Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #99
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Cool !!! Wish they would offer the color also ...
Agreed, wonder if you can get some different color options.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #100
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I seem to remember people complaining about the first Transformers Edition. Funny. They didn't seem to have any trouble selling them. I know we all want things a certain way but for a lot of people close is good enough and for the rest that want to pay the extra to make it perfect they are more then welcome too. Personally I think it looks great.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #101
jkyoung1
IRONMANZX14

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
jkyoung1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #102
kkonopasek
1st Time Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
I would have definitely paid for that package, it looks sweet. I would take off the transformers part on the side of the car though.
kkonopasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #103
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
What's so hard about making it the right way?
This is not what people want.
It's not even like the car prop is that much different than the production cars. The only alleged high price item is the paint color. Whats the excuse for the rest of that mess?
GM needs to stop being cheap and or lazy.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #104
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I think the package looks nice, but maybe a bit overpriced. I'm more impressed that they photoshopped the color to look more Sunrise Gold than Rally Yellow in the picture . . . The car will look much less like bumblebee in person.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #105
TattooLost
Tattooed Weirdo

Drives: 2014 Deep Magenta Metallic 2SS/RS
I'd take it. I'm tempted to do some vinyl like that though. Been trying to find something different to do with my new baby. Mine is VR though, but that kinda stripe package would be pretty cool I think.
TattooLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #106
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAgenda View Post
Agreed, wonder if you can get some different color options.
No, see announcement
Quote:
The 2012 Transformers Special Edition will be offered as a $3,000 package on 2LT and 2SS Camaro Coupes with Rally Yellow paint. In addition to the content offered in the popular RS appearance package, the Transformers edition will feature black rally stripes that stretch over the hood, roof, decklid and unique high-wing rear spoiler; 20-inch, black-painted wheels wrapped in high-performance summer tires; and Autobot Shield logos on the center caps and front quarter panels.
Actually for those complaining about the price, if you subtract the normal price of the RS package and 20" black wheels the cost isn't really that much for the one of a kind items on the special edition
Old 06-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #107
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
All I'm gonna want off of it is a hood that is unpainted OEM, then get it paint matched for my 2011 1LT in Summit White. Hopefully you can buy it through GMPartsHouse or one of our other sponsors.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #108
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
All I'm gonna want off of it is a hood that is unpainted OEM, then get it paint matched for my 2011 1LT in Summit White. Hopefully you can buy it through GMPartsHouse or one of our other sponsors.
I think it has the normal Camaro hood, the hood vent is simulated in the decal.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #109
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
I can't wait to get my hands on that steering wheel. It'll complete my interior along with my yellow accent panels.

I hope Becky from Rogers Chevrolet can come through with the part.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #110
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HINEY1 View Post
Trust me, you don't want any door dings!
Rock chips are bad enough!

Make sure you get the right body shop to paint it
It's like anything, some deals are too good to be true >>>>> you get for what you pay for

What did the paint on that cost to get done? Depending on the paint cost, and with all the components you can get from ACS, you could make a lot more accurate Bumblebee than the GM edition for not that much more money.

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #111
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by edz10ss View Post
I love the paint job. I saw this steering wheel and it doesn't fit this car. The camaro deserves a nice wheel
Just so everyone is clear the stripes are not going to be painted. They will be decals just like all normal rally stripes. The design looks good in the photoshop but here is the problem. The decal stripes are going to look terrible in person and knowing GM they are going to be flat black just like the standard rally stripes....

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #112
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
What's so hard about making it the right way?
This is not what people want.
It's not even like the car prop is that much different than the production cars. The only alleged high price item is the paint color. Whats the excuse for the rest of that mess?
GM needs to stop being cheap and or lazy.

Most likely Hasbro has Intellectual Property of Bumblebee and his image. Its similar to copywrites... kind of, but is basically in place to prevent something known as "brand confusion". It's also probably why Chevy can't call this "Bumblebee" anywhere in the name, but a deal was obviously worked to say "Transformers Edition".

I guarantee you every transformer toy (produced by Hasbro) looks EXACTLY like the movie version.

When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself

mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote