Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 10-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #29
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@MagnaCharger View Post
This is going to be your biggest problem. Because your ticket says "Misdemeanor" and not "Infraction" you will not be able to do trial by written declaration. You will have to show up in court because they are charging you with a Criminal Offense. You will also need an attorney (whether you have a Public Defender or provide your own attorney).
Misd. traffic is taken care of in traffic court all of the time and you should not have a problem doing a trial by dec. and will not need an attorney. Call the number on the cite (Traffic Division) and ask a court clerk about the dec or if the 100+ is a mandatory appearance.

Have you recieved any paperwork from the court yet?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #30
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
When I've been tagged for going over 100MPH, which has happened more than a couple of times in my years of driving, they make you appear. The Judge in my experience likes to stare you down after reading the violations. I did bring the Pomona court to laughter on one visit when I saw the cop was there and changed my plea to no contest and request traffic school. Hmmm, Judge wasn't sympathetic, I guess they frown on speeding 100+MPH.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #31
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
Try to request that you get the ticket moved to another court (like San Diego). Say you're moving to San Diego and that's where you'll be in 15-20 days after the arraignment. Schedule it for a Friday (if you can)... There's a lot less change the cop will drive all the way to San Diego on a Friday for a court date + you get a long weekend / vacation out of it. I went to court one time and there was a guy in there that got a speeding ticket by CHP in Fresno or Sacramento or something. Obviously the cop wasn't there and the judge had to let him off. Disclaimer - that was for CHP, not LAPD / Airport though. However, you were on a California Highway at the time.
Good luck, and please don't speed like that again... you put us all at risk.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #32
surfsidedetail

Drives: audi a4
I don't know if I lucked out or what but I received the ticket on the 9/30/2010 and now 27 days later the ticket is still not in the LA Superior Court System. It says to wait up to 21 days for information. I never received any reminder notice etc. I do not want to go to court or file a trial by declaration if the ticket was never processed? Any ideas? I'm not celebrating yet but I'm semi-relieved
surfsidedetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #33
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
What is the court date on the bottom of the cite? Have you used this yet?--> http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/traff...rchTicket.aspx
Old 10-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #34
surfsidedetail

Drives: audi a4
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 View Post
What is the court date on the bottom of the cite? Have you used this yet?--> http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/traff...rchTicket.aspx
Yes I've used that and the court date written is November 16th. I searched by citation number on the site as well as my driver's license.
surfsidedetail is offline   Reply With Quote