Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #71
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
Same thing here, its been happening sine 11/29/10 almost every morning when it is cold (just like you described), funny thing is that after sitting at work for 8 - 10 hours, and at times the temp is as cold or colder than it is in the morning the darned thing works fine. I had an appointment, but lost faith in my dealer when my wifes 09 Impala went in for the 30,000 mile service (on a friday) and after asking (reminding the service advisor) to put the car in their secure back lot, they left it in the side lot all weekend. Tuesday when I picked the car up and made mention of this the advisor told me that the car was stored in the secure lot.......LIAR. Oh well, I think that I have found a better service dept anyhow, though it is a few miles farther. Good luck with your fix.
that's an unfortunate story. just give the new dealer the document number I posted and that should point them in the right direction.
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #72
donk40

Drives: 2011 2SS with RS & automatic
Hi Everyone,
I got my radio display replaced a couple weeks ago and so far, no problems. They replaced just the display and buttons, not the radio itself. Since then, the temperature has been anywhere from below freezing to almost 60 and the display has worked every time. I waited a couple weeks to let you all know so I would have time to test it. So far, no problems at all. Having the repair document number that Toasty gave helped a lot. (Thank you again Toasty!) They were surprised that I had the number because the numbers aren't given out to the public, but having the number guided them right to the proper document. They had to take out the display to get a number off of it which took a 1 1/2 hour appointment, then they called a guy at GM and waited for him to call back, then they ordered the part. It took one day for the new display to get here and they replaced it the next day. Replacing the display took another 1 1/2 hour appointment. So far, it has working fine. The people at the shop were very kind and answered all my questions. I was very pleased with the service.

Don
donk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #73
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk40 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I got my radio display replaced a couple weeks ago and so far, no problems. They replaced just the display and buttons, not the radio itself. Since then, the temperature has been anywhere from below freezing to almost 60 and the display has worked every time. I waited a couple weeks to let you all know so I would have time to test it. So far, no problems at all. Having the repair document number that Toasty gave helped a lot. (Thank you again Toasty!) They were surprised that I had the number because the numbers aren't given out to the public, but having the number guided them right to the proper document. They had to take out the display to get a number off of it which took a 1 1/2 hour appointment, then they called a guy at GM and waited for him to call back, then they ordered the part. It took one day for the new display to get here and they replaced it the next day. Replacing the display took another 1 1/2 hour appointment. So far, it has working fine. The people at the shop were very kind and answered all my questions. I was very pleased with the service.

Don
Good to hear that yours is working well, mine is too. In regards to the number, I just asked my service advisor for the number because I knew that there were other people, like you that were having the issue and other dealers were clueless... LOL.
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #74
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk40 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Don
I just had mine done yesterday, and yes, they only replace the radio display, not the entire radio. One suggestion to anyone who is having this problem, take pictures with dates, and video is even better. When I took it to my dealer a few days ago I explained what was happening, gave her the PIE number, they had the car for 2 days after which she called and said that they couldn't duplicate the problem and no code was coming up (the temps were in the 50's) I explained again what happens, reminded her of the pictures, and the fact that I had already been in contact with GM and had an authorization for service number to replace the display. They kept it for one more day, and changed the display. I hope this ends that ordeal.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #75
pablowest

Drives: 1996 Camaro
Hi jbsrace1. Nice radio. I think it wants a hot afternoon.
pablowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:24 AM   #76
jbsrace1

Drives: 2010 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablowest View Post
Hi jbsrace1. Nice radio. I think it wants a hot afternoon.
LOL
Yea it loves the warm weather.
I still haven't had it fixed. Every time it is cold enough for it to do it I have too much going on to take it in.
jbsrace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:28 AM   #77
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Rest ur mind.. Warranty job.

..but i do believe the TRANFORMER wants to unleash!
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote