Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #29
caliguy
Don't ask to pop my hood!

Drives: it's loud.......
Buy a lot of condoms you'll be getting all the trim while your friends are sitting in the corner pulling their puds as you drive by with the babes
Limo tint rears, 35% sides | B&G lowering springs | BowTies Blacked out | Red Footwells|Dome Light|Kicker 500Watts-Amp-Kicker 12" Ported Sub=BOOM| Stillin Splitter |Pssst 100 shot| 13.36 @102.7 @LVMS |
caliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:08 AM   #30
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
To quote the great Camaro meme thread:
Quote:
Credits to whoever made it up, sorry I forgot who posted it but I had the image opened in another tab.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:55 AM   #31
Kermit1

Drives: 2011 Callaway 2SS/RS
Since 2000, I have owned a car capable of 175 plus. I am 62, member of the late 60's Muscle car era. I just enjow knowing the car is capable of going Stupid FAST. I don't have to prove it to anyone. My biggest concern is those me first idiots that stay on the fast lane and fail to move out of a passers way as most states require. You know those signs "Slower traffic keep Right" So I keep my rare heavy foot to those least traveled back roads where a nice long stretch is available for a bit of rubber burning and banging the gears. Enjoy your car for what it is V6 or V8 and stay safe..
Kermit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #32
Brettscamaro
BrettsCamaro

Drives: Black 2ss Rs
What you should do is laugh at them, then ask their girlfriend if she wants to go to dinner in a real car. Take their girls from them, that's what I did when 2 years ago Lol.
Brettscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #33
dfield23

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
Im right there with you man i just graduated high school i got my car my senior year. I get the same question but im not ashamed im not going to bitch that its a v6 when my parents are paying for it. This v6 got power i wanna see another v6 that could beat the camaro
dfield23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #34
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
1. understandable

2. well my SS is really nice and fun to drive when it was a DD.

3. understandable, but if i cared about gas, i wouldn't get a performance car.

4. i would say 95% of camaro SS owners have NO desire of tracking there brand new car. i have a modded SS camaro, been to the drag one time. not planning on going back. idk people think just because its a SS its made to be a track car or something. the car is made to be driven everyday, not made for drag strip or track.

5. thats just a bad excuse.
1. You don't have to spend more to be happier.

2. My V6 is fun to drive and IS my daily driver.

3. If you have no or little income the price of gas is a concern.

4. Drags are boring. I like to drive more than 1/4 mile at a time.

5. I don't need to impress anyone. I am totally happy with my Camaro.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #35
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
Don't worry about what other people think bud, I got my first camaro when I was a junior in High School except it was an 87 with a 2.8 liter V6 and about half the horse power that yours is. I got sassed for having a V6 as well, but I didn't care! it was the best looking car at our school and the girls loved the t-tops have fun and be safe thats what it's all about
Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #36
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
I occasionally get the "aw, it's only a v6?" line. Generally from people who don't know squat about cars. They never realize it's a pretty impressive v6 at that!

My buddy used to give me the hardest time about getting the v6, until I tossed him the keys and told him to take it for a spin. He hasn't said a word since because he came back with permagrin and said "Wow... that has some balls for a v6."

Let the haters be haters and enjoy your car. If they're not paying the bill, what's it to them!?
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #37
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
RKCamaro13, CONGRATS on getting the ride......I never had a Camaro when I was in H.S., only had the "family" car to drive....didn't get my first Camaro till I was in College, and I paid for it. And your attitude is where it should be concerning these people, obviously that are net anywhere near as mature as you are. And its the reason your folks got you your car. I too have an RS...not because I couldn't afford one, its what I wanted. For the people that say, HOW COME YOU DIDN'T GET THE V8....just blow them off, just a little trivia about our cars, of all the small block v8 that were ever put into a camaro before the 5th gen....only ONE made more advertised H.P. then our V6, and only by about 12 h.p. our cars are plenty fast....sure there will always be a BIGGER DOG on the street....but who cares, YOU BE STYLE'IN!!

oh and btw, before I forget.......don't think we've met before...... Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #38
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
..heck of a X-mas present. All I got was a pair of socks.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #39
BlueDragonVT

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Keep driving your car in a responsible manner, and ignore the haters that will try to break you down to make themselves feel better.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #40
RKCamaro13

Drives: 2011 Red 2SSRS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
RKCamaro13, CONGRATS on getting the ride......I never had a Camaro when I was in H.S., only had the "family" car to drive....didn't get my first Camaro till I was in College, and I paid for it. And your attitude is where it should be concerning these people, obviously that are net anywhere near as mature as you are. And its the reason your folks got you your car. I too have an RS...not because I couldn't afford one, its what I wanted. For the people that say, HOW COME YOU DIDN'T GET THE V8....just blow them off, just a little trivia about our cars, of all the small block v8 that were ever put into a camaro before the 5th gen....only ONE made more advertised H.P. then our V6, and only by about 12 h.p. our cars are plenty fast....sure there will always be a BIGGER DOG on the street....but who cares, YOU BE STYLE'IN!!

oh and btw, before I forget.......don't think we've met before...... Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Thanks for the invite
RKCamaro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #41
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
All I got was a new pair of $10 sneakers from Payless Shoe Source when I was in high school.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #42
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
consider yourself lucky, when i was 17 my first car was a four cylinder cavalier station wagon, and I was happy to have it. you were blessed with this car, be thankful! most of these kids will say that knowing it will get to you, just ignore them. or tell them the insurance and cost was prohibitive. either way it is way nicer car than most of us on here owned at your age!!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote