Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

View Poll Results: WOuld you be interested in a Procharger Supercharger
Yes, if it's affordable 98 98.00%
No 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #15
Vgav1221

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS/M6 Black w/ Orange Guts
75 people would buy the kit. ur gonna tell me thats not some serious interest? 75 x 6,000 lets say. A shit ton of money is all i have to say.
Vgav1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #16
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgav1221 View Post
75 people would buy the kit. ur gonna tell me thats not some serious interest? 75 x 6,000 lets say. A shit ton of money is all i have to say.
wait, they grow superchargers on trees?

if they make about 1000 on each supercharger then they would make 75 grand and that is still not including all of the other people who would buy this!
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #17
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
What I dont understand is why "we" camaro v6's need to show interest to these bigger companies in order for them to so call show interest in us also
Did the new mustang v6 guys call up procharger and bombard them with interest every single day?
If anything, our camaros are outselling the other 2 competitor for 3 year straight which should let these bigger companies know that there probably will be a bigger market for camaros before the new mustangs.
Im no expert so I might be wrong, but I just wish tuners and bigger companies would start taking us a little more seriously.

Also, does anyone know if 2012 will be sameE69 or a different bosch platform? all the guy said was that it will be bosch right?
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #18
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
What I dont understand is why "we" camaro v6's need to show interest to these bigger companies in order for them to so call show interest in us also
Did the new mustang v6 guys call up procharger and bombard them with interest every single day?
If anything, our camaros are outselling the other 2 competitor for 3 year straight which should let these bigger companies know that there probably will be a bigger market for camaros before the new mustangs.
Im no expert so I might be wrong, but I just wish tuners and bigger companies would start taking us a little more seriously.

Also, does anyone know if 2012 will be sameE69 or a different bosch platform? all the guy said was that it will be bosch right?

And these teasers got old a year ago. All the FI big companies get contacted by someone asking about it or they come in here and then, magically, nothing happens and they disappear. Maybe this time if we tell them we aren't interested they'll make something?
I like Tracy's twins he helped put on Gretchen. I like to go see what Adkins is doing. I like to read up on what Z's done with the STS kit. I like what IPS is doing with their twins. And I really love the fact PtKilla went from supercharger to twin turbos to single remote turbo.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #19
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
And I really love the fact PtKilla went from supercharger to twin turbos to single remote turbo.
That is one guy I think I would get wore out just sitting and watching.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post

Old 05-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #21
Vgav1221

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS/M6 Black w/ Orange Guts
we got 81 votes for yes now. so that is over what 81,000 dollars. smh , how the **** isnt 81,000 enough on an upgrade as small as a supercharger? not to mention the money they would make off labor for installing the kit, thats another 2,000 per kit..... wtf, and offering upgraded pullies intercoolers , chargers etc? over a 500,000 - 1,000,000 dollar market if u ask me.
Vgav1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #22
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
I really hope this pulls through and I would love to install a supercharger on mine. Been around Turbod cars for too long want to try something different!

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:07 AM   #23
GreenWithEnvy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Send a message via AIM to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Yahoo to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Skype™ to GreenWithEnvy
Ok update... I made the thread because I have been in contact with Procharger and thought it would be the easiest way to show them we have interest. They never asked me to make a thread to show interest. Anyway I left a message for their development dept and their marketing dept so I can see if this thing can get rolling. I have already offered them my car as a test car. I'll call again tomorrow and hopefully talk to someone and have more info.
GreenWithEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #24
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
I'm not sending a hit against you or what you're doing. If you scroll through these pages for FI you'll see there's been a ton of threads like this. The interest is there, the manufacturers aren't. Maybe you could get a bunch of them rounded up and point it out to them. In the meantime, I'll play with what I got.
Lingenfelter actually had a package posted on their website. It disappeared.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote