Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #71
halo8hkk

Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
I stopped reading MT about a year or so ago when all this Camaro/GM hate started.
that's about when i canceled my subscription.

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #72
masterwinning

Drives: 2013 Volt
What ever company pays the most will get the best reviews. There is no unbiased magazine reviews out there.
masterwinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #73
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
When this subsrciption is done, that's exactly what I will do...dump them. I'm not looking for constant praise, nor am I bothered by criticism, what I don't like are the extremely snide remarks, which are subjective and extremely offensive...that's all. I read everything Camaro.
You see - this is why Top Gear America sucks compared with the UK version, because Americans are such cry babies because you can't take criticism.

Take a good look at yourselves - you're the ones who are fan boys. MT looks biased, because you guys are so far to the right, you can't see where the center is any more.

What a joke. (and this is not an attack on the person I quoted - but on all "If they don't agree with me, they must be paid off or biased" BS'ers)

FYI - a GM product won MT's car of the year and Truck of the year. How do you explain that cry-babies?
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #74
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Seems like many of you are in stuck at Step 2 of the "How to get through your car losing a comparo in a magazine" process. Yeah, they Ford must be paying them off ? Really ?? Look around, Chevrolet Volt was the Car of the Year, and the Silverado was the Truck of the Year.

STAGE ONE: DENIAL
The reader asks himself, “How could this have happened?” Other typical reactions include the following: “My car is the best—everybody knows it because I spend my entire workday telling people so online.” “This has to be a typo.” “Where's my Top Gear article?” At this point, the magazine or laptop is often thrown across the bathroom.

STAGE TWO: ANGER
Attacks frequently center around the “fairness” of a comparo test and often take a personal bent. Here are a few common ones: “You’re on the take.” “Your magazine has an American/European/Japanese car bias. Probably all three.” “My car shouldn’t be compared with anything—it’s in a league of its own.” “You’re stupid.”

STAGE THREE: BARGAINING
“If they’d tested my car, which has the Sport package, it certainly would have won.” Or, “Take away the ‘vehicle’ category, and my car wins.” This is the reader at his most desperate.

STAGE FOUR: DEPRESSION
Now the reader’s emotions turn dysphoric, leading to questions such as, “Why do I even bother with cars?” Friends may notice the reader becoming disconnected from social activities. He stops driving the losing car; even looking at it becomes difficult. The list of “Lows” from the comparison test is never discussed. The inevitable truth of the comparo is beginning to sink in, and the reader feels a profound sadness.

STAGE FIVE: ACCEPTANCE
The reader honestly assesses his car. At the same time, he begins to enjoy the car again and attempts to cope with its shortcomings: “My car does smell like plastic, but I kind of like the smell of plastic.” Or, “Maybe a new set of springs and shocks will fix my car’s sloppy handling.” And, finally, “Screw those guys. I’m going to Bloomington Gold.”
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #75
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cully View Post
This has been going on for years with Motor Trend and several auto mags! It is amazing how the test's among the Malibu,Camaro, Vette, ect have out performed the competition but they still become the loser in the tests because of some stupid excuse or opinion. That is BS! Our dealership has ceased subscriptions to Motor Trend because of their bogus reviews, it is rediculous.
They allways judge a car by whether or not they like the interior,
or my favorite, the steering wheel, not to forget the driver visability.
They prefer a solid rear axle to an independant,A few years ago they were dissapointed that the new Mustang didn't have an independant axle.
The real world results are that the Camaro outsold the Mustang last year
and probably will this year with the new models being available.
Sure Ford is ahead in developement but then Camaros
have not been in production for eight years.
Give them about 3 years to catch up and pass
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #76
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Camaro thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Umm, do you live in a hole ?? The 2011 Truck of the Year and 2011 Car of the Year are both GM products ! Just because they don't pick your favorite car(or car company) doesn't mean theyr'e bashing it just to upset you. They aren't biased to Ford just because it wins a comparison test or two. Really ? Are you in denial ? Another GM product was the Car of the Year just a few years ago(2008, Cadillac CTS) as well, and the Truck of the Year(Silverado). The Corvette ZR1 just recently won a comparison against Porsche's brand new 10-second 1/4 mile, 0-60 in 2.7 seconds 911 Turbo. Now quit bsing yourself and look around.
I think we are talking about fifth gen Camaros not trucks or sparkers
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #77
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Seems like many of you are in stuck at Step 2 of the "How to get through your car losing a comparo in a magazine" process. Yeah, they Ford must be paying them off ? Really ?? Look around, Chevrolet Volt was the Car of the Year, and the Silverado was the Truck of the Year.

STAGE ONE: DENIAL
The reader asks himself, “How could this have happened?” Other typical reactions include the following: “My car is the best—everybody knows it because I spend my entire workday telling people so online.” “This has to be a typo.” “Where's my Top Gear article?” At this point, the magazine or laptop is often thrown across the bathroom.

STAGE TWO: ANGER
Attacks frequently center around the “fairness” of a comparo test and often take a personal bent. Here are a few common ones: “You’re on the take.” “Your magazine has an American/European/Japanese car bias. Probably all three.” “My car shouldn’t be compared with anything—it’s in a league of its own.” “You’re stupid.”

STAGE THREE: BARGAINING
“If they’d tested my car, which has the Sport package, it certainly would have won.” Or, “Take away the ‘vehicle’ category, and my car wins.” This is the reader at his most desperate.

STAGE FOUR: DEPRESSION
Now the reader’s emotions turn dysphoric, leading to questions such as, “Why do I even bother with cars?” Friends may notice the reader becoming disconnected from social activities. He stops driving the losing car; even looking at it becomes difficult. The list of “Lows” from the comparison test is never discussed. The inevitable truth of the comparo is beginning to sink in, and the reader feels a profound sadness.

STAGE FIVE: ACCEPTANCE
The reader honestly assesses his car. At the same time, he begins to enjoy the car again and attempts to cope with its shortcomings: “My car does smell like plastic, but I kind of like the smell of plastic.” Or, “Maybe a new set of springs and shocks will fix my car’s sloppy handling.” And, finally, “Screw those guys. I’m going to Bloomington Gold.”

great post!
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #78
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Camaro5 : Mustang was rated better than Camaro by MT! I'm ending my subscription!

Camaro5 : Oh I see. So you bully people who don't have the same opinion as you?

: No - it's because MT is biased and paid off by Ford!

: but MT awarded Car of the Year and Truck of the Year to GM!

: Well uh.. those are cars and trucks, and the Camaro isn't a car.. it's a.. magical permagrin machine!

: come on..

: Well uh.. Ford has a special "Mustang Lobby" that pays off MT specifically so that the Mustang can rate better than the Camaro! Yeah.. that must be it!

: I see - so Ford pays MT to talk up the Mustang, but doesn't bother to pay up for the big-volume sellers such as the family sedan or truck categories, because Ford is in business to lose money?

: Yes - because Ford people are crazy about the Mustang! They don't care if their trucks and sedans lose out to GM!

: Maybe it's just you who's crazy about your Camaro.

: But everyone else on Camaro5 agrees with me that Camaro is da bomb!

: and you expect everyone outside Camaro5 to have the same thinking as Camaro5 fans? Methinks you've been hanging out here too long.

: This world will be a better place if everyone just agreed with me! You suck! MT you suck too! I hate you!!
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #79
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
So don't read it. If you want constant praise for the car you drive you should buy "Camaro Now" or "Super Chevy". Motor Trend has some valid points

some folks are just tooooooo sensitive about their cars that they can't see past the obvious. Don't even look at the other cars, just read what MT said about the Camaro, they are true, aren't they? Or are you just upset because they graded the other cars better in some areas when you just want them to see the Camaro in the same biased way you see it?
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #80
mjk

Drives: 2007 mustang gt/cs
I read the mags, mostly online, for their numbers. Their opinions mean nothing to me. My favorite is InsideLine, and least favorite is Top gear UK...
Old 02-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #81
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
I let my Motor Trend subscription run out , because a lot of the cars they review, I am not interested in knowing anything about them. It has nothing to do with MT not liking the Camaro. The only magazine I subscribe to anymore is Hot Rod.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #82
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZOTSTA24 View Post
I completely agree. MT has been going down the crapper over the past two years..... Ford must be paying them off.
I agree whole heartedly. I use to think they were the most level headed of the bunch, but the last year or so has seen some crazy results.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote