Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #477
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
Homecoming? This time of year? When is this event?
Wasn't really into Homecoming when I was in school but for SENIOR Prom I was allowed to use my dads Corvette one year and one year my boss let me use his car!
Today, I would let my kids have it for SENIOR prom, matter of fact my son used my 73 for his.
I am also in the minority here as I drive ALL my Camaros' they just don't sit in a garage.
So, YES for a SENIOR PROM, no for a homecoming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98nosz28 View Post
Yes of course you should be able to take it. You know how much the car means to your dad and would never let anything happen to it. He should be proud that you want to use it. I had a friend use my 98 camaro for his wedding it was a H/C/I car lowered with ground effects and i told him he could use it as long as he did a nice smokey burnout when he left the church.

When my daughter is old enough to drive she will be either racing what car i have or we will have her own race car.

The car is insured and everything is replacable.

PS IF YOU DO GET IT DO NOT LET THE BOYTOY DRIVE. THAT WOULD NOT BE RIGHT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerofu2 View Post
i love my car but i do drive it in the rain but not in the snow. i am kinda anal (the wife dont like it though ) i wont even let other people i trust drive my car with out me in it. the wife only drives it if she has to, she doesnt want to mess it up because she knows i love that car.

i do let my boy(18) drive it if i'm with him (not always)
i did have to get tires on my avalanche and only my boy was home so i let him take the car and drove the truck. we only went a mile and he was in the rear view the whole time and all the way there i know he's going to treat it with but still worried me.

when it came time for his senior prom i said i dont want him to and so did the wife, but now that he has graduated and is furthering his education I feel bad and should be ashamed of my self for not alowing him to take the car and make great memories.

on a side note the father could let them take the car and follow them there, wait for them to go inside and then take the car home. she could then call with ample time and say we are ready to go, then the dad can bring the car back, and let her drive it home or whatever.

dont get me wrong i love my car and would never want anything to happen to it but the reason we have nice things is because we want them and part of the reason we want them (the fun part anyway) is showing them off to people, it is a great feeling and shairing that with your daughter is priceless.

so after all that my answer would be YES as long as he trusts her to respect whats his, and the rest is having fath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
I really hope that everyone that says YES to the question read this one , well said my friend , that's my only concern , my Daughter and that is more than enough to start loosing my hair . Will post the pic of them on the car with me driving them there and back [if she want's that way ]. THANKS to everyone for the ideas , concerns and advise . Oldfriend
Quote:
Just like you said you are only 17 , and you have to understand that at 17 there is one or two things that at 17 one DO NOT UNDERSTAND , and one day when you turn to be a father and ONLY then , you will see exactly what we [the parents ] are talking about , BTW she has driven the car with mom and dad on board , and one other thing that you at that young age cant understand is that mom and dad really have a blast looking at her when she is at the driver seat and going places with us on the camaro , this you cant possible understand .
Quote:
YEAH it should , specially if the boyfriend just wrecked [total] is dad's ford250 on New years eve with his girlfriend [my daughter] in the truck i was shaking for 2 days ,oh the other car also was total, now the [yes] people can see and understand the reason of my and loosing my grey hair .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellish50 View Post
I say yes. i drove my camaro to Prom and beyond a doubt i beleive it stole the show, multiple mustangs and other cool cars, but only one camaro To go to homecoming/Prom in a new camaro is like driving around in a lambo, it gets alot of compliments and automaticly outshines all others.
WITH all the respect please read the # 428 then 436, 389, 445 , that will justify why i am saying SORRY KID but i am still just because she is my kid and i can't bring myself to do what i wanted to do for the reasons above , this thing [prom ] is tomorrow 01/21/2011 in CA [SAN RAMON] thank you all for the suggestions , advise and support , but on the end it is up to me the father ad the mother to make the call for what we think is the best for our daughter and have to live with it .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #478
EvoWake
SSTOCK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If i were in that position i wouldn't want to drive my dad's car, even if it was a bugatti veyron... you'll be doomed to "is that daddy's?" "did your dad by that for you?" "waiting for dad to pick you up?" I'd rather hire a limo

EvoWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #479
Scottishgames
Suck'n Gas And Haul'n Ass

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS - 1936 Chevy Streetrod
Why is this still going on?
Scottishgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #480
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishgames View Post
I asked that yesterday. I think the dance is tonight, so the end MAY be near....we'll see though.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #481
Scottishgames
Suck'n Gas And Haul'n Ass

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS - 1936 Chevy Streetrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Kolektor View Post
I asked that yesterday. I think the dance is tonight, so the end MAY be near....we'll see though.
The count is like 1000 nos to 10 yes. maybe
Scottishgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #482
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Oh, for the love of god!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #483
katatonia

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishgames View Post
because you're still reading AND replying
katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #484
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
i'm a high school senior too and if the guy is a gentleman like he should be, he'll make arrangements for a car, not you and especially not your dad. Tell him to man up and have his dad rent a camaro, it's not for you to shell out for. Also this way he can drive and get the door for you.

I know a lot of guys don't do that anymore which is why I make a point of it when I have a date. Have fun at your 'homecoming'
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #485
71cam

Drives: 71cam
Quote:
I am the daughter of the owner of the camaro user known as "oldfriend." My dad has had this car for a little under a year now and he loves it. He won't even use it if it is raining, because he doesn't want to get watermarks on it, that's how crazy he is about the car. My boyfriend and I have a homecoming at school which is almost like a prom and we have been asking him to negotiate with us to get to use the car. My dad told me to post a thread about this "just for fun" but I think that if enough people think it would be okay to take the car for just this one night he might just change his mind and agree to it. So, people if you read this please say that you think it is a good idea!
Thank you for all your help!
to the daughter of oldfriend.....

some questions should never be asked as they will put the person on the spot, and whatever the decision that is made will usually make the person feel embarassed, bad, anxious, or doubting....or maybe a combination of these

your father knew this event was coming up and if he wanted you to have the car for the evening, he would have offered without you asking.

since you already asked the question, you should accept and respect the answer given and not question the reasoning. you obviously are hoping to get a yes, but be prepared for a no......once you get your answer move on an plan accordingly. next time, whatever it may be, think before you ask......

whatever the outcome, you are going to the prom to have a good time, i do not realize what going to the prom in a fancy car has to do with having fun....just seems that you want to boost popularity and be seen as the center of attention. focus your attention at having genuine fun at the prom without the material goods...it will go a long way.

enjoy your prom
71cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #486
oldfriend

2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71cam View Post
to the daughter of oldfriend.....

some questions should never be asked as they will put the person on the spot, and whatever the decision that is made will usually make the person feel embarassed, bad, anxious, or doubting....or maybe a combination of these

your father knew this event was coming up and if he wanted you to have the car for the evening, he would have offered without you asking.

since you already asked the question, you should accept and respect the answer given and not question the reasoning. you obviously are hoping to get a yes, but be prepared for a no......once you get your answer move on an plan accordingly. next time, whatever it may be, think before you ask......

whatever the outcome, you are going to the prom to have a good time, i do not realize what going to the prom in a fancy car has to do with having fun....just seems that you want to boost popularity and be seen as the center of attention. focus your attention at having genuine fun at the prom without the material goods...it will go a long way.

enjoy your prom
BINGO, WELL SAID my friend , just for you to know just one of my babies went out tonight , the other one is in the garage
Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #487
vincewalthers

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Aqua Blue Metallic
Quote:
BINGO, WELL SAID my friend , just for you to know just one of my babies went out tonight , the other one is in the garage
So you left your daughter in the garage for the night??? lol just kidding! Hope she enjoys the night!
vincewalthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #488
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincewalthers View Post
So you left your daughter in the garage for the night??? lol just kidding! Hope she enjoys the night!
I was wondering the same thing...
Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #489
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
The boyfriend took the Camaro to the prom and your daughter is spending the night in the garage?

I would never have guessed this outcome.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #490
oldfriend

You guys are all a bunch of heartless humans that do not know how to be supportive on the very evening that the [cowboy] took the daughter from the [farmer's ] home and didn't even blink while doing so , but she will be back with a smile in her face for having a good time , and that you cant fell or see even if you could have seen , and no he didn't take the younger one ,he took the OLDER one , all good for you guys and one day [if you are lucky] the tables will be turned , all the best for you my friends life is good !!!gottya

Tags
camaro 2ss/rs, kids, teenagers