Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #29
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere Boy View Post
You don't need to go to another forum to find camaro hatred. There's plenty enough to go around right here. V8 hates V6, and manuals and autos both hate each other. I'm so close to calling it quits on this forum.
And to think there is much more important things in the world...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #30
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
I don't think they paid way more for it. I have a buddy that picked up a 2011 base as it can get corvette for 45,XXX out the door. And there are top model camaros that go for around that right?
A new (2011) 1LT Corvette can be had for $39,900. The C6 Corvette has not attracted any attention in a long, long time. And, the old-man connotation is just the base meme now for Corvette. They just begrudge any praise for the Camaro on the Corvette forums I think because Camaro has taken all the thunder away from them.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #31
kmhene

Drives: 2011 Cyber grey Camaro LT
Well were are all not like that. I belong to corvette forum also.
I love them both because I own one of each.
I have a 1984 Corvette and a 2011 Camaro.
I love them both.
And I can tell you, its not a bad life when you can get up for work and say to yourself mmmmm, what should I take today?
My Camaro? Or my Vette?

I worked my ass off for them and I am proud of them both.
I always loved Camaro's. I always loved vettes.
I am very lucky to own one of each.
But I must say, right now the Camaro really has my eye. This is one sweet looking car. I get more compliments on the Camaro than the vette.
And kids love this car.
Maybe we can get these young kids off the couch and back into working on cars like the old days. Thats what I did growing up.

I am also hoping to add a 1982 C-3 to my collection too.
So we alll dont bash them.

Kevin
kmhene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #32
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Not hate...just unfounded arrogance.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #33
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowStorm View Post
Many of the girls I have talked to think that the Corvettes are for older guys probably just because young guys usually can't afford them and don't drive them.
That's exactly what my wife said to me when I asked her if I should just go and buy the Corvette. $40K for a Camaro or spend a bit more and just get a Vette. Her comment was "Corvettes are for old guys." Granted I'm talking the entry level Vette, not a ZR1 beast. For me it boiled down to having a decked out Camaro or a bottom of the line Vette. This is just a toy car for me so it was hard enough shelling out the dough. Oh, and I do fall into the older guy category.
bannonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #34
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
those owners are helping to tarnish the image of the awesome corvette -- lame

camaro and corvette are both excellent. it just depends on what you are looking for.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #35
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I wouldn't call it hate, I'd call it friendly ribbing. Although there is always that person who is a complete A**.
It's the internet, you gotta have thick skin or else don't even bother touching your computer....
Have you ever asked the v6 guys how much they appreciate the "friendly ribbing"? I guess the douchebags tend to stick out more when they're being a douchebag to you.

There's even been posts on this forum about the frustration. There's Bowtie brothers and then there's my car or no car hero's.

Before it stirs the crap, I love the v8(I own a few). I wanted a cheap(under $25k out the door) daily driver. Didn't mean I had to drive a prius(just the thought made me throw up a little). 26mpg is good enough for me. I'm not insane enough to think it makes just a little less hp than the stock v8. I don't think I can ever make it sound like a v8. I have laid down a 13.8 uncorrected and 13.69 corrected and feel it's decent, but not done. I'd love to get a Nickey or ZL1 but will probably look for an SS when the ZL1 owners get rid of theirs.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #36
epkmvuoq

Drives: 2ss red m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
That's exactly what my wife said to me when I asked her if I should just go and buy the Corvette. $40K for a Camaro or spend a bit more and just get a Vette. Her comment was "Corvettes are for old guys." Granted I'm talking the entry level Vette, not a ZR1 beast. For me it boiled down to having a decked out Camaro or a bottom of the line Vette. This is just a toy car for me so it was hard enough shelling out the dough. Oh, and I do fall into the older guy category.
I would have bought a vette but there's one problem,I cannot go anywhere in nice cloths. The only way I can get in and out of one is to back up and fall into it and roll out of it on the ground like a hog. Not good when going out to dinner !! I sprung for the camaro.
epkmvuoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #37
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by epkmvuoq View Post
I would have bought a vette but there's one problem,I cannot go anywhere in nice cloths. The only way I can get in and out of one is to back up and fall into it and roll out of it on the ground like a hog. Not good when going out to dinner !! I sprung for the camaro.
haha. Great imagery.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #38
JPDeMircift

Drives: 2011 Summit White 1LT RS
That just kind of makes me sad hearing there is hate coming from vette owners, every time I see one I think of it being like my cars daddy along with Tahoes being a big brother, everything Chevy is family to me
JPDeMircift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #39
1Camaro2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I love the corvette, it is my dream car believe it or not but man I have yet to be acknowledged by a vette driver when I'm in my Camaro. I mean I turn my head to check out a vette as it passes me and to give a thumbs up but those old vette guys couldn't give a crap about a Camaro passing them by. I just thought they were car folks and would appreciate another Chevy muscle car but def not the case.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #40
aet08

Drives: c
because my car shits on a lot of corvettes
aet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #41
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Not surprised... there are 2 d-bag Vette owners in my area: a black C5 and a silver C6 (assuming LS2) that try to race and fail miserably

Other than them, never had an issue with Vette owners.
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #42
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
I have not run into many bad vette owners, I can't speak for their boards since I've never been on one.

I have found though that sites that focus on one vehicle tend to attract the most D-bags, this site included. They all think their car was created by God himself and is superior to everything else on the road. I tend to just stick to the general LSX boards, lsxnation and ls1tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
I hate trans ams
What a troll.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote