Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #141
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
I guess I should check to see what my policy covers. Though I do have my car financed thru a bank, would full replacement be something required, or would that just be more beneficial to me, and the bank not caring?
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #142
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Why waste your money on those tracking services. For the same price you can probably get full replacement insurance.

If some moron stole my car, I don't think I would want it back. Who knows what abuse they put it through by the time you get there.
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #143
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Thats exactly what I was thinking.

I let my on star expire after the first freebie 6 months.I got too thinking the odds of them recovering(locating) my car if stolen were not too great.The police dont place car theft on the high priority list for sure.Time they steal it,hide it inside a trailer or shop,garage, on star and the cops would long forget about it.And I guess I was right based on the outcome of your story so far.It really hurts too think that some one would do that too you. Man the thought of it really sucks.Sorry for your loss.Hope you either get it back intact or not at all.By the way it really sucks more as I am partial to your predicament more so as mine and yours are sisters !
Old 05-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #144
diamondmike

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartin7700 View Post
Just another update called Onstar this morning and after 48 hours the stop monitoring my car I told them I want my money back because it was a wate of time for having this service she told me to call customer care Monday and talk to them
on star is a waste of money. sorry to hear that your car is gone.

7.83 @ 172 and 1.15 60ft 5th gen
4.93@143
diamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #145
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Onstar may not have helped this gentleman in this situation, but I can assure you it has helped many people, along with saving lives with automatic crash response. Some say theirs didn't come on in a crash ect ect, but if it saves one life and recovers one car... then it has the capability of doing that for me and that alone, is worth it to me.

Good luck in finding your car.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #146
dmartin7700

Drives: convertible
Onstar sucks and want be a part of anything I ever own again
dmartin7700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #147
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
so no luck yet? :(
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:08 PM   #148
diamondmike

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Onstar may not have helped this gentleman in this situation, but I can assure you it has helped many people, along with saving lives with automatic crash response. Some say theirs didn't come on in a crash ect ect, but if it saves one life and recovers one car... then it has the capability of doing that for me and that alone, is worth it to me.

Good luck in finding your car.
i thought that to when i paid for the service. but when i need them after i got off hold for 20 min. i needed to upgrade my service. so i did. i unpluged the onstar. . i dont need them. they need me.
good luck with your service.. load jack is the best way. my phone tells me where my car is. not onstar.

7.83 @ 172 and 1.15 60ft 5th gen
4.93@143
diamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #149
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
the car have Vin number on it, wouldn't GM keep track of every part that install on that car. Assuming they're going to sell the car in parts.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #150
BornBad
Count's Kustoms Las Vegas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
man I feel for ya...my escalade got stolen... on star is bs....they don't care.
BornBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:38 AM   #151
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
You realize that no matter what, if something electronic doesn't have power then it's useless, right?
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:44 AM   #152
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
So i went on a roadtrip to Oklahoma this weekend and stopped to pump gas outside gainsville,TX(middle of no where).So this guy in his late teens goes crazy over my car he asks if he could take pics of the car because it was the car of his dreams and it was his HS colors.I didnt mind letting him sit in the passengers seat for a minute.He then told me "dude I heard this car is so easy to steal".I didnt take him serious but could he be rite lol
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:48 AM   #153
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I would be sick for a long time.
Insurance would be of some solice. Having to replace it would be like having to adopt to replace a natural child.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:42 AM   #154
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondmike View Post
i thought that to when i paid for the service. but when i need them after i got off hold for 20 min. i needed to upgrade my service. so i did. i unpluged the onstar. . i dont need them. they need me.
good luck with your service.. load jack is the best way. my phone tells me where my car is. not onstar.
What the hell is (load) jack?

It doesn't matter what kind of security or tracking system is installed on a car, a professional thief will get it. Short of having an armed guard (that would actually shoot, without first being shot at) 24 hours a day, the percentages prevail.

People can hate Onstar or any other product all they want. It doesn't change the fact that there is no 100% theft deterrant out there. People will talk all day about how they would do this or that to a thief. Truth is, many would just wet their pants if they walked up on a theft in progress.

I'm not defending the theives. 3 things I despise most in life are thieves, liars and cheaters.

Onstar has a purpose and it serves that purpose quite well. It's not perfect but it is very usefull and has served me well on more than one occasion. Not a car recovery but it is still useful. I suppose we should do away with all law enforcement due to the fact that crime still happens. The law must be useless?

I had a 9mm pistol stolen from a motel room years ago. I filed a police report but the weapon was never recovered. That must mean the police are useless. We don't see all the good they do elsewhere in their line of duty.

Onstar is not, nor is it advertised as a theft prevent. Like ALL alarm and tracking systems, it is simply a deterent. Any system will be circumvented eventually. It's just a game for some people. Police get better radar and drivers get better radar detectors. People buy better antivirus, and hackers get smarter.

Build a better alarm system and the thief will learn how to get around or disable it. The only real deterent is tougher penalties in the legal system. Good luck with that though. Molesters, rapists and drug dealers are being released from jail due to overcrowding. How long would they detain a car thief or burglar for a non violent offense? That's the word used now, offense, NOT CRIME. Stealing a car is a petty offense. Not much risk versus the money or drugs paid to a petty car thief. Sorry world these days.