Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #813
CamaroDood

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Lt/RS
hey guys this may seem like a dumb question but is it bad/harmful to install an exhaust system(Mrt V2) without having an aftermarket Cold Air Intake? I just saved enough for the system, but dont have enough for the airraid intake as well....what'd yall think
?
CamaroDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:02 AM   #814
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDood View Post
hey guys this may seem like a dumb question but is it bad/harmful to install an exhaust system(Mrt V2) without having an aftermarket Cold Air Intake? I just saved enough for the system, but dont have enough for the airraid intake as well....what'd yall think
?
The only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked . But to answer your question, no it is not bad at all to just install the exhaust system. A CAI is never required to install an exhaust system.
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #815
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRoyalFlush View Post
The only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked . But to answer your question, no it is not bad at all to just install the exhaust system. A CAI is never required to install an exhaust system.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:00 PM   #816
CamaroDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRoyalFlush View Post
Cool thanks Royal! I should be ordering my MRT middle of this week
Old 10-31-2010, 08:18 PM   #817
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
Quote:
Cool thanks Royal! I should be ordering my MRT middle of this week
No problem! Cool, I'm sure you'll love it Be sure to tell us when you install them
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #818
P. Ham

Drives: IOM 2LT/RS
So the 2.0 for the ground effects does not come with tips? I'm such a noob at this. I just thought the raw ends that were on it were good enough. I just had my shop who's installing the exhaust call me to see what tips they should put on it (which will be another expense). So are tips required or is the shop calling because it looks unfinished? Anybody here put tips on the GFX version? What should I do? I told him to look for square tips if possible.

It's not polite to stare.
P. Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #819
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
I was not aware that MRT sold a set for the GFX version. Only thing I ever seen is with tips. They should look like this.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #820
P. Ham

Ya those are the non-GFX version which look nice. But the one for GFX has a flared out ends. You can see more info here: http://store.mrt-direct.com/91a180.html

Last edited by P. Ham; 11-01-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old 11-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #821
CamaroDood

i have one more question before i make my purchase. Will dealerships still do scheduled maintenances/services if they see aftermarket exhaust, and intake??
Old 11-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #822
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
i have one more question before i make my purchase. Will dealerships still do scheduled maintenances/services if they see aftermarket exhaust, and intake??
shouldn't be an issue at all. but always safe to ask them first I guess if you are that worried about it.

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #823
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Yes, they shouldn't give you a hassle and if they do then you need to find a new dealership...

Local dealer did warranty work on my differential... intake, headers, mrt ver 2.0 and lowered... they never even blinked...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #824
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Ham View Post
So the 2.0 for the ground effects does not come with tips? I'm such a noob at this. I just thought the raw ends that were on it were good enough. I just had my shop who's installing the exhaust call me to see what tips they should put on it (which will be another expense). So are tips required or is the shop calling because it looks unfinished? Anybody here put tips on the GFX version? What should I do? I told him to look for square tips if possible.
I think it is because they looked unfinished... I think they are meant to be installed as is without tips... I've only seen one car with the GFX version installed.... and it was without tips... got a picture around here some where..
Old 11-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #825
P. Ham

I got off the phone with Larry from MRT (super nice guy btw ) and he explained that the tips on the 2.0 w/ GFX simply slip into the existing stock tips. So does that mean the tips, which flare out on the 2.0, sit inside the square chrome housing of the GFX or that they actually slip into the tips of the actual stock exhaust? The shop guy says he would have to make another cut to do that. I think this is becoming far more difficult than it should be.

Edit: I think you just answered my question scrming. If you find a pic please post. I will search the forums for one.

Edit 2: Btw, I may end up having the shop put square tips on anyway. I think it will look nicer, but I guess that means they will have to cut back the ends in order to weld new tips.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #826
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Ham View Post
I got off the phone with Larry from MRT (super nice guy btw ) and he explained that the tips on the 2.0 w/ GFX simply slip into the existing stock tips. So does that mean the tips, which flare out on the 2.0, sit inside the square chrome housing of the GFX or that they actually slip into the tips of the actual stock exhaust? The shop guy says he would have to make another cut to do that. I think this is becoming far more difficult than it should be.

Edit: I think you just answered my question scrming. If you find a pic please post. I will search the forums for one.
They just slide into the big square GFX opening...