Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #127
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
comparing Oranges to apples??
Dude...if you have a V6 and it nearly is the same as a V8, either you have a great V6 or a sorry V8...that is my only point.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #128
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post

That's actually a 2009, not the 2010 which the fanboys are arguing about. The price would be higher because of the newer model.

Also, what's all this about who drives what? Who cares? you can put whatever you want. Ohh look....I drive some old decrepit thing falling apart.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #129
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
I love that one too...but the clown troll (check his posts) are all either upping Mustang or downing Camaro. So the higher number wins.
If your refering to me as a troll, grow up. I dig the new Camaro. A little freindly rivalry is good. Yeah have a look at my recent posts including the scan of the Camaro ad from local magazine about an upcoming auto show. The same magazine that I'm mailing out to a fellow forum member on my dime. I'm no troll just an car enthusiast and I've been around here longer than you dude.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13969
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #130
clydsdale

Drives: Comet, 61 original. Mustang 65
Ford doesn't need to. there has always been a demand for the mustang. Chevy phased out the camaro because of lack of intrest.

my new cat enguine school bus is on order for 2010!!!LOL
clydsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #131
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydsdale View Post
Wow! Great 2nd post!! Any idea what you are talking about?

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #132
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
If your refering to me as a troll, grow up. I dig the new Camaro. A little freindly rivalry is good. Yeah have a look at my recent posts including the scan of the Camaro ad from local magazine about an upcoming auto show. The same magazine that I'm mailing out to a fellow forum member on my dime. I'm no troll just an car enthusiast and I've been around here longer than you dude.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13969
Thanx. I read that yesterday. BTW...nope was talking about "garagelogic". I quoted you because I was agreeing, but saying it should be higher.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #133
clydsdale

Quote:Wow! Great 2nd post!! Any idea what you are talking about?

uh yeah, how do you drive a car thats on order?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #134
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
uh yeah, how do you drive a car thats on order?
Great 3rd post!!!

Quote:
Old 02-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #135
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
Right now the mustang owns the camaro. Fight it as much as you want to but thats the facts. Years ago it was diffrent. Who really cares though, they are both nice cars. Hopefully the new camaro will hurry up and hit the streets so we can quit this childish bs and have something else to talk about.
Right now the mustang OWNS a car that is not yet produced for the public....
right now the mustang has about the same power as a 10 year old Camaro...hmmmm what a proud position for the mustang. not to mention the V6.

For the ford guys... quit being so sensitive... can you really be surprised that a Camaro site has people who will defend the Camaro? most of us like the mustang, this thread was on the topic of comparing ford's 'super' V8 mustang to Chevy's mass production (hopefully) V8 Camaro. It is priced --noticeably-- higher, whatever the MSRP is. If it is fair to compare the GT500 v SS, then we should never hear any complaints about comparing the SS to the GT, while they are competitively priced.

Quote:
Camaro V6 <= Mustang V8

Base Number of Cylinders: 8 Base Engine Size: 4.6 liters
Base Engine Type: V8 Horsepower: 315 hp
Max Horsepower: 6000 rpm Torque: 325 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4250 rpm Maximum Towing Capacity: 1000 lbs.
Drive Type: RWD Turning Circle: 37.7 ft.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #136
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Dude...if you have a V6 and it nearly is the same as a V8, either you have a great V6 or a sorry V8...that is my only point.
Ohhhh i thought you were comparing the camaros v6 to the mustangs v8 and said the v8 wins

I agree with you
Old 02-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #137
clydsdale

Hey RT21 here's my 4th blozo!! LOL what smilies will he use this time? and were all happy to here that ubm!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #138
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Hey RT21 here's my 4th blozo!! LOL what smilies will he use this time? and were all happy to here that ubm!!!
The "I still can't understand what you are saying" smileys

Quote:
Old 02-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #139
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Ford doesn't need to. there has always been a demand for the mustang. Chevy phased out the camaro because of lack of intrest.

YEP,
There has been no shortage of people to 'demand' a slower cheaper car that does not turn... hmmm what kind of people would demand a slow cheap car that wont turn...
There has always been demand for the Camaro, GM just priced it above the mustang so way too many people settled for the cheaper option.
Again, no offense to mustang owners ( I am one too )

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #140
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
Ohhhh i thought you were comparing the camaros v6 to the mustangs v8 and said the v8 wins

I agree with you
Nah... it is the symbol for "less than or equal to". I'm a math geek that lives on the beach... Nope, luckily I don't get to mod, if I did, the mustang clowns that got banned from their mustang forums wouldn't get to play here. But, I understand their rationale. Like you said, I think, they should have a say too. Nah...they shouldn't...

Quote: