Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #29
Gib

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, RJT 04 Silverado
I say, nuke their ass and take their gas!

The politicians need us to drive electrics and ride bikes so they can fuel their private jets and armored limos.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #30
Max
Banned

Drives: 06 Roush Supercharged GT 427HP
i did'nt vote for him......
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #31
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
You are guys are making a big deal of nothing really.
Can anyone say DIESEL
Old 01-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #32
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
I know it sucks but we have to become energy independent. But what do you think fuels the plants that make electricity. Well most of them are coal fired. More electric we use the more coal burned.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #33
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
You are guys are making a big deal of nothing really.
Can anyone say DIESEL
I predict that it will be even more impossible to get a diesel car to clear California emissions standards that it already is. California has been the main reason we don't see many diesel cars already. And notice how much HP/torque the current diesel cars make... not much. They are extremely limited due to emissions standards on diesels.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:46 PM   #34
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
I predict that it will be even more impossible to get a diesel car to clear California emissions standards that it already is. California has been the main reason we don't see many diesel cars already. And notice how much HP/torque the current diesel cars make... not much. They are extremely limited due to emissions standards on diesels.
There's plenty of diesel trucks here. I don't see the problem with having a diesel car. Emission standards aren't as strict as some of you may think.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #35
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
There's plenty of diesel trucks here. I don't see the problem with having a diesel car. Emission standards aren't as strict as some of you may think.
Trucks are held to different standards. It's done by weight of the vehicle. Notice there's no small diesel trucks here either. They have diesel Colorados in other countries.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #36
Parker

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Someone should make an electric gyroscope enhanced vehicle so you can counteract all the battery weight. Or more things like the t rex car motorcycle thing.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #37
Parker

Quote:
They're cracking down on that in CA too. Low sulfur fuel and what not.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #38
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
They make it sound so easy to just plug in your car everytime you want to use it, and unplug it whenever you want to go to the store. Wait till people have to put up with that hassle. Its like getting gas everytime you want to use your car and every time when when you get home.
Lots of fun to do in the rain, wind, or when its snowing outside and your plug cord is frozen into the ground. People will NOT like electric cars unless they live in California. And in California the cars won't run long enough to get thru the traffic jams on your way home from work.
I hope Nancy Pelosi gets one first and is not allowed to have a gas powered vehicle. Lets see what she thinks of it then. And send her the bill for the billions of dollars that the government is requiring the manfacturers to spend on this junk too. Trust me...electric cars will not go over well with the majority of the public.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #39
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
blow up california.

seriously. get it off the damn map. ever read the "This product has been known to cause cancer in California" stickers? its not the product. its the fact that the 98million people that live there live and breath in that toxic mess they call an atmosphere. with the amount of cars there that sit on the road for hours a day idling away in traffic, yeah, THEY can worry about cutting back on emissions. but the sad little fact (that they dont want to accept) is that the rest of the damn country doesnt put out the amount of emissions that they do. blow the whole damn place up I say.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #40
nitrous

Drives: 2007 Mini Cooper S
BMW devised a hydrogen "combustion engine" it continues to be extensively field tested

It uses hydrogen and works just like a regular engine, even sounds close to one. Only emmission is water

So it is possible in the future we will have hydrogen V8 engines in our Camaros!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #41
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
BMW devised a hydrogen "combustion engine" it continues to be extensively field tested
Hydrogen car after a wreck...

I know, I know it won't actually do that but they can go "boom" since the tank is highly compressed.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #42
Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
blow up california.

seriously. get it off the damn map. ever read the "This product has been known to cause cancer in California" stickers? its not the product. its the fact that the 98million people that live there live and breath in that toxic mess they call an atmosphere. with the amount of cars there that sit on the road for hours a day idling away in traffic, yeah, THEY can worry about cutting back on emissions. but the sad little fact (that they dont want to accept) is that the rest of the damn country doesnt put out the amount of emissions that they do. blow the whole damn place up I say.
Hey I live there!!!

Why can't you say +15 mile commuters blow up? I think they're the real problem. I drive maybe 3-4 miles a day to and from work with a stop somewhere maybe. I see more trucks than anything else and they're never hauling anything. I'm not going to say get rid of trucks, just don't commute long distances in one. Also the metrorail and my beach cruiser save so much time and money if I need to go into La or get to the beach. I wish more people would use it.