Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #15
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
China has been building most of the OEM and cast aftermarket wheels in the industry for over 2 decades now. Just about every factory wheel found on any brand vehicle has wheels made in China. Many of the aftermarket custom wheels you see are also made in China. You can usually tell by the cheaper pricetag on them.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #16
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
China has been building most of the OEM and cast aftermarket wheels in the industry for over 2 decades now. Just about every factory wheel found on any brand vehicle has wheels made in China. Many of the aftermarket custom wheels you see are also made in China. You can usually tell by the cheaper pricetag on them.
Yep, my "AMERICAN" Racing Wheels.........guess what....made in China!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #17
Nine Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Yep, my "AMERICAN" Racing Wheels.........guess what....made in China!!!
Well, China does own quite a bit of America. Doh!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #18
Blehner

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
I work for a OEM distributor and I can say that almost if not 80% of the OEM parts we sell are made in China. And we look for products that arn't made in China because most it doesn't even pass as a OEM part and has to be labeled as either Replacement or Aftermarket.
Blehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #19
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
So what? China has the comparative advantage over us in manufacturing. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just the way it is. Workers here want to be vastly overpaid to do simple tasks and then wonder why the jobs and manufacturing go overseas. Even if you don't work in manufacturing directly, your wage still contributes at some point along the supply chain. If you want to see this changed then every one of us should go march down to our bosses' offices and DEMAND we be paid less and work longer hours!

Doesn't sound so good now does it?
Old 08-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #20
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
So what? China has the comparative advantage over us in manufacturing. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just the way it is. Workers here want to be vastly overpaid to do simple tasks and then wonder why the jobs and manufacturing go overseas. Even if you don't work in manufacturing directly, your wage still contributes at some point along the supply chain. If you want to see this changed then every one of us should go march down to our bosses' offices and DEMAND we be paid less and work longer hours!

Doesn't sound so good now does it?
CD07 is right on the money here. This is OUR fault as much as anyone. Between union demands, high labor rates, and a lacking work ethic in the U.S (I hate it, but it is true) you can't blame a company for having to outsource jobs to countries that work cheaper, harder, and expect less in return.

That's why the Japanese and Korean manufacturers are where they are today. They are on the incline, while many american manufacturers are closing or looking elswhere to produce their goods.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #21
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
CD07 is right on the money here. This is OUR fault as much as anyone. Between union demands, high labor rates, and a lacking work ethic in the U.S (I hate it, but it is true) you can't blame a company for having to outsource jobs to countries that work cheaper, harder, and expect less in return.

That's why the Japanese and Korean manufacturers are where they are today. They are on the incline, while many american manufacturers are closing or looking elswhere to produce their goods.
Ding, ding, ding! Get this man a prize. The sad part is when you bring up these facts people cry bloody murder and say it's unamerican.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #22
Nine Ball

Camaros used to be built in the states too
Old 08-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #23
flyinlow89
Smoke Alotapotomous

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
The way i see it , it's better in China than in Poland !!
Fortunately nobody cares how you see it
flyinlow89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #24
BlackPlague

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT (Prod. #115)
lol that's why there my winter wheels...i could care less if they get salt on em...but my bremmers are spring/summer/fall only

2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT 6M, Prod #115, Black W/ Cyber Grey stripes [TRADED]
BlackPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #25
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPlague
lol that's why there my winter wheels...i could care less if they get salt on em...but my bremmers are spring/summer/fall only
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you own two sets of wheels made in China. LOL
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #26
Nine Ball

Exactly. Bremmer Kraft is also Chinese.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #27
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
From the Camaro Wiki. Doesn't mention country though, just supplier name.
Attached Images