Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
USMC Anti Venom

Drives: Soon to be ZL1
Future Camaro Idea

I am currently planning on purchasing a convert camaro next year when I get back from Afghanistan. I was going to get it Inferno Orange, but had the crazy thought to get a white one then have a paint shop do it hugger Orange. Just here to get opinions on what other convert owners would think.
USMC Anti Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
Did you mean getting a White Camaro and having a paint shop do the stripes on the hood in Hugger Orange, or did you mean paint the whole car Hugger Orange?

I would NOT buy a car in a different color and then have a body shop paint it the color I want it in, too much of an unnecessary expense and some would argue about the quality of it over a factory paint job, but I don't want to open that can of worms because for some reason people in this forum don't like the paint quality on 5th Gen Camaro's even though I haven't noticed a problem myself.

If you were talking about painting the stripes instead of vinyl ones, I can't imagine you wouldn't like painted stripes better...so by all means do it.
suplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
USMC Anti Venom

suplex, i was talking about painting the whole car and maybe have the white stripes or no stripes. but i welcome yours and ony other opinions.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012conv.rs/ss View Post
suplex, i was talking about painting the whole car and maybe have the white stripes or no stripes. but i welcome yours and ony other opinions.
I'm missing something here. Why?

MB
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
USMC Anti Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulllett View Post
I'm missing something here. Why?

MB
What is it that your missing? Maybe I can clear it up for you if you have a question.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #6
Without Remorse

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012conv.rs/ss View Post
What is it that your missing? Maybe I can clear it up for you if you have a question.
I think the reason he is confused is this.....Why would you buy SW if you wanted IOM. If your intention is to have it painted IOM, why not just buy it that way from the factory?

EDIT:
Ahhhh, now I get it. He wants hugger orange and not IOM. How much difference is there in those colors?

Without Remorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
Allanski

Drives: Car
In Oshawa we saw a girl who bought a black convertible and then sent it out to be painted synergy green. It was awsome and as far as I know the only green vert!
Do your custom paint but talk to a body shop first to see if a good base color would be white or black or something else.
Allanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #8
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Without Remorse View Post
I think the reason he is confused is this.....Why would you buy SW if you wanted IOM. If your intention is to have it painted IOM, why not just buy it that way from the factory?

EDIT:
Ahhhh, now I get it. He wants hugger orange and not IOM. How much difference is there in those colors?
There is a definite difference between Hugger Orange and IOM. Hugger is a brighter Orange. If the OP really wants it and has the cash to do a full repaint then go for it. It would be a unique car.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
scottw

Drives: 2011 SGM Camaro 2SS/RS
I like guy! You could paint that thing u.p.s. brown and it would look sweet! Do what you want...That will make you the most happy long term. Trust me from a guy driving a snot colored Camaro! I love it!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
8AD•SS

Drives: 45th anniversary SS Vert
I think it's a great idea, I'm going to be painting Hugger orange stripes on my white vert soon as I'm going for retro.
8AD•SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #11
BRAVO29ER
AIM SMALL...MISS SMALL

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
,...but I don't want to open that can of worms because for some reason people in this forum don't like the paint quality on 5th Gen Camaro's even though I haven't noticed a problem myself.

You have a 2011... You should see some of the early Camaro's. Paint is horrible. Trust me...there's a bunch of threads on it. Lucky you...they must of fixed the issue
Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #12
venus.j

Drives: toyata altis
I want one color and simple as possible.........either white or yellow
venus.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:37 AM   #13
USMC Anti Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Without Remorse View Post

EDIT:

I saw a post on a different thread and it had a pic of the hugger orange 1st gen camaro next to an IOM 5th gen. The IOM looked red next to it.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:39 AM   #14
USMC Anti Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandron263 View Post
There is a definite difference between Hugger Orange and IOM. Hugger is a brighter Orange. If the OP really wants it and has the cash to do a full repaint then go for it. It would be a unique car.

Def. got the money for it. Working in Afghanistan right now for a down payment and then a few more years out here for the parts and paint I want to have on the car.