Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #15
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&orange View Post
is it me or does the guy looked photoshopped in the car...not saying he is just the way he looks in there lol like the doors man looks nice!
LOL!! I can assure you he is NOT photoshopped in the car LMAO!!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #16
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleBuster View Post
^^^^ This
Sorry I would post to my websites but last time I did that I was shut down for bandwidth exceeding. I went way over the quota!!

I will look at other free photo galleries to park them.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #17
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
Thanks, what kind of price am I looking at?
The hinges will set you back about $1300-$1400.

The install is another matter but in the shop it cost me just under $1800.

I really think its worth it BUT you have to make sure that everything lines up perfectly again.

The BIGGEST dissapointment was the advertising pitch where they tell you its easy install just a couple of hours, its NOT, and they need to make it clear cos you WILL be forking a lot out for this unless you have a shop and you really know what your doing etc.

The final product makes up for this. Its amazing. it doesnt feel cheap but very extreme and well done. The key is "solid hinges" !! Dont think you will get away with cheap lighter knock off versions beacuase you WILL pay in the end.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #18
mikey8

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
Love it! Been waiting to see this. Well done!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #19
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Honestly, its difficult but once you do it once, its not that big of deal, the reason they say its so easy is cause they have done it tons of times, so they know all the fastest ways to get it done, it took me 23 hours to complete mine, and thats taking my time, taping off the edges, bubble wrapping the fenders etc.. so no scratches, if i did it again i could prob do it in 10 hours or so. but A+
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #20
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Hey fellas, I can contribute here. I know there's another thread about vertical doors that I posted in but even after using the search function several times I can't seem to find it. Edit: I just found it, it was closed because a couple guys started barking at each other. Anyway, I just had the vertical door kit from Vertical Doors Inc. installed on my 2013 - Christmas present to myself. The whole thing was really fun, I'll tell the story after I post the pics. The first is me, the proud owner of a Gen5 with vertical doors. The rest are of the photoshoot that ensued after I gave her a bath.

Feel freel to let me know what you think. I'll post the "general concensus" I've received so far after hearing from fellow Camaro owners.
Attached Images

Last edited by Libertypilot; 01-16-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote