Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
SothereIwuz -- in the Pentagon......

......we proudly displayed the American Pride Camaro and the "Strength and Honor" Camaro at the Pentagon today --

I'll write a story about a very special guest later today or tomorrow night (Andrews Air Force Base tomorrow!) -- but in the meantime........

.........so thereIwuz -- talking to a few of our Military men and women - when someone comes up to me and says -

"Excuse me - but aren't you Scott Settlemire???..."

And I'm thinking: "OK - they've found me out and this is the part where the black suburbans show up and I'm whisked off into the night -- never to be heard from again......."

Well - luckily - that part didn't happen.......( the black suburban part, that is...)

Well - the fellow who came up to me was noneother than VDevine - one of our Camaro5 Brethren! As we were talking, another Camaro enthusiast came up - and I was especially glad he did - our GM Brother Daniel Lineberry who works in our Flint Assembly Plant - he's in the reserves and is now serving our country - hopefully he'll return soon and continue to build Chevy Trucks for America and Canada.........

Here's a pic of them posing with "Strength and Honor"

Gentlemen! It was an absolute pleasure to meet both of you and to have a few minutes to get to know each other.

Thank you - both - for your service to our country!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
BlackenedSS

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black Camaro
Saaawwweeeeeeet ass paint job. Man I bet that car turns alot of heads!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Today at the Pentagon

Scott, it was a real pleasure to meet you today as well and talk about these awesome cars. FYI: The black suburbans were standing on the ramp. I actually recognized you from all of your pictures on Camaro5 signing cars and at C5Fest I and II. Both 5thGens artwork were truly unbelievable!

Meeting Glen McDuffie (Sailor who kissed the nurse on VJ Day from Life magazine) as airbrushed on the car was pretty cool as well. He said she was a good kisser, but that she had the biggest mouth he ever kissed which was pretty funny coming from an 80 year old man.

More pics of American Pride from another site...
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/airbr...amaro/#4073116
Attached Images

3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
The Infamous Photo from 1945

Here's the photo we all know.
Attached Images

3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Wowww!!! Quite an honor. Both cars are beautiful!!

Great for you, Scott to be there representing everything this Camaro means to all of us!!

Thank you for your service, guys. We are so blessed to have so many men and women dedicated to preserving our freedoms. Many persons in my life have willingly participated in that effort, and some have given their lives. I have a deep respect for all of you.
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Very nice, I love those paint jobs.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Awesome story, Scott! I hope someday I am lucky enough to be able to say "Excuse me, but aren't you Scott Settlemire?" (no black suburbans involved either)
I love the infamous "kiss", they found that guy by identifying his hairline of all things. Didja know everyone's hairline is different? There were 3 or 4 guys claiming to be "the" guy but their hairlines weren't the same.
God bless all our active service men and women, and veterans!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
macc24

Drives: IOM w/racing stripes black matte
If I knew you were there I would have stopped by to say hi and ask for a sig on my IOM in North Parking. Oh well....thanks for the support! Maybe next time you're at the Pentagon I'll see ya.
IOM Black Racing Stripes Current Mods: CAI Intake, Solo Catback Exhaust (thanks to my awesome wife! 10 year anniversary), Solo Hi Flow Cats. Future Mods: Ported Throttle body, Tune (by a player to be named later) Miniature Arc Reactor.

macc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #9
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Thats a good story..................post more pics of the two Camaros together when you get a chance
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
Weezerj

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
God bless our country....

AND, thank you GM for honoring our countries service men and women. I, for one, take notice and take pride in buying vehicles from GM.
Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by macc24 View Post
If I knew you were there I would have stopped by to say hi and ask for a sig on my IOM in North Parking. Oh well....thanks for the support! Maybe next time you're at the Pentagon I'll see ya.

I'm not kidding - we were in the LBJ parking lot - (a very large orange reliable rig was sitting next to us...) -- and I saw an IOM Camaro pulling into the lot -- I'm wondering if it might have been you - probably 7 to 7:30am?