Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Texas is Racking up another Staff !

After a much unexpected Terrible season everyone knows Texas had let 3 coaches go and 1 went off to take over a very well known Florida Team.

After a few weeks of looking Texas has replaced

Former defensive coordinator Will Muschamp with Mississippi States defensive coordinator Manny Diaz. Texas brought Manny in for his Fire he uses towards players and his ability to Recruit.

Texas also brought New defensive tackles coach Bo Davis from Alabama who currently has been under Nick Saban since LSU and Alabama.

And last but not least Texas hired former Oklahoma sooner Coach and recruiter and Kansas WR coach of one year Darrell Wyatt.
Wyatt is known best as a recruiter who brought players like
Adrian peterson , Quentin Griffin , Ryan Broyles , Sam Bradford into the OU program.

Left to fill Offensive Cordinator and Offensive line coach.

Both Boise State offensive cordinator Harsin and Wisconsin offensive cordinator Chryst have both interviewed however no offers have been made just yet.

Should be interesting to see who actually gets that position there are also a few others who are about to be brought in however those have not been released as to who they are.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Although I'm not a UT fan, I am a huge fan of Austin. What an awesome place to live. If I was a coach, you wouldn't have a hard time convincing me to coach at UT. What a great set up! Those guys should be in the running for a championship every year. I mean, you've got one of the best cities in the world, you're in football heaven for recruiting, great facilities, great fans and alumni.........They've got it all. I'm not a huge Mac Brown fan. Seems like an odd guy to me. Let's see if he can make a comeback. If not, someone else will succeed big there IMHO.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Tuck Fexas

Old 01-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #4
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
^classy.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #5
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
^classy.
would you expect anything any less ? its ok just like us all we dislike the other school however we still want them to win when we are not playing them so in the end it will Help us.

I laughed at all the OU and Aggie Fans who laughed we had a down year and sucked when it came time to pick bowls We didnt help them out to much
Old 01-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
I think the most interesting hire will be the OC for Tejas. The players have the talent just need a good OC to make things happen. I look for a strong rebound after such a dismal year. Looking forward to October.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
I think the most interesting hire will be the OC for Tejas. The players have the talent just need a good OC to make things happen. I look for a strong rebound after such a dismal year. Looking forward to October.

You know I have to agree with you. I was never one to jump on the wagon to fire greg Davis. Its funny we ran a spead offense under him and did well we went back after a 5 year Vacation to the running game and it wasnt there.
5 years before our runningback coach was promoted to the front office of opperations to help keeps kids out of trouble so we put Applewhite a pocket passing qb form the past in charge. We also hired a new offensive line coach that same year. Since 2006 when those two took over we have been trying to get a running game going but no luck like we did when we had cerdric benson in 2004. Vince young just made it look easy however we really had a problem with the backs themselves in 2005. The only thing I pointed fingers at this year was we had no running game and we needed a new offensive line coach and runningbacks coach.
I expected rebuild after we lost a QB who was our main missle the year before and a whole new line.
Colt mccoy had a awsome freshman year however he had a championship line in front of him. In 07 his sophmore year he had a new line and he looked bad.

As OU had a rebuilding year in 09 ours was 2010 now its time to rebound and start trying to get back where we once were.

from what I heard on the radio during lunch Harsin from Boise St is the leading guy right now. No matter who gets it expect a balanced Run/pass offense type Game plan.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #8
ScottieBlkSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Did NOT take long for Saban to replace Bo davis with Chris Rumpth, Not to mention Rumpth Is a GREAT recruiter himself
Old 01-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Sounds like a very good chance we will have two co-offensive cordinators which both will be split between Harsin current Boise State offensive cordinator and Major applewhite. And also Possibly bringing Wisconsin offensive line coach in get some better blocking for Malcolm brown #1 Runningback in the country who is coming in this year.