Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #15
ablanco

Drives: 04 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Ooo... a comercial during the Superbowl would be cool. Could you imagine how expensive that timeslot would be though?... Youch!!!
I heard on the local sport radio channel that a 30 second spot on the Super Bowl will run you a cool 3 million dollars. Normally commericials run for 45 seconds to 1 min. Hopefully GM spends some cash on the Super Bowl ad if their is one.
ablanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #16
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablanco View Post
I heard on the local sport radio channel that a 30 second spot on the Super Bowl will run you a cool 3 million dollars. Normally commericials run for 45 seconds to 1 min. Hopefully GM spends some cash on the Super Bowl ad if their is one.
While I'd love to see a Camaro commercial during the Super Bowl, I'd just hate to hear from all the media about how GM is wasting the loan money that was given to them to keep them operating. Anyone remember the fallout that Chrysler had when they ran full-page thank you ads after getting approval for the loans?

How in the hell is GM supposed to sell these cars if they can't spend money to tell people about them?
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #17
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
While I'd love to see a Camaro commercial during the Super Bowl, I'd just hate to hear from all the media about how GM is wasting the loan money that was given to them to keep them operating. Anyone remember the fallout that Chrysler had when they ran full-page thank you ads after getting approval for the loans?

How in the hell is GM supposed to sell these cars if they can't spend money to tell people about them?
but the best advertising ...will be when we get our cars and people see and hear them on the streets...
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #18
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'm an insanely selfish SOB apparently. I want GM to have great success with this and other cars because I want them to be able to continue to service them. But I don't want people to see them until they see 'ME IN MINE!!!! Muuuuhaaaaaahhhaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
:fighting0040:
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #19
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Damn

Man just reading that got me pumped, maybe you should aid in the creation of the new commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
I honestly can not wait until I see the first ever 2010 Camaro commercial. It needs to be out of this world. The commercial must evoke every emotion the human mind has. Chills running down your spine, blood pumping faster and faster threw your veins… Something that’s so “badassery” that evil can’t look it in the face…

Attachment 12872
D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #20
Cyberfan

Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Corvette NEVER runs ads. GM makes money on them, but sales are such a small % that I think it is like a drop in the bucket.

But a lot of people still don't know about the Camaro, much less what it looks like. Once they see it on TV, it may start to sell itself. And I think there have been some ugly Camaros and Firebirds over the years, so no blind brand loyalty here!! But this one is a home run!!
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote