Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Tufduc

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1 (Black)
Send a message via Skype™ to Tufduc
keyless entry not working

So i took my SS2 in for its first oil change yesterday and when i got her back the keyless entry (keychain thingy) was not working and the chime was going off in the car.

Anyway they took it back in and found out that something in the steering column was sticking what was making the car think that the key was still in the ignition.

All is fixed now but i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, maybe this will result in a recall
2014 Camaro ZL1 #1395 Roto-Fab CIA
Tufduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Probably not going to be a recall. Most likely was a service tech leaving something out of alignment.

Also, you do understand that recall doesn't mean you get a new car. It just means that you need to take your car to the dealership asap.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
Tufduc

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1 (Black)
Send a message via Skype™ to Tufduc
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Also, you do understand that recall doesn't mean you get a new car. It just means that you need to take your car to the dealership asap.
Of course, and the dealer fixed it very quickly. I was just curious if this has been a common problem

take care
2014 Camaro ZL1 #1395 Roto-Fab CIA
Tufduc is offline   Reply With Quote