Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #29
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
That was real nice also.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #30
Ovenmitt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 RJT 1SS
Send a message via AIM to Ovenmitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Also, the forum gets sued in a civil court for tolerating street racing videos by the family of the deceased and is ordered to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages.

Or, in reality, the forum gets sues in a civil court and the judge laughs the case out of the courtroom because there is no case to begin with, or law being broken.

That's like saying you can sue a TV show because you saw people using drugs on it and you thought it was okay. Wow

Oh, and you can't get ordered to pay stuff remotely in that ballpark in civil court, and since there is no criminal offense here... yeah. Sorry. I do have some waterfront property in Utah I'd like to sell you real cheap though. Is the timeless shop a paying forum vendor here? Pretty sure that violates the TOS to advertise in your signature then.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #31
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
Or, in realiaty, the forum gets sues in a civil court and the judge laughs the case out of the courtroom because there is no case to begin with, or law being broken.

That's like saying you can sue a TV show because you saw people using drugs on it and you thought it was okay. Wow
I should have been more clear. In my imagination, the judge's wife's mother's neighbor's friend's daughter was hit by a street racer, resulting in her paralysis. This taints the judge's opinion and results in a ruling strikingly similar to the frivolous lawsuits associated with fast food chains that get sued by fat people who should know better before supersizing their fries.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 06-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #32
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White

oser
Old 06-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #33
Ovenmitt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 RJT 1SS
Send a message via AIM to Ovenmitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I should have been more clear. In my imagination, the judge's wife's mother's neighbor's friend's daughter was hit by a street racer, resulting in her paralysis. This taints the judge's opinion and results in a ruling strikingly similar to the frivolous lawsuits associated with fast food chains that get sued by fat people who should know better before supersizing their fries.
You are GROSSLY mistaking criminal court with civil court. What you speak of cannot happen in reality. Not to mention the conflict of interest in said case would get it thrown out faster then Justin Bieber in a Heterosexual contest.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #34
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
I think we need a graduate of law in here...
Old 06-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #35
freddyboy

Drives: cybergray ls v6
i use to go to a lot of street races when i was younger. street racing is a lot more fun than the drag strip. drag strips don't have that exciting feeling that street racing has and its kinda boring. most of us folks know the risk of steet racing. i guess it's something a lot of people my age went though. yep its a young thing.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #36
3.5VQ

Drives: Nissan Altima 3.5SR
Every forum is different. My Nissan forum has a racing stories section that allows any kind of racing that you can post about whether its drag racing or street racing.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #37
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I can unequivocally guarantee that GM will almost immediately pull all licensing and support for the Fest and this forum the nanosecond we allow street racing to be discussed here.

In that case I understand a bit more. I didnt realize they were that serious about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.5VQ View Post
Every forum is different. My Nissan forum has a racing stories section that allows any kind of racing that you can post about whether its drag racing or street racing etc.
And you arent there because? Why are you on this forum again?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #38
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
i use to go to a lot of street races when i was younger. street racing is a lot more fun than the drag strip. drag strips don't have that exciting feeling that street racing has and its kinda boring. most of us folks know the risk of steet racing. i guess it's something a lot of people my age went though. yep its a young thing.
If the drag strip isn't exciting enough then do some real racing. . . with turns. That's what your IRS is for!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #39
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
You are GROSSLY mistaking criminal court with civil court. What you speak of cannot happen in reality. Not to mention the conflict of interest in said case would get it thrown out faster then Justin Bieber in a Heterosexual contest.
It was in my imagination. That's outside the jurisdiction of your real court. :fighting0040:

You also win for making fun of Justin Bieber.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 06-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #40
3.5VQ

Drives: Nissan Altima 3.5SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post

And you arent there because? Why are you on this forum again?
I am there it's called multiple windows, it's really amazing. I am on this forum because I can be.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #41
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.5VQ View Post
I am there it's called multiple windows, it's really amazing. I am on this forum because I can be.
So in other words, for no reason at all. Got cha
Old 06-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #42
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
So in other words, for no reason at all. Got cha
He is probably on 10 different forums(in different windows) for nights on end....

I am only on this forum because I have too much time on my hands, the only other car forum I'm on is mazdaworld.org Millenia section, because my Milly is a b*tch to work on.

Last edited by 08-G35s/6MT; 06-06-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Closed Thread