Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #15
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Dracer98 is an engineer - his opinion was his own.

He said great things about just about everyone and everything but I agree he was very opinionated when it came to your kit. The pictures you are showing here far and away are cleaner then what you originally presented to all of us. Perhaps you jumped the gun on the first set a few months back.

I can’t comment any further than that. – I am sure everyone here has an opinion
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #16
jordan 572

Drives: none
Granatellis system is so much cleaner than this. While ! would love to have either I would by far get the granatelli as it looks so clean. Screw top mounts. But there both still badass!!
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #17
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
phew it would seem I missed the boat on posting pictures.

Really the best photo I can post is the results, because no one can match that compared to our IPS twin turbo system

For the money invested this one of the lesser expensive routes to 650+ wheel hp , no doubt about it, and with our system you have many advantages in our features which will directly benefit you over the competitions!

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #18
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
phew it would seem I missed the boat on posting pictures.

Really the best photo I can post is the results, because no one can match that compared to our IPS twin turbo system

For the money invested this one of the lesser expensive routes to 650+ wheel hp , no doubt about it, and with our system you have many advantages in our features which will directly benefit you over the competitions!

Regards
this looks alot cleaner than the other one on the orange camaro. Was his a different brand or pre production?
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:44 AM   #19
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
this looks alot cleaner than the other one on the orange camaro. Was his a different brand or pre production?
Ours has been the same design / lay-out since day one so it must be somebody else's kit.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #20
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post

I can't wait to see one of these finally hit a track. Should be some incredibly impressive 1/4 mile times...
Old 10-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #21
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
I can't wait to see one of these finally hit a track. Should be some incredibly impressive 1/4 mile times...
There is an event here in Norwalk towards the end of the month that should be a nice place to shoot some more *media* and results on the kit.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #22
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
On an Auto car with DR's or slicks for sure

On a 6-speed car with 20" or 22" wheels not so much...

The first "Drag" car with our TT Kit will be finished in time to hit the track this year The big problem at the moment is the lack of a cage so we will see what we can get out of it before getting the boot...
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #23
radarwz
Boost All the Time!

Drives: 2005 pontiac GTO Twin Turbo
I have no affiliation with any shop or kit maker. Just an observation and a lot of experience I've gained doing my own work and watching/helping others do theirs.
I have an APS (Australian) low mount kit. One of their first for the GTO. My tuner (NicD) has a 9 sec top mount single F-body and an '04 GTO with a top top mount twin kit built by LS1 Turbo (Also Australian and not so friendly competitor). Both his TT kit and mine use Garrett GT-2871R turbo's. They both make about the same power with similar engine spec's w/cams. Top mount/Low mount in my experience the difference is in the quality of the kit and if you want a stealthy under hood appearance or some engine bay bling. Both kits were tough to install but trouble free.
Which is best? Performance wise...it's a wash. Practically...I think the top mount has the edge because you don't need an oil scavenge pump to send the engine oil back to the motor. A well designed top mount kit gravity feeds back to the motor. Why is that important?
If you don't know then it won't matter to you.
All the kits I've seen presented here look really good...pricey but worth the money.

'56 Chev 3100 p/u Black, 400 v8 3spd on the tree.
!

Last edited by radarwz; 10-06-2010 at 01:26 PM.
radarwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #24
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
My twin turbo GTO, sweet Maybellene has been a daily driven boosted car for 3 years now......the beauty of a TT system is if you drive normal, it drives like stock. You could easily drive cross Country....

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #25
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
My twin turbo GTO, sweet Maybellene has been a daily driven boosted car for 3 years now......the beauty of a TT system is if you drive normal, it drives like stock. You could easily drive cross Country....
Exactly -
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote