Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Look what the UPS man just dropped off!

Ok.....so nothing major but I am pumped to get these installed. Unfortunately I have to wait a least a week because of my schedule and getting an open lift to get them installed.

Major difference in feel of touch vs the Energy inserts I have. I'll be making some pics/videos of the difference between them.

No big deal to some people but I'm excited....especially after the headache I had installing my Energy Suspension inserts.

Thanks to Rob@WretchedMotorsports and Justice Pete for all the help.

Inserts came in today but I got the Stage 1 Street Pkg from Rob which is the inserts + radius rod inserts.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
J-Rod6410
M6 9 second club

Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Very nice So whats the price difference between the two

Just curious to know if this is another one of those "You get what you pay for" type things

I'll be watching this and waiting on your outcome
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Let the fun begin.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I think I have every bushing Pedders makes; they really do transform the car. GM should just use these from the get-go.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I think I have every bushing Pedders makes; they really do transform the car. GM should just use these from the get-go.
Im pretty sure JusticePete would love that!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Shouldn't be too bad on a lift. On the ground was a bit of a bitch.... Enjoy!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
That is a great way to start your suspension upgrade.

Last edited by Bruce@raymondsperformance; 06-24-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
I thought the install was easy enough, have heat to get those washers off. At first I couldn't tell a big difference but to more I drive it the more noticeable it gets

2.9 Polished Whipple, Kooks LT 1 7/8 headers, HiFlow Cats, Kooks Sleeper catback, Cooling Mist Methanol Injection, PFADT Sport Sways, PFADT Springs, PFADT rear trailing arms, ADM intake, JDP stainless brake lines, Jegs Catch can, Stock SS wheels widened to 10 3/4, Hawks HPS Pads, Pedders Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, BMR Center Brace, MSD BAP, AAC side markers, Emblem Pro's Custom Lighted Door Sills, Dash-Floor-Cupholder ABL lighting and other stuff....
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
nice and shiny
Old 06-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
I thought the install was easy enough, have heat to get those washers off. At first I couldn't tell a big difference but to more I drive it the more noticeable it gets
No heat needed. Large channel-locks worked for me. Just twist em off...
Old 06-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
Very nice So whats the price difference between the two

Just curious to know if this is another one of those "You get what you pay for" type things

I'll be watching this and waiting on your outcome
It is going to be one of those you get what you pay for. I'll be able to give more of an accurate feeling once they are installed and then get out to the track.

I can tell you two things right off the bat that makes them better than the other brand/design. First off just the design...mostly on the front top bushing....is alot better. Pedders not only fills in some of that void area inside the bushing but they also have a large ring of bushing where it makes contact with the body. The other brand only fills the void. Nothing is done to the top of the front cradle bushing. You are supposed to get their inserts to be flush with the OEM one and it was just about impossible for me to get them in flush.

Second, I can tell you the feel of the Energy insert it kind of spongey. Pretty soft and I hope I can show that in some video or pics. When I first got my hands on the Energy ones I was surprised, actually kind of disappointed, with the feel. I thought they were going to be fairly firm like I would expect a poly bushing to be but they weren't. The Pedders inserts on the hand are a firm bushing just like what I expected. The fingers that go inside the OEM bushing are a little flexible but the the main bushing that touches the body of the car and the area around it are real firm. You can not push in on these bushings at all.

Based on looks of how they install they should be alot easier as well. You don't have to try to shoe horn those little inserts into the top like the other brand.

I'll be repeating most of this and give examples of what I'm talking about when I do my other thread.

If you plan on doing the radius rod inserts, which according to everyone you should, then it makes it cheaper to buy the Stage 1 Street Pkg from Rob. The Pedders inserts are definately more expensive than the Energy ones but I'll tell you from just my experience that I had with installing the Energy inserts along with looking at the design it's worth saving up and spending the extra money IMO.....and that's before I've even tried them installed. That's all just based on feel of the inserts and ease of install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Shouldn't be too bad on a lift. On the ground was a bit of a bitch.... Enjoy!
LOL....unfortunately this is going to be my 3rd install. You know how it is, the first one is always the hardest, the second on is much easier because you know what to do, the third attempt should be cake. I'm guessing 1.5 hrs start to finish and that's mostly because I have to fish out the other inserts which isn't going to be easy.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 06-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #12
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
No heat needed. Large channel-locks worked for me. Just twist em off...
I agree....no heat needed. I used two hammers and they came of with about 3-4 good hits. I'm going to try to video that process this time.
Build Journal
Old 06-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #13
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
Welcome to more Pedders As i have always said first you need the correct foundation.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #14
SS_Killer

Drives: 2010LSM6
I think you are going to like these. My car has the Pedder's radius rod bushing inserts (which are ridiculously easy to install) and the BMR cradle bushing inserts. The BMRs look much like the Pedders inserts and are quite firm as you describe.
Mine help a lot on the Autocross course.