Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #15
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
That feature should be illegal
This by far is the most useless feature ever! I would have rather seen an "Instantanous MPG usage" option then this stupid crap.

CAR: "Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding, Speed Limit 70MPH..."
ME: "No Shit, im the one driving it!"

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #16
MiracleAces

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Coupe
Cruise control... it may be your only hope.

"Being persistant and never giving up may not always get the job done, but it just may annoy someone else enough to make it worth your while."
MiracleAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #17
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
I set the speed warning to 100mph, not like I'm paying any attention to the speedometer when I'm going that fast anyways...

And I feel you on the slow commute, I'm lucky if I can get up over 40 on my whole drive to/from work, 16 mile round trip. There's always way too much traffic so I never risk a ticket, it's just a boring drive. I need to move out into the hills west of Austin so I can have an entertaining drive every day, haha.

Matte Black Bumblebee Stripes - Unpainted Heritage Grille - Blacked Out Bowties - Stainless Works S-Tube Catback - CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
Whiteline Rear Cradle, Rear Differential, Front Radius Rod Bushings - BC Racing BR Coilovers - Installed by Whiteside Customs

bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #18
Ilanidrac

Drives: 2011 RY/BLK 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp01 View Post
I set the speed warning to 100mph, not like I'm paying any attention to the speedometer when I'm going that fast anyways...

And I feel you on the slow commute, I'm lucky if I can get up over 40 on my whole drive to/from work, 16 mile round trip. There's always way too much traffic so I never risk a ticket, it's just a boring drive. I need to move out into the hills west of Austin so I can have an entertaining drive every day, haha.
Most of my driving is highway...my average speed is 27mph...I drive in pretty bad traffic to and from work, about 40 miles round trip I think.

Speeding is a non-issue for me haha.
Ilanidrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #19
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
My route to and from work requires my to drive a short period (about 2.5 miles) on a stretch of road that is 30mph.

I'm in the same boat nyrfan, I have about 3 miles each way on a 40mph road. I know exactly what you mean. Cruise Control is the only thing that does it.

Also, I'm in a 50/50 split with Gas Mileage. Here's what I mean: My gas mileage stinks because it's mostly short trips, I've even driven further and watched my mileage go up...so I know I would be fine if I drove longer distances. However, I fill up the tank about once a month so I really can't complain about gas mileage or prices for that matter.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #20
FTGofOldState

Drives: 2011 Black 2LT/RS
I was thinking the same thing today too on my way to the gym. It's 35 mph on the backroads but I usually go well over, regardless of what I'm driving, but in my Camaro, it barely feels like I'm moving. The worst is when you're on a slow road and get stuck behind people who take the speed LIMIT seriously. I got stuck behind some jerkoff this morning driving 29mph in the 35 zone for an entire mile and no, I was not even close to tailgating (I gave the guy a solid 50 feet between us).
FTGofOldState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:50 PM   #21
dillypo

Drives: Camaro 1lt
If you're looking for an honest way to go that slow, what I do is shift into a higher gear and let it just glide at 1300 or so. Just remember to downshift if you do need to accelerate. It is nearly impossible to go slow for me otherwise.

0_o just realized I was in the wrong forum. I've got a v6 and 1300 or so in 4th is about 35 exactly (perfect when driving through a particular small town nearby with notorious cops). No idea what it'll take for your ss.
dillypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #22
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
It was difficult but still easier when when my SS was stock. With my mods its REALLY hard to drive reasonably within the limit, but do-able. And I am just lightly modded. If I had any more serious mods I'd be getting tickets as it would be near impossible to drive slower
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #23
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Engineer View Post
Yeah, I agree! I keep thinking "today is my turn" for getting a ticket but it hasnt happend yet (knock on wood). Till then, Keep gunnin' it!
SOB!!! i did jinx myself, i got a ticket after work on Friday. A warning for no front plate and ticket for doing 80 in a 70. Now time for another DD course.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #24
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Engineer View Post
SOB!!! i did jinx myself, i got a ticket after work on Friday. A warning for no front plate and ticket for doing 80 in a 70. Now time for another DD course.
Ouch!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #25
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyo View Post
Ouch!
Yea, first thing that came to my head as I saw him turn on the lights was "damn that C5 post..." lol. Fine wasnt to hugh compared to others, and this was the first one in the Camaro, i was over due for one anyway. $116 for court fee and $3/per mph over speed limit. But ill just take anohter online DD course for $30 and get it removed from my record. So ~$150 for this offense.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #26
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
When I have to go down those long 30 mph roads, I have to use the cruise control to maintain a legal speed ...
me too. We've got a small town nearby with a 25 mph speed limit starting about 3 miles out of town. Just put it on cruise/25mph. Hum "lo-ry-der..." to myself. Ride low, drive slow.
But... when I get to that city line on the way out of town all bets are off!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote