Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #15
TwoEcho
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-Imperial Blue
Been pulled over once. By a cop in an unmarked supercharged Charger that was egging me to race. It was nighttime, I had just pulled out of the Air Base and I didn't realize it was an officer. We gunned it a little bit, egging each other back and forth. Then as I was getting ready to hit it, he flashed the lights and pulled me over. Luckily he just wanted to see the car. It was a weird, but cool situation...

TwoEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #16
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Cop car was in front of us, and gets behind us JUST to give us a tint ticket...

Felt like he was just going after us because we had a new camaro...talk about lame...

Is your tint to dark?

And to your second point, I am sure that no cops have Camaros of their own either......

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
No and no , the problem is the cops have a book with all the cars models and they go around given tickets to every one model on the book ,then they have this kind of party and show each other the ones [new] on the file , and that's all there is to it !!!:m ad0259:
My picture didn't work out here.

Sounds kinda like a tinfoil hat situation here.....

Last edited by Scrappy Doo; 10-07-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #17
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
First of all, to the OP, if you weren't breaking any laws then exercise your rights and take the ticket to court to fight it. If you weren't in the wrong, you don't have to pay. Second, wth is this comparing models nonsense? I hope that was sarcasm and I'm just too tired to pick up on it...??
Finally, there are plenty of cops on this forum that are proud camaro owners, myself being one of them. Those of you who were 'singled out', that sucks. Sounds like there may have been more to it (you never know what kind of info was put out on certain cars. i.e. drug runners like fast cars like camaros to get around. maybe the cop was fishing for something bigger and used your speed to look for it..maybe he was just a jerk, who knows)
In any case, PLEASE don't start another cop-bashing thread on here....they all end up with people complaining, others defending, cops explaining reasons, etc. It's worn itself out a little.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #18
WOLFINN_2SS
Wuf! Wuf! *Low Growl*

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 IBM/S HUD SR ATAK
They like the car.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #19
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
Is your tint to dark?

And to your second point, I am sure that no cops have Camaros of their own either......
Well, I guess it doesn't help when it's a white car with tints...UGH... and this is why I like white so much too... black and white contrast
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #20
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
No, but I have been tailgated and pulled over for not moving out of the officers way. He didnt have his lights on while tailgating me, and I was going the speed limit on the highway. Was pissed off he was so close so I stuck to my lane. He must of gotta upset with my failure to move so he pulled me over and gave me a verbal warning for failing to yield to an officer.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #21
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
You never realize how agonizingly slow 25mph is in some areas till you have a cop on your @$$ for a few miles.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #22
KARR48

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Imperial Blue
I was out on a country road comming up to a stop sign running 58 in a 55, when I seen a State Trooper turn onto the road, start to accelerate, then as I met him, he got hard on the brakes and flipped a u-turn. By this time I had already come to the stop sign, stopped and turned right. He then went straight through the stop sign accelerated hard and got right on my bumper, then followed me 10 miles into town. Finally turned off when he decided he wasn't gonna catch the "Sports Car" doing something wrong. Not saying all LEO's do this, but was very annoying at the time.
KARR48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #23
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
You never realize how agonizingly slow 25mph is in some areas till you have a cop on your @$$ for a few miles.
Yes I do, and I feel like a hypocrite going 25. I always wonder what the cop is thinking. He must realize that I am going 25 because of him. I get worried that he will ticket me for pissing him off by holding him up. I am not curious enough to speed up though.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #24
Brettscamaro
BrettsCamaro

Drives: Black 2ss Rs
In my 2010 black on black with tinted windows and black bowties all around it was so hard to drive anywhere except local, the town over was the worst..I remember one day I was at the exit leaving a recreation center and a cop past me and pulled over so I was very hesitant but I went and as soon as I was in front of him bang lights on breaking my balls for a front plate. He let me go and about 10 minutes later Im at a light down the road and a different cop same town pulls me over (nonetheless) my windows are DOWN and he pulls me over says I knowyou have tints and nailed me with that ticket. Now Im in the white 2011 2ss rs and no problems..guess they dont know its me yet :p
Brettscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #25
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettscamaro View Post
In my 2010 black on black with tinted windows and black bowties all around it was so hard to drive anywhere except local, the town over was the worst..I remember one day I was at the exit leaving a recreation center and a cop past me and pulled over so I was very hesitant but I went and as soon as I was in front of him bang lights on breaking my balls for a front plate. He let me go and about 10 minutes later Im at a light down the road and a different cop same town pulls me over (nonetheless) my windows are DOWN and he pulls me over says I knowyou have tints and nailed me with that ticket. Now Im in the white 2011 2ss rs and no problems..guess they dont know its me yet :p
That second cop was SUCH a douchebag... I bet that's why they signed up to be one in the first place...they like authority given power...

If he wasn't a cop, he'd be a tiny weasel...
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #26
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdog67 View Post
Has anyone else been tailgated by police or issued a ticket because they thought you were speeding (for example, you're in a pack of cars and you get the ticket while no one else gets one, especially if your cruise control is set on the speed limit)?
No one else gets one? Well they can only pull over one car. They should have a reason for it (it's called probable cause). If not, they will throw the ticket out. But if you were speeding, you were speeding. I don't think there's many places that pull you over for no reason.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #27
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
I f you want to be a ticket magnet have the hood stripes applied. Nothing stands out more than a car with stripes. You can pick it out of a pack of cars 2 miles away.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #28
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
No one else gets one? Well they can only pull over one car. They should have a reason for it (it's called probable cause). If not, they will throw the ticket out. But if you were speeding, you were speeding. I don't think there's many places that pull you over for no reason.
Clearly you are delusional...Every cop is out to get each and every one of them, the govt is listening to their phone calls while the aliens watch them sleep.

I am ALL for treating your car with respect, care and hell...even loving the damn thing...but you would think some people who drive these cars think they drive hundred thousand dollar lambos with the way people think cops profile them. Incase you haven't noticed, most larger cities and their cops will come across more than 2 or 3 camaros in a day..

Cops aren't hunting to stop you for nothing...if a cop sped up to see your car because its nice and DIDNT stop you..I really don't know what you are bitching about if a cop pulls of a side road when he was behind you...If a cop is tailgating you, maybe he has a call and doesn't care about how you are driving or your car. Many calls are not labeled as "emergency response" such as residential alarms, but cops have to get their QUICKLY..as I would assume you all want if it was your alarm. If you got a ticket for something, take responsibility. If he hits you...your car will be fixed. Fault immediately lies on an officer when he rear-ends someone regardless if his emergency equipment was activated or not...

While this may not justify tailgating..I can promise you there is generally a decent reason besides disrespecting all of you guys...I love this car. It is the best damn car I have ever owned, in my opinion the best looking on the road..but it is a car...ONLY a car. Get over yourselves...
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.

Last edited by brantley847; 10-07-2010 at 03:02 PM.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote