Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #57
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
but I maintain it like it's my own.....otherwise she'd drive it into the ground!

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #58
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I have one of each, the Camaro is the daily driver
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #59
MatchbookSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post
i'm 30 and own a challenger...am i out of tune with popular culture?...i sure hope so because today's pop culture is weird and scary.
Nope. I'm addressing older Mustang owners. Lol. And I actually love the Challenger's body lines. It's the best looking one out of all three if you ask me. Most retro by far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post
but I maintain it like it's my own.....otherwise she'd drive it into the ground!
Lol. At least you're good on that one. Tell you what...who's name is under the title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickerda View Post
An LS Camaro would wish that had a Hemi. Lol.
MatchbookSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:18 AM   #60
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitt85 View Post
Well the 2010 dodge challenger was my girlfriends dream car so she rented one while were down here. I have now driven all 3 modern muscle cars and I can say the mustang is the best driving car and looks better stock. The camaro has the best interior. The challenger is really worth less. Let's just say its no longer her dream car. All cars were base models.

You must be kidding me, the Mustang is the third best looking of the three. I dont know anyone who thinks the Mustang looks better then the Camaro or Challenger.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #61
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
oof....both cars are under her name actually, she has better credit then me :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchbookSS View Post
Lol. At least you're good on that one. Tell you what...who's name is under the title?

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #62
GEN-IV
Right Cam

Drives: 2010 LS3 / 79 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Damn, nice ass garage.
All American V8 muscle is a good thing. I've only owned 4 non GM cars in my life, a 70 Mustang an a 2010 GT500, a 70 Challenger and a 2009 Challenger R/T.

All of the news ones have their pros and cons, but remember between 1974 through around 1995, most so-called modern muscle cars were awful. Sure there were exceptions, Grand Nationals, a few Mustangs, Corvettes, etc, but 300hp was great! We've come a long way!

Now we have plenty of +400hp choices, that's a good thing! Tailights, interior trim, etc don't bother me, I'd much rather have the choices we have today for powertrains, what they are wrapped up in is secondary for me.

It is fun to argue which is better, at least we can
Old 07-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #63
FC_GIBB

Drives: 2012 Impala LTZ
Quote:
An LS Camaro would wish that had a Hemi. Lol.
that isn't an LS you can tell by the wheels/Halo's it has the RS package that means its at least a 1LT/RS or a 2LT/RS

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "'The United States of America", for an amount "up to, and including my life". That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FC_GIBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #64
FC_GIBB

Drives: 2012 Impala LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickerda View Post
nice rides!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "'The United States of America", for an amount "up to, and including my life". That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FC_GIBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #65
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Agree that the reverse lights look like an afterthought, but otherwise I absolutely love Camaro's rear. It looks incredibly Bad Azz, and really sets the car apart from others. I love the look of my Challenger from front, but from side and back the Camaro blows it away.

I agree. I think the rear of the Camaro is the best looking part of it...even better than the front!

However, the Challenger has the best looking front....mehhh sides....and decent rear. I just love the retro look of the front.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #66
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Apparently tone is exceptionally hard to for you read, because the whole change comment was just sarcasm meant to create some excuse for me to poke fun at the median age of most people on this board. I don't really care how old you are.

And they sell assloads of them because they're cheap and affordable. Just like LS Camaros. And mostly to women. What was it? Mustangs had been dubbed the Secretary's Car back in the day? That's cool...

I can't really address the saturation issues concerning the Camaro yet, because they aren't as pervasive as the Mustang is. Granted the car has only been out going on 3 years now, vs 8 for the Stang. But, you of course know, that the Camaro rumor mill is that the revamp will come at for the 2014 model or something along those lines. 5 years vs what...when did Ford say the Mustang was going to get a revamp? Oh yeah, no one knows.

Glad to see all the Mopar guys are on here. I better reactivate my SRTForums account and start trolling over there. Lol.

AZ, you're not gonna get me mad over this, brotha. But what I think that you haven't realized yet, (surprising, given your advanced condition) is that I'm just stating my opinion concerning the way the Mustang looks. Which is just that. An opinion. If you don't agree with it, brotha...you don't have to. It's not going to bother me.

Though, I'll say this. I would venture to say, that, given the age demographic that we both are a part of, respectively, I'll bet that I'm far more in tune with "popular" culture's opinion of what looks good in the majority than you are. *ahem*
Good grief...

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #67
MatchbookSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ MSCL View Post
Good grief...
Yes, Charlie Brown?
Old 07-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #68
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Not really. I'm just amazed at some people's lack of taste. And yes. I say that because my taste is better than your's, AZ.

Funny how some peeps think their taste is the standard. Went to the car show with 3 friends. Not GM or Mopar brandwhores since they drive S63, M3, S4........ after checking out the cars in detail, 2 liked the SRT8 over the others, and one liked the Mustang. Funny how so many lack taste... Bottom line, drive what you like.....don't worry so much about what you think others may be thinking......
Old 07-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #69
MatchbookSS

Quote:
AZ, you're not gonna get me mad over this, brotha. But what I think that you haven't realized yet, (surprising, given your advanced condition) is that I'm just stating my opinion concerning the way the Mustang looks. Which is just that. An opinion. If you don't agree with it, brotha...you don't have to. It's not going to bother me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
Funny how some peeps think their taste is the standard. Went to the car show with 3 friends. Not GM or Mopar brandwhores since they drive S63, M3, S4........ after checking out the cars in detail, 2 liked the SRT8 over the others, and one liked the Mustang. Funny how so many lack taste... Bottom line, drive what you like.....don't worry so much about what you think others may be thinking......

I'm just here to exasperate AZ and the rest of you Mopar/Ford boys, on a Camaro board.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #70
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Quote:

I'm just here to exasperate AZ and the rest of you Mopar/Ford boys, on a Camaro board.
i come in peace and to discuss cars because i am a car fanboy...not just a one brand fanboy. call me a troll or whatever for having a challenger and coming to a camaro board, but its a nice change of pace to come and talk cars with guys and gals that dont have the same thing as i do. i've gotten in some great multiple page long debates with guys on here. its what keeps me sane in the winter months when i cant drive my car

there always has to be guys on particular brand forums that dont want any outsiders...and a few of the challenger boards i belong to have their share and i'm sure mustang boards do too.

in short...everyone has their own opinion on what looks best. its all subjective. in my opinion, its kinda stupid to argue because you will never convince someone which car is better looking be happy with what you got and let others be happy with what they have.

i frequent here much less in the summer cause i'm out enjoying my baby and talking with car guys at shows and the track.
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote