Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-22-2010, 12:36 AM   #15
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
My husband asked me point blank "does my driving make you nervous?" Looking at me while he's driving down the highway. Watching for deer out along the treeline. Playing with the buttons and knobs, and wandering across the fog line while doing so.
"Yes" I say.
He had the nerve to look offended. I'm the better driver in our house. I sympathize with the OP. I married the male version of his wife.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:05 AM   #16
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof
I say put on your seatbelt, tell her to enjoy driving it how she is comfortable, and sit back and enjoy the ride. It doesn't sound like she's doing anything that would kill the two of you, just don't give her crap for how she drives it...A car can be replaced or fixed, 33 years is pretty tough to match no matter how you look at it...

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:12 AM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I NEVER have and NEVER will sit in the passenger seat while Bonnie drives. NOT because I don't trust her to drive right, but becaue I just feel beter driving. There was one occasion where I had to due to being up for over 36 hours and starting to fall asleep. And I was wide awake anyway the rest of the way home. I might as well have just driven.

We own a business and work together every day. 25 mile trip to work and even if we leave at the same time, we still drive different cars to work. It cost twice as much on gas, but it's worth it.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:44 AM   #18
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
My wife hates my camaro too! She got over it and we don't talk about it anymore.. It's best to enjoy your camaro alone, and keep your wife !

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:32 AM   #19
KP MOVN
"Keep Movin With Kellie"

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I NEVER have and NEVER will sit in the passenger seat while Bonnie drives. NOT because I don't trust her to drive right, but becaue I just feel beter driving. There was one occasion where I had to due to being up for over 36 hours and starting to fall asleep. And I was wide awake anyway the rest of the way home. I might as well have just driven.

We own a business and work together every day. 25 mile trip to work and even if we leave at the same time, we still drive different cars to work. It cost twice as much on gas, but it's worth it.
Ronnie had to go buy his own Camaro a few weeks ago because I wouldn't share mine. It's weird how attached we get with our cars. He says I love Scarlett more than him. Now we go take both cars to the meets and the track and we will be driving separate to C5 Fest 2011.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:40 AM   #20
gmpartsman00
Back on "The Darkside"

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3) RJT
That's why I bought my car with a 6spd manual. My wife doesn't know how to drive stick
Old 11-22-2010, 05:47 AM   #21
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogey View Post
My wife and I have been married 33 years. She is, or used to be, depending on my mood, an excellant driver. This weekend due to unusual circumatance we had to make an 8 hour drive. After 5 hours I turned the car over to her for a couple of hours. She now tells me that the whole time she had a death grip on the wheel and was uptight because I did things like put my foot down (the imaginary brake pedal) and "grimaced" and that she hated the drive. What she doesn't know is that I have been doing that for several years now, mainly because she drives too damn slow, and also slams on the Brembos everytime she stops instead of anticipating the stop and slowing down a little.
She blames all of this on my love for the Camaro. Apparently, with our other cars she din't give a shite if she mashed them into something, it's "just you and that damn Camaro".
Should I get rid of her, or the Camaro, or is there a therapist out there that can give me some advice.
I don't know if this is serious or not. Assuming you are, and you're considering divorce, there are probably more issues than just the Camaro. Seek a qualified therapist, not an internet therapist. Would you want someone on the internet diagnosing your sickness and telling you what to do with it? Probably not.

Sometimes, I feel the same way about my wife's driving. I just try to concentrate on other things. Bring a book to read, maybe an iPod to listen to music with, just something to occupy your time so you're not watching the road. For some people, when they are being watched, it's much harder for them to do a task than for others. Just try to comfort her and let her know that you're not judging her and you'll do your best not to react to her driving.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 AM   #22
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I hope this thread is intended to be joke. If not, I really feel for someone that puts things ahead of people. It just a car. They make them every day. If your using the car as a reason to get rid of your wife, I think you need to sit down and look at what's really going on. My wife don't like my car either ,but you know what she doesn't have to.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:04 AM   #23
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #24
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
3700 miles on the car now I have drove MOST all of them.(miles on clock when i got it)
I let my girl drive it home from the local shop.(I picked up my truck W/ camper in tow)
the kids said the car made grinding noise every time she went to shift. She nolonger has the spare key.just not worth the truble.we have LOTs of things to drive.....the camaro is for ME!
P.S. last motorcycle race i crashed pretty bad dislocated my shoulder. she drove the first 10 miles home.we had my 6 speed dodge dually with camper in tow.I asked her to pull over and let me drive just help shift the gears for me.
I feel your pain.

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #25
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I'm not a Psychiatrist, but I play one on the internet.

... It sounds like you have Thanatophobia.

There's medication to temporarily relieve the symptoms... See your doctor.

lib·er·ty
/ˈlibərdē/
noun
the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:24 AM   #26
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Hmmm... I say you two should visit the the former drill sergeant therapist

Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #27
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I solved this porblem before I even bought my camaro....she had a dream car in mind for her....but that was a few years away...so I went out and got her one NOW, a Caddy STS, nice comfy ride, almost a year latter, she TOLD ME to got get the Camaro, like she needed to do that, lol. When we are going somewhere in the Camaro, I DRIVE, regardless of how far it is, in the last 14 months, she has driving it once, she took it to work the first week to show it off to teh guys that work with her. IF we are taking the Caddy, sometimes she drive s, sometimes me, just depends on if she wants to drive or not, its up to her.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:50 AM   #28
Trailnut

Drives: '15 Colorado, '73 C/10
Cheaper to keeper!