel. Sadly to say almost 6 months to the day we picked up our Sky she passed away.

For this reason I am a GM Lifer. As long as there is a GM I will buy GM...
they are the Company that cares.

My God bless you and your family and May God Bless Scott "Fbodfather" and all those like him. We are all better off that they are part of our lives...