Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #29
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Last one I got was how can you afford this???
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #30
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I pulled up to my barbershop in a stripmall, two of the barbers were at the doorway. One asked me what kind of a car is that I'm driving. One thought it was a Challenger and the other thought it was a Mustang. Gee whiz folks are my thoughts.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #31
thegame

Drives: searching
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROndrey View Post
This isn't weird but it was really depressing for the other guy. We were pumping gas next to each other and the Vette '94 owner started complimenting how nice the new Camaro was and how much he liked the IBM color.

He then moved onto the engine and asked how much HP it had. I told him it was V6 304hp. His smile faded quickly as he told me his '94 had a V8 300hp.

Times have certainly changed!
You do have a beautiful car but I don't think his smile should fade too much. An LT1 vette is still faster than the V6 5th gen Camaros. More tq and much less weight. No offense.
thegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #32
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
On two different occasions someone has asked me if that thing has the "HEMI" in it. With which I reply "NO", this is a Chevy Camaro.
I would have said, "Yeah it has a couple, they're stuck in the tread of my tires beeyotch!!"
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #33
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
I usually just get "nice car" but a lot of people ask me what it is. The last guy said it was so cool looking, like a spaceship.

I've seen many people take pics of it as I drive by. A guy driving behind me once snapped a pic and a lady in the passenger seat of a car passing me also took a pic. That feels a bit odd.

Once, a girl was showing her friend a pic of a cool car she saw and asked if she knew what it was. My daughter said "let me see". So the girl showed her and my daughter said "That's my mom's new Camaro." LOL
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #34
aet08

Drives: c
"WOW that new mustang looks awesome!"
aet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #35
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
I stopped at Sears to pick up some items for home and on the way back to the car, a mom was taking pics of her daughter plus two friends mugging for the camera next to my Camaro. I was irked 'cause I think they were leaning on it, but wasn't sure, since my view was partially blocked. They beat feet when I was walking toward them.

The clerk at the corner gas station always grumps at me because he "forgot his camera again" when I fill up. He says he wants to show his girlfriend.
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #36
Not His

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro, IBM/LT1/RS
Mostly teenage boys get my car confused with a Mustang or Challenger and I have to set them straight.

The most irritating comment actually came from a close friend. My husbands best friend had the nerve to crouch outside the passenger side while I was waiting to pick up my son, and proceeded to tell me how much he can't stand the looks of the new camaro, how much he doesn't like the front end (looks too mean), and how much he likes the Mustangs better. For two days he said things like this to me. I finally had to let him know that he was tickin' me off.

Who does that????
Not His is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #37
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
When I was at a stoplight, the truck next to me complimented my car. I said thanks!

He then went on to tell me how his truck is worth $45,000 and how it's not really an SS, he just put the badges there....

That was weird...
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #38
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not His View Post
Mostly teenage boys get my car confused with a Mustang or Challenger and I have to set them straight.

The most irritating comment actually came from a close friend. My husbands best friend had the nerve to crouch outside the passenger side while I was waiting to pick up my son, and proceeded to tell me how much he can't stand the looks of the new camaro, how much he doesn't like the front end (looks too mean), and how much he likes the Mustangs better. For two days he said things like this to me. I finally had to let him know that he was tickin' me off.

Who does that????
Jealousy has an effect on people like that.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #39
CrazyDan

Drives: 2011 SS
Why would I want a 5.0 when I can have a 6.2
amazing how little people know about our cars but have tons of crappy advise.
CrazyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #40
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not His View Post

Who does that????
Sounds like he was jealous and wanted to talk down the car to feel better. It's really no different than walking into someones home and telling them how ugly & gawdawful it is... because theirs is actually uglier.
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #41
roccky08

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White/Beige Interior
This maybe a little different from what the OP asked, but I would like to share.

While I was filling up, a guy came over and asked if I wanted to race his challenger. He showed me several pics of him with his car from his phone and I congratulated him for having a very nice looking car. He told me that he could beat my Camaro with his eyes closed. I told him that I don't street race and began asking him questions about his car.

I asked him, how big are those new wheels, he said 22", I was like ok (+1 for me)

I asked if it was an R/T or SRT8? He responded it's a challenger. I responded duh I know, I can tell by the picture.

I asked if it had any type of forced induction or upgraded cam. He looked
at me clueless and responded, I don't know.

I asked, do you have any engine mods? He said nope.

So I asked what Hemi does he have in order to educate him. Again clueless. So I asked him politely because he had me intrigued. "When you got your challenger what version of it did you get?" He told me well the cheapest one with a bunch of options at around $32k".

I responded, your car is very nice and you most likely have the Challenger SE it's not a HEMI. it's a V6 and I have an SS. He said he would crush me.

I Finally asked "explain to me how a v6 on a heavier car with 300 some HP could beat a lighter v8 with 426HP". He said "cause is fast"!!

I told him "nice ride but I have to go, and do yourself a favor, before you go out asking people to race educate yourself with your vehicle so you wont look like a fool."
- Pfadt End-links - Installed
- Pfadt Strut Tower Brace - Pending
- BMR Trailing Arm - Installed
- BMR Toe Rod - Installed
Thank you Vengeance Racing for install and recommendation
Thank you Borla for the ATAK Exhaust
roccky08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:06 PM   #42
6bloodychunks

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccky08 View Post
This maybe a little different from what the OP asked, but I would like to share.

While I was filling up, a guy came over and asked if I wanted to race his challenger. He showed me several pics of him with his car from his phone and I congratulated him for having a very nice looking car. He told me that he could beat my Camaro with his eyes closed. I told him that I don't street race and began asking him questions about his car.

I asked him, how big are those new wheels, he said 22", I was like ok (+1 for me)

I asked if it was an R/T or SRT8? He responded it's a challenger. I responded duh I know, I can tell by the picture.

I asked if it had any type of forced induction or upgraded cam. He looked
at me clueless and responded, I don't know.

I asked, do you have any engine mods? He said nope.

So I asked what Hemi does he have in order to educate him. Again clueless. So I asked him politely because he had me intrigued. "When you got your challenger what version of it did you get?" He told me well the cheapest one with a bunch of options at around $32k".

I responded, your car is very nice and you most likely have the Challenger SE it's not a HEMI. it's a V6 and I have an SS. He said he would crush me.

I Finally asked "explain to me how a v6 on a heavier car with 300 some HP could beat a lighter v8 with 426HP". He said "cause is fast"!!

I told him "nice ride but I have to go, and do yourself a favor, before you go out asking people to race educate yourself with your vehicle so you wont look like a fool."

gotta love stupid people
10/09/2010 - (4800) Vehicle on final destination route
10/19/2010 - (5000) delivered to dealer
11/19/2010 - (6000) delivered to customer

6bloodychunks is offline   Reply With Quote