Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #15
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Let them talk shit, they are only jealous that you have a Camaro. Take that car out and get the prettiest girl on the island. That will teach your buddies.

I've yet to get any slack from my friends for buying a V6, of course all my friends, like me, are married with kids. They are all actually amazed I was able to get a Camaro. Hell it was my wifes idea... LOL
Old 04-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #16
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I did some calculations for my hopeful mods but i did a different situation. I removed about 10-15 dollars a week as spending and cash necessities. Other wise as much as i want a turbo for more power that is my last goal. I am happy with the v6 and would rather spend 5 grand on the exterior and sound. So new exhaust, new rims, cold air intake and then finally a turbo. works in order of desire but the rims and exhaust are interchangeable
Old 04-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #17
Mrpaintballordie

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kek View Post
I agree with many of the posts on this, Mrpaintballordie. If you really wanna do some serious mods to your car, wait until at least it's paid off. Think of all the money you can blow on your car once it's paid off!!! And then you don't have to worry as much when it breaks and you gotta pay to fix it.

I drive a 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LS, and people always say, "yeah, but it's not a V8." But to me, that's fine because I'm not dragging it (if I were then I could've offerded a V8 ... dragging costs money), and it's a very good possibility that my V6 LS Camaro will beat whatever they're driving anyway. So when they say that, I just respond with, "Wanna race?"

That Camaro is YOURS (well actually it belongs to the bank until it's paid off, but you get what I'm sayin) and you should do with it what YOU want.
My car won't be paid off untill im 21 :Facepalm: and I'm 16 now
Old 04-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #18
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Yep...

figure an easy $1,000 for an install... plus you'll be without your car for a while...

Also, when doing something as drastic as adding a power adder you definitely need Plan B for when something goes wrong! You will be looking at a major repair bill.. plus again, you'll be without your car for a while..
Yeah a built up aftermarket choice is a bad idea for a daily driver imo.

And op now that I know youre 16, you probably wont be able to afford another car so this is your daily. Ive always stood by my belief, your race car and your daily should be separate.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
MyWorld

Drives: RJT 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkThndr66 View Post

I mean, if you wanna void your warranty and become deeply involved in a turbo setup on your Camaro; be my guest. There are TONS of threads about this. Most notably and recently: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116365

GretchenGrowl has gotten 4-5psi on her system and she's deep as F into the build. Even with Vince from Trifecta, there are still fuel issues with these DI motors. MyWorld just dyno'd his STS custom turbo install [took all winter and spring to get installed correctly] and he had 318 to the rear wheels. Now he blames the crummy dyno machine, but still. It's a big long process and it sure as hell is gonna cost you more than the 5500 for the kit. But if you've got a lot of free time, an ace mechanic, a place to work on it, and determination, sure. I just don't have 6 grand to throw at my car. Id rather sell my Camaro for 22, add the 6 and Im in the 2010 1SS range man.... just sayin....
I never said the dyno I was on was a crummy dyno. I said it was Mustang dyno. Dynojets typically show 11-14% more RHP than a Mustang, and everyone on here seems to be using dynojets. My tuner likes his Mustang dyno, and if he feels that is what is best for his shop, that's what I'm using. If the opportunity presents it's self, I may get on a dynojet at some shops Dynoday. Also my car orginally took 2 weeks in November to get the kit installed initially. I put the car away for the winter in december, and then it took another 4 weeks this spring to get the install straightened out. I guess you could say it took a total of 6 weeks, but much of that downtime was due to me wanting to upgrade parts of the kit I didn't like.
MyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote