Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-14-2010, 01:31 AM   #15
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
One thing is Eibach does have a million mile warranty, so I would assume that's gonna last you pretty well. I don't know how they are on claims though.[/QUOTE]

mine settled till the tops of the fenders of my pickup were basically touching the tires, almost 2" and they wouldnt cover them. wont use there springs again. 5 years and about 22k on them. whoever i spoke with was cocky and stated that since its a custom truck there must be something else causing them to collapse. installed new hotchkis springs, all good. almost 3 yrs and
29k on them, settled 1/10 of an inch since new.

i'm running the full hotchkis track pack and strut tower brace, great ride quality, awesome handling. i'm running there front supercharger spring spacers as well since i'm blown, after 3k miles front measures 1.19" drop over stock, rears 1.07" lower.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #16
MTI Racing Kevin

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
No complaints on the Eibach here. Awesome kit. I'm not sure about lasting as long as other kits, but I plan on upgrading to coilovers eventually anyway. This was an intermediate step for me until I get the cash to call up Pedders.

One thing is Eibach does have a million mile warranty, so I would assume that's gonna last you pretty well. I don't know how they are on claims though.
CamaroDreams07
The coilover suspension is an awesome upgrade for the Camaro. MTI Racing has a full coilover suspension package for the Camaro that we designed in house specifically for the Camaro. With the valving we specified to Bilstein for the shocks you will get a smooth ride with excellent handling. Feel free to pm me for any other info you may need.

Rear Coilover

Front Coilover
MTI Racing Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #17
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI Racing Kevin View Post
CamaroDreams07
The coilover suspension is an awesome upgrade for the Camaro. MTI Racing has a full coilover suspension package for the Camaro that we designed in house specifically for the Camaro. With the valving we specified to Bilstein for the shocks you will get a smooth ride with excellent handling. Feel free to pm me for any other info you may need.

Rear Coilover

Front Coilover
I agree.....Coilover suspension would be awesome but it's just out of my budget. If I did more road racing then that would be a different story but for me it's not worth spending $1,500 - $2,500 on a coilover system.

Thanks for posting the pics though.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #18
MTI Racing Kevin

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Lowering Springs

caverman

MTI Racing has done extensive road course testing at Road Atlanta and Barber Motorsports Park to assess the Camaro's suspension and create the best suspension upgrades available. MTI Racing has developed these custom lowering springs to help improve the handling of the new 2010 Camaro.

With this upgrade, you will corner flatter and have a more aggressive stance. MTI Racing Lowering Spring kits are great for a enhanced look of your vehicle with a lower center of gravity and reduce body roll for better handling on road courses, mountain driving, and everyday cruising. These springs lower the vehicle approximately 1.2" giving you a proper agressive stance. The progressive spring rate design provides superb ride quality and comfort. If you are only looking to improve your vehicle’s suspension and have a great stance, these are the springs you need.

The lowering springs will help the handling of your Camaro and will enhance the look of your car, but since the car will be apart you really should consider doing the swaybars at the same time and really get the car handling the way it should.

Check the link below for more info and pm me for any other questions.

http://www.mtiracing.com/purchase/20...g-springs.html
MTI Racing Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #19
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Hi caverman,

Thanks for posting up with your questions. Sorry if this information is repetitive to what we have already posted in a noter thread, but your concerns are similar to others here on Camaro5. We can't speak to the quality of any competitors products, but we can certainly tell you about our own Pfadt Race Engineering Drop Springs. Our drop springs are engineered to provide the lowest possible ride height with out sacrificing ride quality. This comes in at 1.25" drop total. We have engineered these drop springs to have a much better front and rear spring rate balance, to help in performance handling.

As a result, you will find the ride is more firm, but not harsh at all. We pride ourselves on being a engineering company that develops products to suit customers that demand performance and comfort. Our drop springs have been engineered to optimize the factory damping in your OEM struts. We have found that lowering beyond this point (~1.25") will yield in undesirable ride characteristics. That is just in our experience, but others have come to this conclusion as well.

If you need any more info on our products please let me know and I will be quick to point you in the right direction! I have posted a link below as well.

I have included a video showing the stance and balance characteristics of our Camaro Sport Package. This package has our drop springs, and shows a before and after comparison.

Pfadt Race Engineering Drop Spring Info

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #20
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
I have the Hotchkis TVS system on my car, the stance looks great. the drop is about 1'' in the back but i'd say it's more like 1 1/2'' in the front. I don't have any pics yet but will post some soon.
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #21
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Wow, busy thread! As a photo is worth a thousand measurements...

As mentioned earlier in the thread, a 1" drop is preferred for street driving. Our springs are designed for a 1" drop. On both stock and cars with our sport coils we have seen minute ride height variances, with most cars at or under 1/16” and only one with a corner measurement variance of 1/8”. For cars running super chargers, we offer front strut spacers to bring the height back up. These will also work on other springs should you dislike the lowered height.

Even after 1000’s of punishing street and track miles we have not seen our sport coils settle. We design our coil springs to be low stressed and spec high tensile excellent quality steel to eliminate any possibility of material fatigue. Our coils are preset during manufacturing, compressed to coil bind to ensure proper load height, shot peened to relieve material stress and most important, are made in the USA. This results in a highly predictable ride height and performance.

We have lots of great dealers who keep parts in stock, and we will proudly stand behind our product in the unlikely event that you have an issue.

If you like our springs in your 1st gen, we'd encourage you to give our 2010 Camaro parts a try. You might not plan on doing much racing, but a well handling car is a joy even in street driving, and the ability to head out to a track day at will is a great bonus.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #22
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
First off I think anyone that wants to contribute to this thread should because other members will find it and hopefully it will help them make their own decision.

This is a very tuff decision and I don’t know that anyone can go wrong with any of these Mfgs. All that have responded are very respectable and I’m sure will stand behind their products. All are lowering the cars in the 1”-1.25” range and of course each should provide a great stance with good ride quality.

I went round and round….had a hell of a time choosing, flipped flopped back and forth, and ultimately it came down to previous experience with the Mfg and price. With all that considered I just had to make a choice and I decided to go with Hotchkis. I found Circuit Motorsports through the forum and got what I think is a good deal on the springs shipped to my door. After getting a couple alignment quotes I think I’ll only have about $360 complete in the setup after purchasing springs and getting an alignment.

Don’t let my decision persuade you. Research each Mfg yourself and make your own decision.

I should have everything done in the next week or so and I’ll post up my pics and thoughts in a separate thread.

Thanks to all the Mfgs that posted (and will continue to post) on this thread.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #23
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I just had the Pfadt sport suspension+ installed this week. Love it! The car corners MUCH better than before. I put pics in my car journal:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=79
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #24
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Here is a photo of my H&Rs to help with visuals. Keep in mind I do have the 22s on.
Attached Images

Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #25
ntelligent

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS HPE550
What kind of wheels are those?
ntelligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #26
mpyle007

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
I am personally going to go with the BMR split springs set up. I just think the camaro looks very clean with that raked look. Even though most people cant tell a difference with their naked eye, I will have the peace of mind knowing it is raked. It lets the front end squat down just a bit more. Either way, I dont think you can go wrong with any spring you pick. They are all great manufacturers. I think you should choose what you feel you will be happy with.

What name do you like the most? What color do you like? Do you want a raked or even drop? Simple ways to make the choice. Silly, but simple.
GMPP axle back exhaust system
Custom Dyno tune by ARD (Advanced Racing Dynamics)
BMR 1.4" Springs all four corners

"There is no replacement for displacement"
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #27
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyle007 View Post
What name do you like the most? What color do you like? Do you want a raked or even drop? Simple ways to make the choice. Silly, but simple.
I like your style.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #28
CKeas

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Has anyone just lowered the rear only to level out the car? Do you have to get a alignment if you just lower the rear? I'm not really wanting to do the full drop on all 4 corners.
CKeas is offline   Reply With Quote