Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
indigloflow

Drives: Summit White 2ssrs inferno
LOng,,,Regrets??? Maybe, What's your guys thought's? Mature reply's only.

I purchased a 2SS/RS LS3 with a 6 speed transmission, about 5 months ago. I live in K.C. Missouri and I flew to Ohio to get it. It has every option available, 2 tone interior, sunroof, GFX, except for 21 inch wheels (not my cup of tea). Since I purchased it I upgraded the exhaust, sound system, and lowered with a PFADT lowering kit.

Here's the issue.

I saved dollars at a time for the last 5 years with the thought's of buying a corvette a year or two old. I'm 35 and wanted one for is long as I can remember.

I always put my family first, saving for my daughters college, vacations, making sure we had a emergency fund, in case I lost my job, my daughter go's to private school, gymnastics 3 time a week, you get the idea.

I finally saved up 20k to put down on a car, I wanted a vette, but thought it was a bad idea since the whole family couldn't enjoy it together. Mom, Dad, daughter doesn't work well in a vette.

So I wen't for the camaro, which I love. But I'm thinking I made the wrong choice, I've had the camaro for 5 months and only put 1000 miles on it, and every-time a see a new vette, I have regrets.

Long story short from a mature adult perspective, should I bite the bullet take the loss on the camaro and go for a a vette. or just stick with something the whole family can enjoy.

Anyone else have regret's?

Thanks for your input

Jesse
Attached Images

Last edited by indigloflow; 09-15-2010 at 05:41 PM.
indigloflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
your Camaro looks so nice and bad ass. I'd regret getting rid of it! Maybe for a ZR1
Old 09-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Sell me your car. That is sweet.

edit: You are on a Camaro site, so we are all going to love your car. Sorry no real advice.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Hello sir, I am only 16 so im not sure if what i say will mean anything. But to me it seems like you really wish you would have went with the Vette. U are always going to regret that, everyone may not be able to go out at once in the Corvette, but you and your wife can go out at times together or you and your daughter can enjoy time in it. You only live once and you might as well get what you want while you still can. Your family wants you to be happy right? Just like how you want them to be happy. I say you go back and try to get your Corvette and still enjoy it yourself and with your family.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Hmmmmm if its not you than it's not you.. doesn't mean you don't appreciate the car...just that it doesn't suit your tastes... I miss my Duramax...but I don't NEED it at the moment and 4 years from now I'll buy another diesel... Its all in your personal taste.

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
Msthomp

Drives: CGM 2010 SS on order
Honestly, nobody's going to be able to tell you what to do or how to feel. If you "settled" for the Camaro instead of getting it because it's wanted you WANTED, I doubt you'll ever be 100% satisfied, though. It all depends on your personality, though. Some people have the personality type that nothing is ever enough and as soon as they see something that they perceive as being better than what they have, they want it...regardless of how much it costs or how much of a pain it may be to get ahold of or live with. If this is your personality type, getting a vette won't do you any good because as soon as you get it, you'll see supped up Z06's driving around...or ZR1's...or worse--a Ferrarri...and you'll still have car envy even though you've finally purchased your vette.

If, however, the vette is what you want because it's what you REALLY want...not just because you don't have one...then, hell, go for it I guess.

I bought my Camaro because, after months of research, I determined that's what I wanted. It was the fasted thing in it's price bracket and had the looks to go with it. After taking ownership of it, they announced the Mustang 5.0 that would be faster, lighter, and cheaper (depending what you put on it.) However, I wasn't upset at all. As I said in my own post, my coworker just took ownership of a 5.0 and I saw it at work today...it's beautiful and great piece of automotive work...but, I wouldn't trade my Camaro for it...or anything, really.

It all depends on your perspective.

-sorry for the long, tedious answer-

"I'm a boy who appreciates a good body, regardless of the make."

Msthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Nice looking car by the way. I love the painted GFX. Anyhow, does the family really enjoy it or are you the one in it most of the time? For me I know exactly what your talking about, in wanting to include your family in your toys ,but do they really enjoy it? I did the same thing ,but my wife and eight year old girl could really care less about it and rarely ride in it. If that's your case, then buy the vette if that's the car you really love.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #8
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Vette = no back seats
Both = fun
Keep it and try meditation to calm down.
No remorse, you have a beautiful car.
Save your $$ and enjoy it.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
James4086

Drives: Black 2017 ZL1
I agree with snoopyace. Unless you are going for a mega vette, EVERYONE recognizes the camaro, not to mention that you have the ls3, which is the old vette engine anyway. Sure, people recognize the vette too, BUT I can't count the times when kids and grownups alike just stop what they are doing to gawk at my car as it passes by. Not to mention that the camaro made good grades in the "good road trip vehicle" in a recent study. (The name of the company that did the study and the parameters of the study escape me at the moment, but it was at the top of the class)

Now, on the other hand, if you want reasons not to have a camaro, this probably isn't the best place to look. lol
Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
427Carl
427CARL

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6speed
Send a message via Yahoo to 427Carl
regrets in Canada

I bought(April) a red 2000 SS Camaro Conv (from California) I didn't love it, so I went back (June) and bought, from the same dealer, his 2010 Mustang GT conv.. I thought this was it! conv with a/c! I was not happy:( My wife found a IOM SS/RS at GM dealer and we traded.. Cost me a lot, to get what i should have bought at first You have a great car there.. Shop it around, and someone will grab you, and give you a smokin deal on a Vette... DO IT my 2 cents Carl at Canada
Old 09-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #11
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
If you have regrets, you know what you have to do.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #12
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Get the car you lust after... You only live once... Sounds to me like you are very responsible with your money and taking care of your family so treat yourself if that's the car of your dreams...

My .02
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #13
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
This life is not practice for the next. You get one, and only one, go-round.

Go buy your Vette.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:20 PM   #14
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Have a car that few have, or have a car that every old guy with a mid life crisis (and jerk off with an attitude) has? Man tough choice there.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote