Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
blueallie

Drives: Abm 1ss/rs 6m
adams backing pad question

Is it truly needed? I purchased the total paint resto kit and thought it was included. My mistake for not reading.... Can I use the pad that came with the pc?
Its gonna be a nice weekend so I'd like to get started. I dont want to wait another week to get the pad if I can get by with the pc one.
Thanks

P.s ADAMS IS THE S***
Old 03-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I don't know what your asking exactly. That kit comes with a backing plate, pads, etc....everything you need to get started.

Did you get the Flex or PC kit? The Flex comes with a backing plate on it and the PC kit comes with a backing plate as well.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
blueallie

I bought the pc kit. But by watching the junkmans videos he threw away the plate that came with the pc and installed the adams one. So do I need the adams one to work properly with the pads or can I just use the one that came with the pc?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Noooooooooo! The PC kit (in the description from their website) comes with the new and improved velcro backing plate. You're set my friend, right outta the box!

Quote:
Kit includes: Porter Cable 7424xp Dual Action Polisher, New & Improved Velcro Backing Plate, Adam's Foam PC Pads (1 each - green, orange, white, and gray), Adam's Severe Swirl Remover (16oz) Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover (16 oz), Adam's Fine Machine Polish (16 oz), Adam's Machine SuperWax (16 oz), 2 Single Soft Microfiber Towels, Adam's Detail Spray (16 oz), Adam's All-Purpose Cleaner (16oz.) and Adam's Detailing Clay Bar

Last edited by garcmol; 03-10-2011 at 11:53 AM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
blueallie

Sweet!!! Thank you.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Noooooooooo! The PC kit (in the description from their website) comes with the new and improved velcro backing plate. You're set my friend, right outta the box!

Just got mine in Dec, it already had the correct plate on the PC....
h2oplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
eric@thompson
Account Suspended

Drives: GMC Sierra
They are correct, you should have received the correct plate with the kit. If the kit does not have the correct backing plate, contact Ashley.
eric@thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
koj

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO
Don't forget to install the rubber washer when attaching the backing plate.
koj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #9
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueallie View Post
Is it truly needed? I purchased the total paint resto kit and thought it was included. My mistake for not reading.... Can I use the pad that came with the pc?
Its gonna be a nice weekend so I'd like to get started. I dont want to wait another week to get the pad if I can get by with the pc one.
Thanks

P.s ADAMS IS THE S***
Our kit ships with the backing plate installed already on the machine... should look like this one:

Don't take Junkmans videos as the gospel so much... they're out of date as far as pads and product go and due for an update.
For technique they're great, but for determining if what you got in the box is correct they're not. Even AJ will tell you we change things so regularly that his videos are behind as far as products are concerned.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #10
blueallie

I've got the new one. Thanks again.