Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #43
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
It's like jeep people too, some people wave, some don't. Same with corvettes. Some people just don't have friends....
And don't know how to make friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Frankly I never understood why you would wave to a stranger just because they drive the same type of car as you. I guess everyone that drives a minivan should wave to each other.
How do you know the guy isn't an A-hole, Axe murderer, or a drug dealer? Just because they drive camaros doesn't mean they're people I want to hang with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Most people view their car simply as a way to get from point A to point B. It will never be more than "steel on wheels" to them. Others of us view it as an extension of our personality, even if we don't realize it. We want to be like the Camaro and command attention, and have to power to tromp on those that challenge us! Take some time to watch people get in and out of their cars at the grocery store. You'll see that allot of them actually look like their car, or at least look like their personality matches it's characteristics. That's why Toyota Prius owners deserve our sympathy...

Here endeth my psychology lesson for the day.
By this rationale, I have a GREAT personality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
I'm not a fan of the wave, but will return one if waved at.

Reason being, I own a Camaro, a Jeep, and a sportbike. One hand can only wave so much before it becomes meaningless and tiresome...
Geez, seriously?! My problem is I forget what I'm in and wave at Vette, Jeeps and Camaros. I think it's fun, not meaningless or tiresome.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:11 AM   #44
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack71 View Post
i thought i was the only one who flashed my lights! i'll do it to other camaros on the road, and i get some of the dirtiest looks..
If anyone flashes me on the road with their lights, it's usually to let me know cops are ahead, or sometimes its deer. Usually I dont really figure it out till after I see either cops or deer. Durp!
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #45
Moni
H-Town Camaro Club VP

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Frankly I never understood why you would wave to a stranger just because they drive the same type of car as you. I guess everyone that drives a minivan should wave to each other.
How do you know the guy isn't an A-hole, Axe murderer, or a drug dealer? Just because they drive camaros doesn't mean they're people I want to hang with.
People that drive mini vans aren't this happy, lol.
Maybe those that don't wave are one of those things, some you can tell just wasn't looking.
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #46
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack71 View Post
i thought i was the only one who flashed my lights! i'll do it to other camaros on the road, and i get some of the dirtiest looks..
about the only time I do that is when I KNOW the person, or if its on a road that is divided......

and then some people harken back to the days that that was a signal to drivers that there were POPO ahead! lol

and there are times that I don't see the other Camaro in time to do either....since I was paying attention to my driving. lol

Its just a way to acknowledge other like minded drivers.....whether I get a responce or not, it really doesn't matter one way or the other......at least you knew the other driver had the good sence of style to buy one of the classest cars on the road today.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #47
camaroqueen
Jules11 is home!

Drives: 2SS/RS/M-6 RJT/BLK 'Vert
Send a message via AIM to camaroqueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield03 View Post
Where is Marion Indiana? North of Indy? South? If its south, sometimes I drive to Indy for concerts. Maybe you'll see mine and get excited lol.

Marion is North of Indy. I'm thinking that might be a good thing? lol
camaroqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #48
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
I love this thread. it cracked me up a least a half a dozen times. I even read outloud at work some of the posts. Everybody has a good point. I am a Camaro-holic but I don't wave at everyone, depends on what's going on. Oh and to not jack the thread but that is one awesome pic BODIH.Name:  Low Back.png
Views: 187
Size:  74.6 KB
Old 05-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #49
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
THE DEALER WOULD BE THE ONE TO DECIDE WHO COULD GET THE CAR, REALLY , THE DEALER , you must had some kind of food poisoning !!!!
Absolutely, i think the salesman should take someone looking at buying a camaro for a few hours and go to random places and let them see the people who will be asking them about the car taking pictures of the car etc etc. noticing that the other camaro owners recognize excellence. and ask them if they are up tot he task of not only answering to this but keeping the car meticulous at all times, learning every trim level of the car and what models come with what. what modifications will void your warranty and what not. a prequalified camaro buyer should have a wifi connection and a link to camaro5.com saves as a favorite or even their homepage. these are essential for camaro ownership and anyone not willing to obey the code should not be sold a camaro......
Old 05-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #50
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Who said anything about hanging, it's just a wave a kind gesture. Don't be so serious about this.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #51
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
My husband almost ruined my reputation and possible the rep of any 5th Gen Camaro in my area. He was driving my car one evening which he rarely does. Another 5th Gen ended up behind my husband and high beamed him. My hubby thought he was getting highbeamed because he was driving a bit slow, well the speed limit and flipped the guy the bird.

When he told me this I went off. I said YOU DON'T DO THAT. He was probably beaming you because of the car and not your speed. I said how would you like if I was driving your Vette and another fellow Vette driver gives me a head nod and I flip him. You'd be mad, although there are a ton of black vettes in my area but only one Camaro like mine that I've seen anyway.

He couldn't understand why I was so mad and I told him there are a bunch of us that are Camaro enthusiast and although I don't really know what this guy was beaming you for but now if he sees my car again he's going to think I'm a jerk. This is why I don't like him driving my car. Okay rant over.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #52
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by myblackcamaros View Post
I love this thread. it cracked me up a least a half a dozen times. I even read outloud at work some of the posts. Everybody has a good point. I am a Camaro-holic but I don't wave at everyone, depends on what's going on. Oh and to not jack the thread but that is one awesome pic BODIH.Attachment 237007
Thanks, and thanks to Slickmetal for shooting the pic at my first car show...

...now back to the regularly scheduled bitchin'!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #53
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by melody301 View Post
Who said anything about hanging, it's just a wave a kind gesture. Don't be so serious about this.
+1
when I ride my harley and i see another biker passing we typically wave.
I don't turn around and follow them to see where they are going and if they have room for one more
if it is during bike week when every 5 seconds is another bike i quit waving as do everyone.
this is the same thing in the camaro. we used to do the same thing when we had a boat. you wave to the other boaters. it is called being friendly or courteous.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #54
RollTideMom

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro RS
I totally agree. The Camaro owners are a family! I ran this dude down yesterday in the parking lot to let him know about this site and our local Camaro club.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #55
Hawgredcamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2LT Camaro
I forget and wave sometimes at other Camaro drivers when I'm in my wife's Tahoe. Maybe they think its just a Chevy thing.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Chr...14880961919019
Hawgredcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #56
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
Last weekend we did quite a bit of driving in the camaro. I notice some camaro owners are true enthusiasts and others might as well be driving a camry. I like it when fellow owners acknowledge each other not diss you by ignoring....... this should all start at the dealership when people are looking to buy a new car. the sales people should qualify the buyers and find out if they will be able to handle the responsibilities of owning such a car......
I wave from time to time in my SGM, but I ride a motorcycle also so I wave all the time when I ride that. So I'm fulfilling my need for acceptance.

There has been an explosion of the amount of camaros I see on the road now. I think that most of those people are buying it; 1) because of the movie and 2) because it is the new fad.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote